UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> Tri-Nations available on U.S. TV????

7/22/11 3:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
seg
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't find it on my cable.
7/24/11 6:39 PM
nathan@aristeia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just sent you a message.
7/27/11 8:46 PM
Squatdog

The IRB really need to get the Tri Nations and Super Rugby onto American television if they want to promote the sport.

Watching Munster beat London Albanians 9-6 with a team of washed-up Southern Hemisphere players in front of 5,000 people isn't going to cut it.
7/30/11 4:15 PM
Joe

they definitely need to. right now i get some crap us games on versus and they show the super 15 finals two weeks after the fact.
8/1/11 1:12 PM
seg
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - The IRB really need to get the Tri Nations and Super Rugby onto American television if they want to promote the sport.

Watching Munster beat London Albanians 9-6 with a team of washed-up Southern Hemisphere players in front of 5,000 people isn't going to cut it.

Truth.  I'm not even sure if I am going to get the World Cup. 

Only Southern Hemisphere rugby I got this year was State of Origin, and that doesn't  even count.
8/1/11 6:46 PM
Squatdog

Fucking retarded.

It's like the IRB have no interest in promoting Rugby globally other than foisting their second-rate Home Nations competition on people.
8/8/11 11:55 AM
seg

I can't believe Fox has the rights to carry the Tri-Nations in Australia but Rupert can't figure out a way to get it broadcast in America.  My cable has about 10 Fox sports channels, but none of them show SH rugby (other than State of Origin).
8/16/11 4:12 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fox soccer plus carries archived stuff

really hard to watch the current tri nations
8/16/11 6:08 PM
Squatdog

Fucking unreal. It's not like they don't have the rights to it.
8/17/11 12:49 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rugby licence is very region based.

I can't watch any BBC rugby highlights because they don't have the licence to show it out side of Britain.

Mediazone used to have the licence but its been pulled for some reason. Its just really hard to get it and that opens avenues up for all these stupid fucking scam sites.

I'm willing to pay for rugby from a reputable site/channel but 15 bucks a game is retarded but thats all you can get via setanta and premium sports.

I fucking cant stand it. Rugby is a sport run by old cunts in blazers who have no idea how to market adn distribute it to the youth and tecnologically savy people of today.

I want to enjoy the world cup but at the moment i have no idea how to even watch the games.

You do a search for world cup rugby coverage and you just get scam sites.
8/17/11 12:51 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

scratch all that.

NBC has just gotten the rights to all the matches
8/17/11 12:56 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

so you can buy the entire world cup on www.universalsports.com for $130 bucks if you order by 1st september.

its pricey but at 20-25 bucks a game otherwise it makes sence to pay the lump for all the mathes.
8/17/11 8:14 PM
Squatdog

Edited: 08/17/11 8:15 PM
I fucking cant stand it. Rugby is a sport run by old cunts in blazers who have no idea how to market adn distribute it to the youth and tecnologically savy people of today.

Will Carling's 'boring old farts'.

Another problem is that the IRB have a vested interest in promoting their inferior European competitions to ensure the Home Nation's primacy over the Southern Hemisphere. This means a casual American or Canadian fan will think 5,000 people watching London Uzbeks play Worchestershire in a howling gale is the very pinnacle of international Rugby.
8/20/11 9:05 PM
5 for fighting
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it wasnt for the internet Id never be able to watch any rugby.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.