UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Another black eye to the mma community

7/30/11 5:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Furious
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to try to remain publically neutral about this and just share the information... I know I'm a little late, but even the the Central NC grappling and MMA scene might not even know the specifics. Concerning my not remaining neutral, the "plaintiff" is a gym-whore and I beleve was involved in a plot to bring anthony down in order to her richer, douchier, married lover could actually start an mma gym without the threat of being beaten fetal at any moment. Steve, I don't know why you turned or what you gained, but THAT piece of ass wasn't worth it... trust me.

MORGAN... you suck. No really, you just aren't a good striker, you can't wrestle, and your juijitsu is laughable.

WES wes wes, how high have you promoted yourself? Are you still hiding out at the beach, or do you feel safe enough to move back to Hickory? How did you ever get better while being to afraid to train with people who embarrass you with their actual knowledge.

I hope it as worth the crimes, the lies you told, and the piece of beat-in staph-crack ass you begged to lick. Man what some people won't do to be the best... I SAW the tape... she LET him tie her up. Pretty crazy kidnapping if you ask me... ahh catholic girls

Oh yeah, and she had herpes. She told me she might have given it to me and I just lauughed...

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/Default.asp?VA=25571

Jury convicts Huss of kidnapping in rape case
by: Jenna-Ley Harrison
(7/8/2011)

A Lincolnton man was found guilty on two separate felony charges from a sexual assault incident that occurred within county lines in 2007.

On July 1, Wayne Anthony Huss, 37, of the 2700 block of Goldrush Drive, was found guilty on charges of first-degree kidnapping and second-degree sexual offense according to the Lincoln County Clerk of Court’s Office.

He was also originally charged with second-degree rape in the incident. However, Lincoln County Superior Court Judge Beverly Beal arrested judgment on that particular charge.

According to Lincoln County Assistant District Attorney Micah Sanderson, a defendant in this type of case cannot be convicted of both the kidnap and rape.

“You can’t have the kidnap without the rape,” he said. “So you can’t convict him of both.”

Judicial law states that in order for a person to be convicted of first- or second-degree rape, there has to have been some sort of restraint of the victim during the incident, Sanderson noted.

In addition, he said the suspect has to have committed a felony during the restraint.

“If the felony committed is rape, the suspect cannot be sentenced on both charges,” Sanderson said.

According to testimony given in court, the 25-year-old victim had gone to Huss’ home to end their five-week-long dating relationship.

However, at the residence, Huss used a karate belt to bind her hands behind her back and proceeded to remove her clothing and sexually assault her, according to Sheriff’s Office authorities.

“She was trying to break-off the relationship,” Sanderson said. “He was persistent.”

A previous Sheriff’s Office news release said the victim was “held against her will for several hours” before Huss released her from the residence.

The incident occurred on May 9, 2007, and the suspect was originally jailed in the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $60,000 secured bond.

Huss is scheduled to serve two consecutive terms of 71 to 95 months for each conviction
7/30/11 5:57 PM
Snu'dByMur
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I have a feeling that something is about to explode.
7/30/11 6:01 PM
Str4nger D4nger
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm sensing you're upset about something. Phone Post
7/30/11 6:01 PM
TheHouse
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it bad to ask for more details into this whole thing? Not the rape/assault but all the people involved.
7/30/11 6:07 PM
CapnsavemIsDead
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

break down the story from your pov, OP. you posted like we all know wtf you're whining about. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:37 PM
jar of flies
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There has been an update on this

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/local/court-rules-woman-not-physically-helpless-in-sex-case-1.53959

A state appeals court has overturned kidnapping and sexual offense convictions against a Lincoln County man.

The decision filed this week by the N.C. Court of Appeals does not automatically set Wayne Anthony Huss free, but does offer him another trial.

Huss was sentenced to a minimum of 11 years in prison on July 1, 2011.

Lincoln County Sheriff's Office investigators arrested Huss Aug. 1, 2007, after a woman told officers that Huss forcibly had sex with her.

According to the Court of Appeals decision, the woman previously dated Huss. She told investigators that she met up with Huss at his house and that he bound her hands with a martial arts belt and forced himself on her.

A few days passed before the woman reported the incident, according to court documents.

Huss told investigators that the interaction was mutual and that bondage was a typical part of their relationship.

http://freeanthonyhuss.com/
1/28/13 2:46 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still trying to figure out how that's a black eye for mma...

Or why we should care other than some dude may or may not have gone to prison for something he didn't do.

That shit happens everyday. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:53 PM
jar of flies
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 3:08 PM
For the NC MMA community, it's a big loss.

Anthony Huss was a very skilled coach(10 years of training in Japan with Enson, Hayato Sakurai and lots of other guys) in an area that has very little training to offer. He held frequent grappling tournaments and was pushing for MMA to be legalized here long before it was.

As for the details on the case, I don't know much but looks like Jack has plenty of details. I stopped training with Anthony a year or so before this happened.

(Anthony is back row on the far left.. also in the pic, Kawajiri, Kikuta, Sakurai)
1/28/13 3:14 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm Phone Post
1/28/13 3:51 PM
SonnendbySilva
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So who's got herpes? Phone Post
1/28/13 6:05 PM
FightToLive
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Public Stonning!
1/28/13 10:14 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem

Phone Post
1/28/13 10:31 PM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

confused...

1/28/13 10:58 PM
USMC Blackhearts
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew Anthony back in 95-96 when I was stationed in Japan in the Corps and he was in the navy.  We trained together several times.  At the time I wasn't fluent in Japanese and he was.  He was an extremely nice/ friendly guy and very talented.  He was very popular with the ladies and smooth as silk in his overall demeaner.  Everybody liked him.  He got me involved with a few events that I wouldn't have found without his help.  I hope he didn't do this thing he's been accused of, if I had to guess I'd certainly think he isn't the type that would.  I wish him well.

3/2/13 9:27 PM
Jack Furious
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow, old thread shows emotional state of mind.

anthony and i had been friends and trained together for a long time, he had been in a rut financially, trying to start a gym in an part of the state where there weren't very many legit guys to train with, and he just put himself out their far enough to be fucked over. I don't know for sure if it was a conspiracy, but the chick, Maria, was a passaround and ant caught feelings, but i don't know her motives. maybe embarassment over finding out he was showing people the tape, or if it was plot. i'd have to see what some people are in to now...

jof: pm me, we have to know each other
4/4/13 11:15 PM
sadic1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew and have never been close with Huss, but even when I first heard about the conviction, it sounded really fishy (not to mention he got a LOT of time for the conviction compared to what others seem to get for even worse crimes), so I feel bad for the guy and hope his winning an overturn of his conviction results in his gaining his rightful freedom asap. While it's true that if you sleep with dogs, you will get fleas, it goes without saying that he didn't deserve what this girl seems to have done to him.
4/4/13 11:37 PM
jessethekid
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/4/13 11:40 PM
mofomike
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in early.

4/5/13 12:13 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jessethekid - In Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:34 AM
Jack Furious

Court of Appeals overturns two of Huss' convictions

JENNA-LEY HARRISON

Staff Writer

A Lincoln County man sentenced last year to more than a decade behind bars for kidnapping and raping an ex-girlfriend in 2007 is one step closer to freedom after the North Carolina Court of Appeals overturned two of his convictions last month and is now waiting for the N.C. Supreme Court to decide whether it will review the case.

Five years ago, Lincoln County Sheriff's deputies charged Wayne Anthony Huss, 38, of Goldrush Drive in Lincolnton, with first-degree kidnapping, second-degree sexual offense and second-degree rape of a woman, whom he met one year earlier in one of his martial arts classes at a local YMCA, according to court documents from the N.C. Court of Appeals.

Huss used a karate belt to bind the 25-year-old woman's hands before removing her clothing and sexually assaulting her at his residence four months after they met, according to law enforcement sources quoted in a previous Times-News article.

The woman had gone to Huss's residence to break up with him after dating for a brief period of time between January and May 2007, court documents said. Each party disputed the relationship's exact length of time, Huss claiming the two dated a little more than three months, and the woman stating she dated Huss no more than four weeks, documents said.

In July 2011, a Lincoln County jury convicted Huss of all three felony counts. However, a judge arrested judgment on the rape charge, not unusual for a case of this nature, according to Lincoln County Asst. District Attorney and lead prosecutor Micah Sanderson.

He told the Times-News a defendant cannot be simultaneously convicted of rape and kidnapping.

"When you get the kidnapping conviction and the felony conviction for the rape as well, you have to arrest judgment on the rape," he said. "The element of the kidnapping was for the commission of a felony. The felony within the kidnapping was the rape."

Huss filed a Written Notice of Appeal roughly a week after he was sentenced, court documents said. According to the criminal appeals process listed on the N.C. Department of Justice website, a defendant can either orally appeal a conviction in court or in writing within two weeks of one's sentencing.

The appellate court overturned Huss's convictions because they disagreed with the state's argument that the woman was physically helpless in the incident.

Sanderson called the debate over the definition of "physically helpless" a "big discrepancy with the Court of Appeals."

Huss said in court documents the pair used bondage multiple times throughout their relationship; the victim denied such sexual behavior.

Following the appellate court's decision, the N.C. Attorney General's Office requested the N.C. Supreme Court review the case. Sanderson said the Court may take several months to determine a course of action, and if justices choose not to review the case, the appellate court's decision will remain, resulting in Huss's eventual release from prison.

Currently, Huss remains behind bars at Alexander Correctional Institute in Taylorsville.

He was sentenced to two consecutive terms of 71 to 95 months.

The Court of Appeals requested Huss stay in prison and its decision not be put into effect until the Supreme Court looks over the case, Sanderson said.

Such a practice is common in the judicial system.

"It's extremely rare to actually let a person out of prison during this time," he said.

Because of the appellate court's decision to keep Huss in prison for the time being, the woman in the case is more at ease, Sanderson said.

"She was not pleased of the appeals court's decision and is fearful of him," Sanderson said. "She was concerned ... mostly about whether he would be released."

Huss's mother, Mary Huss, told the Times-News she was shocked to hear her son's "accuser" was apprehensive about his possible release.

"Wow," she said.

Mary Huss pointed out how the woman never acted fearful of him, and even lived in the same town and worked alongside him at a Hickory gym, during the four years he was out on bond.

While Asst. Appellate Defender Daniel Shatz, of the Office of the Appellate Defender in Durham, is confident the appellate court made the correct decision, Sanderson said he and the woman think otherwise.

"I hope the Supreme Court will reverse that decision," he said. "She (the woman) doesn't want to have to go through a trial again."

Shatz declined to give further details on the case.

"Because the case is still ongoing, I cannot comment further," he said.

Since her son's conviction, Mary Huss has established a support website, freeanthonyhuss.com.

In addition, friends and family of Huss organized a Justice March earlier this year in Gaston County to raise awareness about his situation. The group attempted a similar march in Lincoln County in September, but at the last minute, cancelled the event.
8/18/13 1:38 AM
Jack Furious

maria was/is a slut

morgan, fraud

steve, wash yo feet

wes, full of shit

ant could have raped the DA, she wasnt forced into getting tied up. anyway, jar of flies, dis sean yo.

hit me up!
8/20/13 3:09 AM
USMC Blackhearts
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck to Anthony!  Just made a donation to the cause.

11/30/13 7:01 PM
jar of flies

Good news for Anthony.

Update on Anthony's case: The Supreme Court reviewed his case and the decision was tied 3 to 3. The 7th judge recused herself (she was on the original appeals court panel) so there wouldn't be a conflict of interest. However, since the Supreme Court was tied in their decision - the ruling now defaults back to the appeals court's decision - which was an unanimous ruling dismissing all of his charges. The Supreme Court's decision will not be mandated until 12/2/13, but hopefully there will not be any hold ups or delays in the state of NC upholding the decision to let him go free!
5/7/14 12:42 PM
sadic1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any news on this?
5/7/14 1:18 PM
jar of flies

Anthony has been out for a few months now

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.