UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nam Phan was Caught Off Guard by Brown Fight

7/28/11 10:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CrashMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2011/07/28/nam-phan-mike-brown-is-the-biggest-fight-of-my-career/

Good Nam Phan article/interview.

Best line:

The Brown fight, after I broke my foot, I talked to the matchmaker Sean Shelby and he goes, ‘Alright Nam, I’ve got a fight for you,’ and I go ‘Oh, awesome, who is it?’ He says ‘Mike Brown’, and I’m like ‘Mike Brown? Dude, come on! That’s kind of a tough fight. You couldn’t give me a warm-up or something?””

I like this guy.
7/28/11 10:32 PM
Pizzeria Nova Uno

Go Phan Phone Post
7/28/11 10:37 PM
PanRoastedJinx
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nam Pham via best looking Vietnamese fighter on the planet.  No romo.
7/30/11 3:26 PM
PanRoastedJinx
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL I killed this threqd dead in its tracks.  Sorry Nam, no romo.
7/30/11 4:16 PM
Gino_Corona

Nam Pham's career highlight is getting caught jerking off in the showers on TUF. Phone Post
7/30/11 4:46 PM
Heddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRETARD -  

Mike Brown via not being this guy

What was this all about? LOL
7/30/11 9:34 PM
Neil Funk

I'm a Nam Phan fan. Nam Phan from 'Nam
7/31/11 1:30 AM
medaillon

Fan of Nam Phan! He's right about the matchmaking!
7/31/11 3:22 AM
TheSuperiorMan

Edited: 07/31/11 3:25 AM
Heddy - 
CRETARD -  

Mike Brown via not being this guy

What was this all about? LOL

I'll tell you what that's about. Nam would always pick fights with guys at school that had no real experience in fighting. Knowing that he had better conditioning and being some what trained in MMA gave him a huge advantage in his so called High School fights.  I see that as being a weak person picking fights with people who didn't train, just to build up your ego. If anything show the whole fight not just the end when the dude in white  is tired as fuck that he couldn't even pick up his arms to block. Show when this amateur rocked the living shit out of Nam but stopped because he thought Nam was out, so he stopped fighting. 

Show that part...       
7/31/11 4:29 AM
Honolii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjn_uWwHg8

There you go. Shows Nam being rocked by that hard hitting amateur. Clearly the amateur has great skills to rock Nam like the he did. UNFUCKINBELEIVABLE.
7/31/11 5:08 AM
TheSuperiorMan

Honolii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjn_uWwHg8

There you go. Shows Nam being rocked by that hard hitting amateur. Clearly the amateur has great skills to rock Nam like the he did. UNFUCKINBELEIVABLE.

Thats not the whole fight!!! Thats was after they stopped and restarted, mind you there was at least five minutes  that were edited out. The point still stands why is this trained fighter "ASKING" guys who don't train, to fight knowing that he as an advantage in conditioning and skill because of his training. Or better yet show the fights were Nam gets knocked out by other high school kids, or did Nam's buddies forget to record those fights? Bottom line is its a weak move, and sad to say something that happened when he was in High School is one of his fans greatest achievements. LOL     

7/31/11 5:14 AM
KwikTempah

you should only pick fights with guys that are better fighters than yourself , it's more honourable and UG keyboard warriors will sing your praises . Phone Post
7/31/11 5:15 AM
TheSuperiorMan

I say WAR Brown!!!
7/31/11 5:22 AM
Honolii

TheSuperiorMan - 
Honolii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjn_uWwHg8

Thats not the whole fight!!! Thats was after they stopped and restarted, mind you there was at least five minutes  that were edited out. The point still stands why is this trained fighter "ASKING" guys who don't train, to fight knowing that he as an advantage in conditioning and skill because of his training. Or better yet show the fights were Nam gets knocked out by other high school kids, or did Nam's buddies forget to record those fights? Bottom line is its a weak move, and sad to say something that happened when he was in High School is one of his fans greatest achievements. LOL     

Maybe Nam was fighting the big brown guy because he was picking on the little asian guys??
7/31/11 5:23 AM
TheSuperiorMan

Edited: 07/31/11 5:31 AM
7/31/11 5:31 AM
TheSuperiorMan

Edited: 07/31/11 5:39 AM
Honolii -    
Maybe Nam was fighting the big brown guy because he was picking on the little asian guys??

No, from what I heard they didn't have any beef, it was just Nam asking that dude if he wanted to spare after school. However, his not the only guy Nam would ask to fight, and every time he did fight someone  it was never anyone who had any real skill or training. Yet in the eyes of Westminster he is the (GOAT) greatest fighter of all time because of his after school fights lol loll!!! 

Whats really going on?        
7/31/11 5:45 AM
Honolii

I don't know what's going on. I ask myself that, seeing those fights you talk about happened in high school. Time to move on. You can't live in the past Dude.
Maybe you're having high school withdrawals.
Have you thought about seeing a counselor, or maybe moving out of your mom's house?
7/31/11 5:46 AM
Gino_Corona

I heard that Nam felt so bad about the fight afterwards that he did the guy's homework for the rest of the week and reformated his computer. Phone Post
7/31/11 5:51 AM
TheSuperiorMan

Honolii - I don't know what's going on. I ask myself that, seeing those fights you talk about happened in high school. Time to move on. You can't live in the past Dude.
Have you thought about seeing a counselor, or maybe moving out of your mom's house?

Just the facts...  
7/31/11 6:08 AM
Honolii

Dead Again - 
Honolii - I don't know what's going on. I ask myself that, seeing those fights you talk about happened in high school. Time to move on. You can't live in the past Dude.
Seems like you haven't really gotten past the high school phase either.

Nam is a bully and in true bully fashion, he doesn't want to fight someone that will light him up. Brown is gonna put a beating on him.

Uh, how so? I'm not the one bringing up Nam's high school fights. I was just responding to the dudes inquiries. He asked someone to show the full video and I went and looked for one and that was the only one I found which I thought MIGHT be the whole video. How should I have know it wasn't? I wasn't in high school then. Maybe he should have shown the whole video because he seemed to talk as he has sources.
Then he asked why Nam was fighting the untrained guy in the video. I again, gave an answer that MIGHT be right, to answer his question.
Then he asked, "What's going on?" because he seemed like he didn't comprehend and was stoned or something, so I gave him advice.
So, how is that High School?
7/31/11 6:10 AM
Honolii

TheSuperiorMan - 

Just the facts...  

Here's a fact, the video shows Nam knocking that guy down. Show me a video of Nam getting knoked down as you stated, picking on others as you stated. Until you do, they are all hearsay.
As you say, Just the facts...
7/31/11 3:52 PM
Honolii

**crickets**crickets**
7/31/11 3:57 PM
Haadogei

this Nam Phan thread took an odd turn. Never heard about any of this stuff.
7/31/11 5:03 PM
GTFOOHWTBS
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if this is accurate, but someone posted this in the comments regarding the back story to this video.

The big guy wasn’t necessarily a bully but was doubting Nam Phan’s talents as a martial artist. He ignorantly believed size > skill & speed. And yes there were racial slurs involved. They settled it after high school at their gymnasium and the rest if history. He got he’s ass whooped and handed over to him. It wasn’t an overhand right, it was a wild but fast feint jab-cross combo and some added ground and pound to put his ego back up his ass.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.