UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Chiefs prediction...

9/19/11 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealJoker - This is life in the NFL from one year to the next. One season you're the hammer... then the next season you're the nail with a couple ill timed injuries and some unlucky breaks.

The problem with the Chiefs is if they were the "hammer" last season, their schedule was plywood. They only played 3 teams who had a winning record last year, and only won one of those games. They feasted on what turned out to be the weakest schedule in the league.
9/19/11 6:32 PM
Ronin Burgundy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I wasn't a Seahawk fan. I'd feel sorry for OP...
9/19/11 7:01 PM
Tommy Gunnz
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scuffler - I hate the injury to Charles. I know Thomas Jones' mom and dad. The only positive to me might be that TJ could possibly have a decent season now as the #1 back. I feel like his career numbers are starting to get pretty close to HOF #'s. I figure a couple of thousand more career yards and he would be hard to keep out of the hall despite never being a big name guy.

bro, I'm a Jets fan and thought Thomas Jones was a really really good back for us and was sad to see him go........but he is NOWHERE NEAR A HALL OF FAME PLAYER!
9/19/11 7:09 PM
scuffler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/11 7:24 PM
Tommy Gunnz - 
scuffler - I hate the injury to Charles. I know Thomas Jones' mom and dad. The only positive to me might be that TJ could possibly have a decent season now as the #1 back. I feel like his career numbers are starting to get pretty close to HOF #'s. I figure a couple of thousand more career yards and he would be hard to keep out of the hall despite never being a big name guy.

bro, I'm a Jets fan and thought Thomas Jones was a really really good back for us and was sad to see him go........but he is NOWHERE NEAR A HALL OF FAME PLAYER!

that's what most people think right of the bat....but, he is only about 1,800 yards away from 12,000 for his career and every eligible back in history with 12,000 or more yards in is. Only one or two with 10,000 hasn't made it. I realize people don't think of him as HOF material but with 12,000 career yards it may not be possible to keep him out.
9/19/11 7:34 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scuffler - 
Tommy Gunnz - 

that's what most people think right of the bat....but, he is only about 1,800 yards away from 12,000 for his career and every eligible back in history with 12,000 or more yards in is. Only one or two with 10,000 hasn't made it. I realize people don't think of him as HOF material but with 12,000 career yards it may not be possible to keep him out.
Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis beg to differ. Also, Edgerrin James 12,246 yards. While he is not eligible now do you think he should be in the HOF? James and Jones may be considered unlucky, but I think they both miss out.  Especially when you see the logjam for the Hall at the moment, quite a few players better than them waiting to get in.

9/19/11 8:18 PM
Tommy Gunnz
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither should make it but I would definitely put in Edgerrin James before I did Thomas Jones. At one point, Edgerrin was one of the absolute top rbs in the league......Jones has never been considered a top or elite nfl running back
9/19/11 9:02 PM
Doomsday

They did have a soft schedule last year, but should have improved this year. We prepared very poorly with the lockout. Haley came up with the worst plan possible and now with injuries its looking bad. I still think we win enough games that someone else gets luck. Just our luck...
9/20/11 5:33 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doomsday - They did have a soft schedule last year, but should have improved this year. We prepared very poorly with the lockout. Haley came up with the worst plan possible and now with injuries its looking bad. I still think we win enough games that someone else gets luck. Just our luck...

Haley lucked out as OC by having a HoF QB with 2 All-Pro receivers in 2008 and parlayed that into a HC job. Since then Haley has literally chased out anyone who gave the Chiefs a semblance of a good offense. He makes terrible decisions all the time in every facet of the game. He would be the Chief's Josh McDaniels if he made personnel decisions, who also benefitted from having a HoF QB and a HoF wide receiver in 2007. There are actually many similarities between the two, including their penchant for being combative with their players. But at least McDaniels can coach up QB's. Haley's time in KC should be ending soon, but I really hope he sticks around for as long as he can and be given MORE power.

Calling their schedule last year "soft" is one of the understatements of the year. They literally had one of the softest schedules EVER. They played 3 winning teams least year. 3. And they lost 2 of those games.
9/21/11 8:36 AM
strontium90
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my Bleacher Report article I had the Chiefs winning 7 this year - and many people said I was crazy for picking their win total that low.
9/21/11 9:31 AM
Tebowkakke
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

memory blues - 
Doomsday - They did have a soft schedule last year, but should have improved this year. We prepared very poorly with the lockout. Haley came up with the worst plan possible and now with injuries its looking bad. I still think we win enough games that someone else gets luck. Just our luck...

Haley lucked out as OC by having a HoF QB with 2 All-Pro receivers in 2008 and parlayed that into a HC job. Since then Haley has literally chased out anyone who gave the Chiefs a semblance of a good offense. He makes terrible decisions all the time in every facet of the game. He would be the Chief's Josh McDaniels if he made personnel decisions, who also benefitted from having a HoF QB and a HoF wide receiver in 2007. There are actually many similarities between the two, including their penchant for being combative with their players. But at least McDaniels can coach up QB's. Haley's time in KC should be ending soon, but I really hope he sticks around for as long as he can and be given MORE power.

Calling their schedule last year "soft" is one of the understatements of the year. They literally had one of the softest schedules EVER. They played 3 winning teams least year. 3. And they lost 2 of those games.

Hang on here, before we all pile on Doomsday about the Chiefs. Lets get one thing clear, Jay Cutler will only be in the HOF if he goes to visit it, and Brandon Marshall has a good chance, but that guy messes up so much it is only a matter of time before he screws up.

Last year the Chiefs schedule was soft, but I think it is fair at this point to say the players are not necessarily the problem. It is so early in the year that I think it is unfair to start finger pointing and placing blame, but I guess if I was going to do that with the Chiefs it would be with Haley, and Haley only. Who has Pioli/Haley chased off. I would say in fact that Pioli has brought in some great players and built that team the way a team should be built, with guys up front first.

The blame you can place on Haley is the Matt Cassel decision, as I think, and always will think he is an overrated QB. HE NEVER STARTED A GAME IN COLLEGE. It still boggles my mind how he is in the NFL anyway. But my own douchebag former coach McDouche was in love with him as well. The next thing I would blame on Haley is the lack of discipline, and game plans for the first two games. We had the same problems with McDaniels last year and the first thing John Fox fixed was the discipline, and hold players accountable. Haley is not an X's and O's coach. McDaniels was, but Haley is a leader and needs smart people around him. When Weiss left that was the first sign of a problem.

Look, I hate the Chiefs more than just about anyone, Doomsday is a great fan, I lost a screen name bet to him and he gave me time to get through my cancer. If you are going to hate on his team fine, but hating on him for being a fan is crazy. He and I may not see eye to eye as far as our teams go, but he is a true fan.
9/21/11 4:59 PM
Waylay

303, Memory Blues was referring to the time in 2007 that McDaniels was OC of the Patriots, with Brady and Moss running around.  They are the HOF players he was referring to.
9/25/11 2:28 AM
Tebowkakke
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  303, Memory Blues was referring to the time in 2007 that McDaniels was OC of the Patriots, with Brady and Moss running around.  They are the HOF players he was referring to.

Haley was not the OC then, McDaniels was, that's why I was confused.
9/25/11 5:33 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebowkakke - 
memory blues - 

Hang on here, before we all pile on Doomsday about the Chiefs. Lets get one thing clear, Jay Cutler will only be in the HOF if he goes to visit it, and Brandon Marshall has a good chance, but that guy messes up so much it is only a matter of time before he screws up.

Last year the Chiefs schedule was soft, but I think it is fair at this point to say the players are not necessarily the problem. It is so early in the year that I think it is unfair to start finger pointing and placing blame, but I guess if I was going to do that with the Chiefs it would be with Haley, and Haley only. Who has Pioli/Haley chased off. I would say in fact that Pioli has brought in some great players and built that team the way a team should be built, with guys up front first.

The blame you can place on Haley is the Matt Cassel decision, as I think, and always will think he is an overrated QB. HE NEVER STARTED A GAME IN COLLEGE. It still boggles my mind how he is in the NFL anyway. But my own douchebag former coach McDouche was in love with him as well. The next thing I would blame on Haley is the lack of discipline, and game plans for the first two games. We had the same problems with McDaniels last year and the first thing John Fox fixed was the discipline, and hold players accountable. Haley is not an X's and O's coach. McDaniels was, but Haley is a leader and needs smart people around him. When Weiss left that was the first sign of a problem.

Look, I hate the Chiefs more than just about anyone, Doomsday is a great fan, I lost a screen name bet to him and he gave me time to get through my cancer. If you are going to hate on his team fine, but hating on him for being a fan is crazy. He and I may not see eye to eye as far as our teams go, but he is a true fan.

As I said as clearly as I thought I could, McDaniel's was the OC with Tom Brady and Randy Moss in 2007. Haley was the OC of the Cardinals when they had Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin in 2008, as I stated very clearly in the first sentence of my post. I'm sorry if you're not familiar with these players as they are not on the Denver Broncos.

Haley fired Chan Gailey right before the season began. Chan Gailey is now running one of the top offenses in the NFL with an Ivy League QB and scraps everywhere else. Hmm, I wonder if he could have helped. Charlie Weis comes in and the KC offense actually looks good (still against subpar competition). Rumblings come out that Haley and Weis don't see eye to eye, so what happens? Weis is gone. And how's KC offense looking now?

9/25/11 5:36 PM
memory blues

And where was I piling on Doomsday? I had an opinion and expressed it, I'm sorry if not agreeing with his insufferable homer-ism makes me a "hater". You two are like peas in a pod.
9/25/11 5:39 PM
memory blues

By the way, the Chiefs had 34 yards of offense in the first half of today's game. That's with 2 Rivers INT's. But I'll "leave Britney alone."
9/27/11 12:34 AM
SiftMyMind

memory blues - 

Haley fired Chan Gailey right before the season began. Chan Gailey is now running one of the top offenses in the NFL with an Ivy League QB and scraps everywhere else. Hmm, I wonder if he could have helped. Charlie Weis comes in and the KC offense actually looks good (still against subpar competition). Rumblings come out that Haley and Weis don't see eye to eye, so what happens? Weis is gone. And how's KC offense looking now?

Strongly agree with this post.

9/28/11 2:37 AM
Tebowkakke

I was not saying you particularly were the only one piling on him. The guy, and rightfully so had high expectations for the season and it apparent what I was saying last year, the Chiefs are overrated.

Your sarcasm is definitely noticed as I am well aware of Randy Moss, Brady,Boldin, Fitz and Warner are.

He made a thread about the Chiefs prediction and everything has exploded in KC, and it is pretty obvious as to why. Just as things in Denver are pretty clear as well as to why we suck this season.

The Chan Gaily argument is a great point. As I mentioned Haley's problem is largely Haley himself. To his credit he went out and surrounded himself with very good coaches in Romeo, Weiss, Gaily, etc. The Chiefs have a good year, Weiss leaves, and Haley thinks he can do it himself and is being shown he can't. The situation is so similar to McDouche it is scary. Denver came out 6-0, with a defense under Mike Nolan that very good. Cockiness on McDaniels part ensues and he lets Nolan walk. Our defense has sucked since. He also took away the thing Denver was always good at and that was running the ball. He did this by not even attempting to keep Rick Dennison who was the offensive line/offensive coordinator for a while under Shanahan. Simply put I agree with you and think that coaches getting big egos has killed both Denver and KC.
9/29/11 7:51 AM
Slydawg

Norv Turner is worse! Only becasue he does just enough to keep his job. If he would fuk up just a little bit more the chargers would maybe can him. But then again AJ would just hire another guy who can't get the job done. The chargers ownership has been their demise.

I think the Raiders have a shot at winning the division. Or else the bolts but no chance for KC or Denver.

9/30/11 3:05 AM
Tebowkakke

The Raiders will be in it because they have great offensive and defensive lines.

The Chargers will win the division again.
9/30/11 7:14 AM
Slydawg

The Raiders are going to need McFadden for the whole season. I don't think they will as many games without him.
10/25/11 2:44 PM
Doomsday

Chiefs play the Chargers for the division lead on Monday night. How about them apples? Oh, its at Arrowhead. Last time Rivers played there he cried, pouted, kicked, mumbled and grumbled his way to a loss.
11/1/11 5:00 AM
Doomsday

Phyllis Cried me a Rivers tonight! Chiefs 4 wins in a row and the lead in the AFC West!! WHOOOO! Chiefs done? Chiefs Will!
11/1/11 4:26 PM
Waylay

They must have shown 10+ replays of that muffed snap by Rivers. I still can't believe it.  I thought Flowers and Hall were amazing last night. They are playing at an all-pro level.
11/6/11 9:25 PM
Tebowkakke

The Dolphins put 31 points on the Chiefs today, what the hell happened. If Denver is 1 game out of 1st place in this division we all suck.
11/7/11 7:16 PM
Doomsday

Guys were just lagging. It was wierd. No turnovers, either..I could understand if we coughed it up a few times. Nope. I knew the Dolphins were better than their record, but damn.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.