UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pat Miletich: Cormier will beat Big Foot

7/29/11 1:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

7/29/11 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Freeman Dyson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im picking him to beat bigfoot too. bigfoot is the most overrated fight on earth because he beat fedor. he was outwrestled by werdum, outstruck by werdum, taken down by kyle, stuffed by kyle, nearly finished by kyle.. and went three rounds on the feet without finishing AA, or even coming close.
7/29/11 2:02 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

croation > the rest of the UG

7/29/11 2:06 PM
Kirik
1726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
Zedlepln - 

croation > the rest of the UG

+1
7/29/11 2:06 PM
Silhouette
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why does pat always look like he has a dip in his in mouth?

or is it just me
7/29/11 2:29 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/29/11 2:30 PM
he's right... cormier is a worse fight for big foot than overeem was.
7/29/11 2:34 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - he's right... cormier is a worse fight for big foot than overeem was.
I don't always agree with mr. Logic...but this thought is logical. Phone Post
7/29/11 2:38 PM
orcus

Not much good reason to pick Cormier over Bigfoot right now. Cormier couldn't put away a hopelessly outclassed Monson standing, and will be giving up 5-6" in height and reach to a guy who outboxed Arlovski. Cormier may be able to get takedowns, but Bigfoot is a blackbelt with a 50lb weight advantage.
7/29/11 2:44 PM
Freeman Dyson

orcus -  Not much good reason to pick Cormier over Bigfoot right now. Cormier couldn't put away a hopelessly outclassed Monson standing, and will be giving up 5-6" in height and reach to a guy who outboxed Arlovski. Cormier may be able to get takedowns, but Bigfoot is a blackbelt with a 50lb weight advantage.

Bigfoot couldnt put away AA standing for 3 rounds, lost to werdum, was outstruck and outwrestled by werdum, and nearly finished by kyle. lol at bigfoot being good off his back.
7/29/11 2:44 PM
goku

i was impressed as HELL with cormier in his last fight..think hes wayy to quick for bigfoot
7/29/11 2:50 PM
orcus

Freeman Dyson - 
orcus -  Not much good reason to pick Cormier over Bigfoot right now. Cormier couldn't put away a hopelessly outclassed Monson standing, and will be giving up 5-6" in height and reach to a guy who outboxed Arlovski. Cormier may be able to get takedowns, but Bigfoot is a blackbelt with a 50lb weight advantage.

Bigfoot couldnt put away AA standing for 3 rounds, lost to werdum, was outstruck and outwrestled by werdum, and nearly finished by kyle. lol at bigfoot being good off his back.
Arlovski is better than Cormier standing, much more DANGEROUS than Cormier standing, and has much greater reach than Cormier. And in any case, put away or not, Bigfoot tooled him. Cormier hasn't shown signs of being any threat to Bigfoot on the ground. Outstruck by Werdum? Again, Werdum has about 5-6" of reach on Cormier.

I agree Bigfoot is over-rated, but Cormier is like 5'10" and hasn't shown much power or much ground game.

7/29/11 2:51 PM
Domingo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure about Cormier being a tougher match-up for Bigfoot, but I do think that Bigfoot is one of the best possible fights for Cormier in the tournament.
Bigfoot lacks the 1-shop KO power that Overeem and Sergei have, and he doesn't have the wrestling and awkward submission game Barnett has.
7/29/11 2:58 PM
Freeman Dyson

orcus - 
Freeman Dyson - 

Arlovski is better than Cormier standing, much more DANGEROUS than Cormier standing, and has much greater reach than Cormier. And in any case, put away or not, Bigfoot tooled him. Cormier hasn't shown signs of being any threat to Bigfoot on the ground. Outstruck by Werdum? Again, Werdum has about 5-6" of reach on Cormier.

I agree Bigfoot is over-rated, but Cormier is like 5'10" and hasn't shown much power or much ground game.

AA is much easier to put away than Monson. He gets KO'd by everybody lately except for Bigfoot.

You just admitted he was outstruck by Werdum. Think about that for a second. HE WAS OUTSTRUCK BY WERDUM. He was also taken down a mid level lhw, had his takedowns stuffed by him, and was nearly finished by him. the only reason bigfoot came back is because kyle broke his hand.

Cormier might not show any signs of being dangerous on top of bigfoot, but bigfoot has not shown that cormier will in danger on top of him. if cormier is on top of bigfoot, cormier is winning. you really think bigfoot is gonna do something off his back?

And Bigfoot had a signicantly longer reach than Kyle, it still didnt stop kyle from walloping and dropping him.
7/29/11 3:06 PM
Freeman Dyson

oh, Bigfoot also lost to Ricco. That fight was a robbery.
7/29/11 3:07 PM
Phisher

Edited: 07/29/11 3:11 PM
Freeman Dyson - 

^This. Bigfoot is being grossly overrated as a residual effect of the Fedor nuthuggery around here. I think that Silva's performance in the second round of that fight is much less impressive when you consider that Fedor had trouble with Brett Roberts' top control two fights earlier. It will be interesting to see how he performs tomorrow night.

This tournament could be a coming out party for Cormier. 
7/29/11 3:08 PM
Freeman Dyson

Lamonte Coleman - Why do you keep mentioning werdum outstruck bigfoot? Werdum was nearly unconcious multiple times in the first round and werdum didnt fair too bad on the feet against the k1 champ overeem. Werdums striking is underrated. He destroyed gonzaga on the feet and that was before he improved his striking immensely with cordiero. Show some respect.

lol, werdum's striking looked good against overeem? his striking is rated where it should be: elementary. gonzaga was actually picking apart werdum with leg kicks most of the fight until he gave it away like he always does. not that beating gonzaga means anything anyway.

and lol at werdum almost being unconscious many times against bigfoot. nowhere near as rocked as Bigfoot was against MIKE KYLE or Pele.
7/29/11 3:16 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/29/11 3:17 PM
Cormier will be able to put big foot on his back at will... being a bjj black belt in todays MMA world doesnt mean much - silva will be helpless off his back. The days of mark coleman and kevin randleman lack of submission defense is over.

However, I agree that Daniel has no punching power but he has enough technique to score points on the feet inbetween takedowns.

Cormier is gonna win a decision. Big foot poses very little threat... he has no KO power and he's not gonna get top position on cormier - so what is he gonna do? Bad matchup for big foot.
7/29/11 3:20 PM
Freeman Dyson

http://i56.tinypic.com/14mcjrd.jpg

7/29/11 3:24 PM
EyeRish
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope cormier shoots for TD's all day. even though bigfoots striking is terrible as well i think it would be fun to see him get GNP'ed after talking mad trash about wrestlers.
7/29/11 3:46 PM
ranier wolfcastle
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i really hope pat is right, but cormier hasnt fought at this level yet, and i have doubts
7/29/11 4:55 PM
Jamiee

Either one is probably a BAD matchup for the other. I think it's a tough fight to call.

Though I will say this - Why are people so sure that Big Foot is going to win? Try to analyze fights objectively, breaking down each of their attributes instead of stacking their accomplishments against each other's (Ex: Big Foot has beat Fedor and Arlovski while Cormier is a prospect whose best win is Monson, hence Big Foot > Cormier no contest. WRONG, it doesn't work like that. Common folly in message boards IMO)
7/29/11 4:57 PM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32m - HINT: Former Pro Fighter and Trainer = Likely worst predictor.

Just like Randy Couture...choose the opposite. In this case, pick Big foot.

Having a hard time understanding this logic.

TBidness
7/29/11 4:59 PM
RKing85
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like Cormier and know that he will be a top 10 fighter at some point in his career.

I think that BigFoot is a bit to big of a step up right now though. He's certainly got a chance, but I will be picking BigFoot to win.
7/29/11 5:05 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I way suprised by Cormiers very good striking in his most recent fight...very smooth and Fedor Like.

for someone known as primarily a wrestler he has apparenty improved dramaticly.
7/29/11 5:09 PM
orcus

Edited: 07/29/11 5:09 PM
 " He was also taken down a mid level lhw,"

Did Kyle take him down, or just drop him with a punch?

"
And Bigfoot had a signicantly longer reach than Kyle,"

Kyle is 6'3". Cormier's wiki lists him as 5'9".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.