UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Just got prescribed some roids!!

7/22/11 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Noose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had my testosterone levels tested. They were low. Doctor prescribed me some andro gel.

Have any of you used this stuff or other kind of testosterone replacement therapy? What are some of the things I should expect? Does it work?
7/24/11 10:46 AM
WidespreadPanic

It works OK, but some people report it does not penetrate their skin. Be sure you get tested for PSA, and have your prostate checked for BPH.

If it doesn't seem to affect your mood and strength, you can ask for an injection to supplement it of most MDs.

What's your BF%, body weight, age, T level if you don't mind saying?
7/24/11 5:09 PM
The Noose

I'm 32. T levels were right at 200. I'm a fat ass but trying to lose it. I've let myself go over the last ten years and now I'm about 50 pounds over weight. Feel like shit all the time. Hoping this will help. Phone Post
8/5/11 9:41 AM
WidespreadPanic

When I was 50-60lbs heavier, my T was 232 (age 55). Now, much lighter I'm at 450-500. So being overfat can take a toll on your T-levels. I did the HRT for about 18 months. The Dr said I'd have to be on it for life, but he was incorrect. My PSA started to go up (it was extremely low at start) but not at a dangerous level, so I quit.

I would caution against taking it in your 30s and try to hold off until late 40s and just lose the weight.

Good luck!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.