UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Justin Wren fundraising for trip to save pygmies

7/26/11 12:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

From the desk of Justin "Viking" Wren

I had my world ROCKED and my life TRANSFORMED on my 55day mission trip & discipleship program called “The Experience!” I absolutely could never describe in words how great and life changing it was. I did hear a quote that said, “No amount of money could EVER replace the feeling of seeing God’s smile.” Well I now know what that feels like! One glimpse of that is pictured below. I thought I’d immediately go back to fighting after Haiti, The DR and “The Experience” but I heard the calling to Africa for The Ultimate Fight 4 Christ! 

During one of the sessions a KBM speaker, Caleb Bislow, shared about a people group in Africa that made my heart spin wildly inside my chest like a tornado!  The Pygmies in the Congo are a very despised people group in Africa.  In RECENT years rebel groups have even sought to annihilate and cannibalize them.  It is hard for me to believe that there is such pain in our world and that few have heard about this tragedy. They are a neglected people group because of their remote location and the risks involved in reaching out to them.   After sharing about the Pygmies Caleb invited myself and two others to join him this August on his first mission trip to Africa.  I realized that God has wired me to take risks in life and there is nothing that I would rather risk for than his Kingdom! We have the cure for Hell, and the pygmies have never heard of Jesus!

This trip will also allow me to minister to suffering rape victims in the Congo, a village in Rwanda, and numerous unreached Maasai villages in Kenya and Tanzania.  I recognize that this is an expensive trip due to all of the elements, the corruption in the Congo,  and the extremely high gas prices in East Africa, but I believe that if God is in it then He will provide. These Pygmies are a  HUGE cause worth Fighting for!

This opportunity came at me fast, because the trip will take place from August 2 to August 22 .  God has already miraculously blessed as me with some financial support, but I am still trying to raise the remaining $3,000  by Friday July 29th, 2011.   If you would like to partner with me through prayer or finances please fill out the information below, check the boxes accordingly, and send it in to KBM.  I plan to give my partners a full report upon my return.  Thank you for prayerfully considering this investment in my life and in the lives of those that are forgotten in Africa.

7/26/11 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
romophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before bantamweights.

Always good to see fighters doing good.
7/26/11 12:19 PM
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/26/11 1:06 PM
sevr1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thirdleg Greg - pretty amazing of him, the article over at mmafighting about him is gold

7/26/11 1:12 PM
Gwai Lo

Help them, don't try to convert them.
7/26/11 1:33 PM
Snowguy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinda fishy?
7/26/11 1:37 PM
VinCenzo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes a good guy. so when is someone gonna photoshop The Rashad Face onto the kid Wren is holding?
7/26/11 1:51 PM
Liquid8

MMA needs a new weight class for pygmy vs. pygmy imo.
7/26/11 1:57 PM
yomamafool

so he wants to go preach to them? thats going to help them how again?
7/26/11 2:34 PM
Tomato Can
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This sounds like some bullshit. How the fuck is proselytizing to a bunch of rape victims and primitive tribesmen helping them? Fuck that noise and fuck this glorified panhandler.
7/26/11 2:53 PM
Soup and Beer
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do it for OMA!!

7/26/11 3:23 PM
Tomato Can
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, his MMA experience has nothing to do with this. It's more the idea of some big goof telling rape victims that they need to accept Jesus Christ as their savior or they're going to hell. This line in particular makes me a little ill:

"We have the cure for Hell, and the pygmies have never heard of Jesus!"
7/26/11 4:00 PM
Tomato Can

I don't agree that "spreading faith" is admirable or worthwhile in the least. It would be a lot more beneficial to give that $3000 to the Red Cross or CARE or Action Against Hunger than to give it to some meathead who's going to run around the Congo telling pygmies that Jesus is the cure for their ills.
7/26/11 4:18 PM
Tomato Can

GTFO with this horseshit. Like some dying pygmy kid is going to have his day brightened by Justin Wren's goofy mug yapping at him about Jesus. How about instead of wasting money on this stupidity you leave the humanitarian work to people who know what the fuck they're doing.
7/26/11 4:21 PM
Snowguy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/26/11 4:21 PM
^^ holy crap lol

7/26/11 4:28 PM
ender852
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - I don't agree that "spreading faith" is admirable or worthwhile in the least. It would be a lot more beneficial to give that $3000 to the Red Cross or CARE or Action Against Hunger than to give it to some meathead who's going to run around the Congo telling pygmies that Jesus is the cure for their ills.

yeah, do them a favor and give it to red cross. I am sure they could use food and supplies instead of jesus and bibles.
7/26/11 4:39 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone already knew UG News is stupid and incompetent, but who know he/she is also a fire and brimstone evangelical who believes in "saving" African people from eternal damnation? It's kind of a slap in the face to all the legitimate causes people promote through the UG to be supporting Wren's personal globetrotting adventures

7/26/11 4:49 PM
THP

Oh boy will those cannibals be pleasantly surprised to see Justin Wren's portly ass on feeding day.
7/26/11 4:50 PM
FrankGotch

Yes, exactly. Total bullshit. You want to help those people? Then feed them so they don't starve to death. You can preach about Jesus, Moses, god, mohammad, barney, freddy, jason, the boogie man, or any other bullshit you're trying to sell, but some false prophet like Jesus will not keep them alive; it takes people, money, and resources, not some scriptures in a book.
7/26/11 5:56 PM
HELWIG

Wow, amazing.

That is real commitment at significant personal risk.
7/26/11 6:00 PM
HELWIG

Oh my mistake.

I didnt realize this was a chance for internet anti-theists to vent their personal issues.

7/26/11 6:15 PM
Mike F
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thirdleg Greg - 
Tomato Can - I don't agree that "spreading faith" is admirable or worthwhile in the least. It would be a lot more beneficial to give that $3000 to the Red Cross or CARE or Action Against Hunger than to give it to some meathead who's going to run around the Congo telling pygmies that Jesus is the cure for their ills.

OK, if he makes a dying orphan smile he's making a difference and is helping. Whether this trip is through religion or not....they are helping

If I were a dying orphan I'd prefer a sandwich.
7/26/11 7:11 PM
Hansumboy

People who go on these trips really dont give a shit about helping. They just want to look good in others eyes and have an "adventure". Its a retarded form of tourism really. What a fucking douchebag that guy is trying to shove his retarded religion on people who have no interest in it.
7/26/11 7:20 PM
WRESTLENOW

yeah, im sure they have no need for food, water, tools or education, Bread? nah, they just need a little jesus in their life.
7/26/11 7:27 PM
gabemadrid
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait is he going there with food and medicine I mean if so then although he is bringing them religion they do not have to accept but they can at least help those misfortunate folks out. If it's just religion then yeah that sucks Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.