UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Best kneepad for takedowns?

7/26/11 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Duke Powerhand
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been at www.combatsports.com looking at kneepads and there is a wide variety to choose from. The ones I have used in the past have either not fit too well or pinched etc...

Anyone with experience that can recommend a good fit? BTW I am about 6' 195 lbs
7/26/11 6:05 PM
ChipW
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im exactly your size and i like these very much.  They are real thin behind the knee so they dont pinch me.  size medium is tight enough to stay on.
http://www.takedownshop.com/kneepads/brute/brute-torq-kneepad.html
7/27/11 4:00 PM
Duke Powerhand
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks pretty solid, probably will get that one. Thanks
7/31/11 9:20 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just seeing this: unless you have a knee issue, I'd really recommend going without kneepads. Relying on kneepads can actually play a role in weakening the structural tissue and muscles around your knee. I know, because I began wearing kneepads when I was very young and always had knee issues, even tearing my meniscus. 

Fast forward a bunch of years, I took them off. My shots got better, my legs felt stronger, and I felt I had a tad more dexterity. Definitely get a pair just to have in case, but I'd say try practicing (or competing) without them.
8/1/11 6:37 AM
Duke Powerhand

thforklift I have an issue with my right knee, I haven't had it looked at yet but it'll pop or sometimes just give out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.