UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Navy SEALs

7/29/11 1:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stallerOT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The SEALs is my dream. I wondered if anyone had advice on how to train and prepare for the pst and bud/s. Particualarly in the swimming aspect..im a good swimmer but not strong enough yet. How do i improve? Any advice is welcomed
8/2/11 7:38 PM
Blizass
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have the crawl, breast and side stroke down? After you do, make sure you can do them with a uniform on and booties.

After that you need to get finning down, swimming with fins using the flutter kick method.

As for underwater events, make sure you have a spotter and work you way with underwaters etc.

I'm an army Combat Diver so I don't have any advice for your suck feast but I can say that if you have tech. down you will be better off on the water side of the house.
10/31/11 12:54 AM
manzuri
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To get the swim down I would do a 500m side stroke to practice your form then some free style sprints for cardio etc. One of my favorite work outs when I was getting ready for dive school was doing 25m free style sprints with 10 pushups on one side and 10 crunches/ flutter kicks on the other. Something else I did was pyramid up from 1 pull up 2 push ups 3 sit ups to 10/20/30 and back down. For the run sprints help a lot. When you start getting close to shipping id start doing run-swim-runs. I had outstanding pst scores when I went into dive school. Hope that helps man. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.