UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dustin Hazelett MMA careeer on hold for family

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/25/11 12:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“Fighting is a very unstable source of income,” Dustin Hazelett recently told Sherdog.com. “Even though I’m young, I’ve had a long and rough career that took a pretty hard toll on my body.”

“Ever since I tore my ACL, I have been very concerned with getting a career set up so that if, God forbid, I can’t fight anymore, I have a career to go work in,” Hazelett said. “It seems more important now that I’m about to be a father.”

“Right now, I’m working for a private ambulance company (as an EMT). It leaves me a decent amount of time to train, which I really like.”

“I still watch (mixed martial arts)as much as I did last year when I was fighting all the time. I’m still training. I’ve been focusing more on helping my teammates out with preparing for their fights. I really enjoy teaching BJJ. It gives me a chance to help my team as they helped me.

“I’m not planning on fighting until after the baby gets here and I’m able to see how much time I have to train. I want to get into a good parenting rhythm before I try to fight again.”

“Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to have more than 24 hours’ growth while I’m working. It sucks. I feel like less of a man, although I have gotten stronger from lifting and carrying people all day.”

Read entire article...

7/25/11 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PosterboyOwnsMe4
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big fan of hazelett's and i hope to see some of his crazy shit in the future.  always gotta put family first, though. 
7/25/11 1:38 PM
demonbasketball04
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground News - Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have more than 24 hours' growth while I'm working. It sucks. I feel like less of a man, although I have gotten stronger from lifting and carrying people all day."

What does this mean??
7/25/11 1:40 PM
Chimonos Revenge
1220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demonbasketball04 - 
Underground News - Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have more than 24 hours' growth while I'm working. It sucks. I feel like less of a man, although I have gotten stronger from lifting and carrying people all day."

What does this mean??

means you have to shave every day
7/25/11 1:41 PM
Chimonos Revenge
1220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope to see him come back.
I always liked to watch him fight.
Talented guy.
7/25/11 2:06 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLovin is a really exciting fighter... sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and I wish him the best of luck!
7/25/11 7:46 PM
SirChadwick
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing inspires a guy quite like having a baby... he'll be back.
7/25/11 8:15 PM
gooner666
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to have more than 24 hours’ growth while I’m working. It sucks. I feel like less of a man"

I hear you man!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.