UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mr. Dana White gets the last laugh

8/4/11 3:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has he tweeted a happy face or had any other reaction to the release of Fedor? 
8/4/11 3:25 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too busy stroking the huge white cat sitting on the arm of his easy chair.
8/4/11 3:37 PM
whiteghost
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler -  Has he tweeted a happy face or had any other reaction to the release of Fedor? 

The Fedor/UFC saga isn't over. Dana doesn't have the final say, LF and FF do. And speaking of laughing, didn't Fedor go home to his new baby daughter at least $1.2M richer courtesy of the co-promoted Zuffa/SF/M1 show we all watched on Saturday?

8/4/11 3:44 PM
xcouturefan

MonsterBalls - 

The fans get the last laugh reading the book Dana's mom wrote.

so true
8/4/11 3:47 PM
AlexanderTheGreatJJ

MonsterBalls - The fans get the last laugh reading the book Dana's mom wrote.
U are very brave saying something like that on this forum.... Phone Post
8/4/11 3:47 PM
Freeman Dyson

MonsterBalls - The fans get the last laugh reading the book Dana's mom wrote.

Ya, I'm sure that book will sell well and ruin Dana's career.
8/4/11 3:48 PM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC is no longer surging and they are scrambling to keep the buyrates and ratings up. I dont think he should be laughing at anyone.

When his intolerable tactics wear thin and the product sinks, guys like Fedor will be in the position to laugh at him, but probably wont, because he actually has class.

MMA has pretty much stopped being fun to be a fan of. Its all political bullshit like Dana Shite promised he was against years ago. Dana "Don King" White.
8/4/11 3:50 PM
xcouturefan

brahmabull81 - 

MMA has pretty much stopped being fun to be a fan of. Its all political bullshit like Dana Shite promised he was against years ago. Dana "Don King" White.

^^^^ 100 percent correct

I remember when Zuffa bought the UFC. Dana has gone against everything he said.
8/4/11 3:51 PM
caliphornia

whiteghost -
SinCityHustler -  Has he tweeted a happy face or had any other reaction to the release of Fedor? 

The Fedor/UFC saga isn't over. Dana doesn't have the final say, LF and FF do. And speaking of laughing, didn't Fedor go home to his new baby daughter at least $1.2M richer courtesy of the co-promoted Zuffa/SF/M1 show we all watched on Saturday?

It's over. Phone Post
8/4/11 3:52 PM
SinCityHustler

Fedor richer by a million dollars or not, he went home a beaten and battered man for the 3rd time in a row and was unceremoniously bumped out of the only promotion paying him any real money.  While that may sadden many of his fans, Mr. Dana White has got to be ecstatic about it.  I personally would love to see Fedor in the UFC, but I think Dana will keep him out and force him to retire or go on the irrelevant tour, smashing cans for minimum wage.  
8/4/11 4:02 PM
Master Tang

Douche - How the fuck is that water laughing when Fedor has made a $1 million plus for fighting in the US over the past 3 years?

Get Dana's cock outcho mouf!

Fedor made a million JUST for the Hendo fight... Strikeforce took a bath on the whole event.
8/4/11 4:03 PM
shartkuri

Another "Mr. Dana" thread SCH ?
Really ?

8/4/11 4:19 PM
shartkuri

I don't know how it was on TV, but the crowd in Hoffman was 95% American, and was louder for Fedor than for Hendo, even after 2 losses and years of bashing by the most influential man in mma.
That speaks volumes.
I'm glad to see there are a still so many longtime NHB/MMA fans they hold their ground regarding "Mr. Fedor Emelianenko's" clear run as the greatest mixed martial artist of all time, which by the way is a title that in combat sports should  rightfully be given to HW's, considering the wide range of opponents they must face, opposed to narrow weight classes.
8/4/11 4:33 PM
TeamRenzo

Dana is sitting on top of a mountain of money that is only going to get bigger, i'd say he gets the last laugh.
8/4/11 4:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11 years of dominance, he's still the fucking man..Dana is just bitter he couldn't get Fedor to bend over to his bullshit contract
8/4/11 4:40 PM
xcouturefan

TeamRenzo - 

Dana is sitting on top of a mountain of money that is only going to get bigger, i'd say he gets the last laugh.

Sad that you think money = happiness
8/4/11 4:44 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to disagree. Fedor is a legend and a true champion in every sense of the word. I can't think of a great champ that didn't go out on his shield...

Dana is a promoter... 'nuff said.
8/5/11 1:13 AM
SinCityHustler

Master Tang - 
Douche - How the fuck is that water laughing when Fedor has made a $1 million plus for fighting in the US over the past 3 years?

Get Dana's cock outcho mouf!

Fedor made a million JUST for the Hendo fight... Strikeforce took a bath on the whole event.

You're only looking at the small picture.  Strike Force taking a bath on the whole thing was by design.  The big picture is that the UFC gets to kill Strike Force and Lorenzo and Dana got to see Fedor destroyed once again.  This time in their own promotion.  Look at the big picture and you'll see that parting with a few hundred thousand dollars is a steel for such a reward.  
8/5/11 1:32 AM
MMALOGIC

Fedor rightfully earned the HW crown but then didnt properly defend it for years... he robbed the fans of properly defending his crown and instead held it hostage.

He has every right to do what he thought was best for him but then the fans every every right to bitch about it.

He's an exciting fighter... one of the most. But the top contender after the OWGP was crocop - we wanted to see the rematch with crocop coming off a tear... instead he fought mark hunt the first round loser - and then fought Matt Lindland.

Randy beats Gonzaga and a new clear top contender emerges and instead he fights hong man choi.

Brock beats Randy and then beats Mir and a new top contender emerges and instead he fights Brett Fucking rogers.

He held the title hostage. Imagine if Big Nog decided he didnt want to fight Fedor. Fedor wouldnt provide the most worthy contender the same opportuntiy that big Nog offered him.

How is that respectable?
8/5/11 2:05 AM
MMALOGIC

NarlyPersianDude -

you should be banned from this forum for your fighter bashing, this was actually one of your more polite posts, that's how sleazy you are. Fedor fought the very best and if it was up to him, he would have had even more top fights. He might have had a few easy fights, but he had more than enough top fights to make up for it. He actually signed up to fight Cro Cop a 2nd time, but Cro Cop declined, then signed with the ufc soon after. He also tried to fight Barnett on the same card he was trying to fight Mirko, and Barnett would not take the fight, saying he had too many that year, which was true, but then Barnett takes a fight on the same card against BigNog in a rematch, making Fedor fight Mark Hunt, who was ranked top 10 then and doing well, and Dana himself was quoted saying Mark Hunt is a legitamate opponent.

We saw you loud and clear you know it truly

Let's say it's true that crocop declined... how do you know that Fedor would have accepted the fight? He dodged him for over a year before taking the first fight.

Fedor wouldnt even fight overeem - the very champ of the organization he signed with... overeem is at best a fringe top 10 guy. He ducks these guys but he wouldnt duck UFC guys or other top guys right?

Come on. He's was a protected fighter who over and over didnt have enough courtesy to offer the top contender in his division a shot like big Nog offered him.

And what happened as a result? Karma.

He ducked the UFC HW division only to have a 2-2 UFC castoff choke him out in 60 seconds, then gotten beaten to a pulp by a guy who lost to said UFC castoff, and then knocked the fuck out by a 40 year old MW who went 0-2 in UFC title fights.

So instead of going out on his shield and losing like a Man to UFC's best and to the most worthy contender in his division he gets his ass kicked by the second string players.

that's karma mutherfucker. learn it.
8/5/11 3:46 AM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo -

Y'all are some callous little nut-huggers, aren't y'all? I don't know about y'all but if my mom published a book like that about me, all the money in the world wouldn't fix the void that was left after the woman that birthed me ripped my soul out and shat on it. Phone Post
8/5/11 4:32 AM
MikeHunt36
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is laughing straight to the bank Phone Post
8/5/11 6:32 AM
Vasechkin

It seems there are way too many people here who like the theatrics of pro wrestling.

Fedor lost his aura after 3 losses, and can not even be put in UFC Midcard, let alone main event.

They really have no choice but let him go.

There is no Reason for Dana to be happy about Fedor's loss.

So Dana was saying that Fedor is not as good as everyone think he is.

He was right.
8/5/11 8:12 AM
tenchu
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler -  Fedor richer by a million dollars or not, he went home a beaten and battered man for the 3rd time in a row and was unceremoniously bumped out of the only promotion paying him any real money.  While that may sadden many of his fans, Mr. Dana White has got to be ecstatic about it.  I personally would love to see Fedor in the UFC, but I think Dana will keep him out and force him to retire or go on the irrelevant tour, smashing cans for minimum wage.  

He's rich, but legacy ruined.
8/5/11 8:30 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty revisionist thinking to say that Fedors legacy is ruined.  To date no matter how you put it he is one of the top 3 best fighters of all time.  I dont care if he loses 5 more fights in a row, doesnt change the fact that in his prime he was the best the sport has seen.

I honestly dont think Dana has anything against Fedor himself.  Not sure how you could.  I think his issue has always been with M1.  If Fedor broke up with M1, I bet Dana would build Fedor back up.   

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.