UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Gyms in Las Vegas?

8/3/11 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FightMeI'mIrish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an Amateur MMA fighter with 13 fights.

My Jiu-Jitsu is solid, but my Hands are TERRIBLE.

I've been training at an MMA gym, but I'm not learning shit, everybody just beats each other up.

Does anybody know a good place in Las Vegas to work on my standup?

Thanks

Jared
*cross-posted in kickboxing sub-forum*
8/4/11 5:18 PM
Chappie
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/11 5:19 PM
Contact either Barry's Boxing or get in communication with Skipper Kelp at J-Sect, either place should be able to help you out greatly. Barry Boxing is packed with some of the best amatuer boxers in the nation and Skipper Kelp is an ex-amatuer national champion and top ten pro who is co-owner of perhaps the first mma super gym in the nation. Skip has worked with Chuck Liddell, Gilbert Ivel, Ray Sefo, Wanderlie Silva, Tito Ortiz,Marvin Eastman, and a host of other top guys in the past. Also, Jeff Mayweather offers fairly cheap training options as well.
8/5/11 12:54 PM
FightMeI'mIrish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome!

Thanks for the info.
8/5/11 8:20 PM
Chappie
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem, good luck.
8/6/11 3:01 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My advice, learn to box like you have never fought before. Going into a gym saying you are a fighter and getting the fuck beat out of you by good boxers is not the best way. Learn to box, spar guys not as good as you most of the time, spar guys better than you some of the time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.