UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha hoping for a war, to show the value of WMMA

7/29/11 6:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Four months after the acquisition of Strikeforce, an uncertain future awaits the women who fight for the promotion, to say nothing of the promotion itself. Miesha Tate and Marloes Coenen are left with the task of convincing Zuffa that women's MMA is a viable part of Strikeforce's future.

"I think especially since we've merged under the Zuffa umbrella that we're going to be getting a lot more eyes watching us," said Tate. "I think this is going to be a big mile marker in the evolution of women's MMA."

"We're going to have two talented, top 135-pound representatives, and I think Marloes and myself are going to put on a great fight. It's just important that we do so.

"I'm really motivated to be exciting, to be entertaining, and I'm hoping for a war so that we can really say that this is what women's MMA is all about. So it's definitely important."

UFC president Dana White has frequently said that there aren't enough talented female fighters to promote entire divisions. Tate and Coenen obviously disagree with that, but they can't really do anything other than do the job to the best of their abilities and hope to convince the UFC figurehead otherwise.

Read entire article...

7/29/11 6:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JeffersonDArcyChoke
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd take on Miesha Tate when she is bleeding. Phone Post
7/30/11 2:17 PM
Coolface_Awesomeson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

from behind?
7/30/11 2:18 PM
El Hijo Del Diablo
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I like WMMA I have to admit that they are not ready for the UFC. They recently took a poll on MMA Junkie with a percentage saying they would be LESS like likely to buy a PPV if there was womens bout on it. Those are numbers that will dissuade Dana even more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.