UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort wants title shot, Dana says chew on loss

8/7/11 7:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I just trained so hard," said Vitor Belfort, whose violent assault last night at UFC 133 left Yoshihiro Akiyama face first on the canvas at the 1:52 mark of the opening round. "The last fight with me and Anderson, if he wouldn't have thrown that kick, this would have happened to him."

"He knows that in his mind. So I'm ready for what's next."

"I'm going for the belt. That's my goal, and that's my future. I'm not going to stop. Nobody's going to stop me."

That's not entirely true. Dana White ultimately decides who gets title fights, and he doesn't see any need for Belfort to get another shot so quickly. Besides the likely No. 1 contender's bout between Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann in October, White just isn't sure Belfort's first appearance warrants another shot so soon.

"It's tough to do," he said. "If they went out and had this war, back and forth – if it were like the Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva fight – that'd be one thing. But it lasted what, 35 seconds? It's something Vitor is going to have to chew on for a while."

"Vitor handled his business quickly. Lorenzo and I were sitting there. I don't know if you guys noticed, but when (Akiyama) threw that front kick, Vitor went ape s---. He went crazy when he did that. So he went and finished that fight. Yeah, that pissed him off."

"Vitor's going to have to beat some people at 185 and then work his way back up to that title shot because it'd be hard to make that title fight after what happened."

Read entire article...

8/7/11 7:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor is still a mental midget.
8/7/11 7:42 AM
the incredible hogan

Edited: 08/07/11 7:42 AM
I like Vitor and hope he does get another shot, but who didn't think he was going to beat Akiyama? I want him v Stann or Bisping.
8/7/11 8:43 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chael makes sense next
8/7/11 8:44 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So according to Vitor, Anderson would have won if he didn't?

Derp - have fun getting blasted again.
8/7/11 8:44 AM
Jons Forsberg

the incredible hogan - I like Vitor and hope he does get another shot, but who didn't think he was going to beat Akiyama? I want him v Stann or Bisping.

he would destroy either of those guys. Put him against a wrestler and let's find out if he's learned how to deal with pressure.
8/7/11 8:59 AM
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Vs. Vitor
8/7/11 9:03 AM
Idsmashit

Leben
8/7/11 9:12 AM
bigSurf6661
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leben is correct. Wait! What's Munoz up to? Phone Post
8/7/11 9:23 AM
Bry Bry

^^i agree, he was demolished by Anderson and then he did his typical blitz against a b fighter in Akiyama...very hard to give Vitor another title shot right off the bat...give Belfort a guy like SOnnen and lets see what happens..i want to see someone pressure Belfort and see how he does..
8/7/11 9:24 AM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyBGood- watch it again. Vitor did go a bit ballistic on Akiyama after that front kick Akiyama threw. Vitor vs Sonnen for number one contender. Phone Post
8/7/11 9:27 AM
cycklops
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everything Dana said makes sense, no? It wasn't like the Silva/Belfort fight was a real barn burner. It was over FAST. And there was a change in Belfort after Akiyama threw that front kick.
8/7/11 9:30 AM
FerrozzoFan

Edited: 08/07/11 9:30 AM
Belfort is on of my favs, and i'd love for a rematch with silva. but he needs a win against a top 5 guy . dana is correct here. give him winner of Mayhem/bisbing or the winner of Chael/stann. then a title shot
8/7/11 10:01 AM
epwar
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Sonnen vs. Stann being a possible no. 1 contender's match.  They really want Chael back in there fighting for the title soon I guess.
8/7/11 10:02 AM
triso07
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestBuiltAMountain -  So what's he's saying is that if he didn't get layed out by Anderson, he would have layed Anderson out?

Cool story - now just work on not getting knocked the fuck out.

Not the brightest guy, it would seem.<br type="_moz" />

Yeah that's what he believes. What do you expect him to say, "I'll never beat Anderson, don't put me anywhere near a title shot"?

Also, it's a very real possibility that it could have happened and can still happen if they fight again.

8/7/11 10:11 AM
WillD
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how everyone was beating Anderson Silva until they didn't.
8/7/11 10:13 AM
jake11

K-Dub-"T" -  Vitor is still a mental midget.

funny when "fighters" shit on other fighters
8/7/11 10:20 AM
eljamaiquino

Vitor is the same guy that said that that He wasn't out when Anderson laid him stiff. He actually said it was a premature stoppage. LOL. These guys' delusions have no bounds. Just like Marquardt who insisted that being curled up in the fetal position meant that he was defending properly.

These guys just can't accept that Anderson laid them out. If you can't accept the loss, how can you really become a better fighter? After Anderson's sub losses, he worked on his BJJ game. Vitor is using his ego to cover his defeat. Work your way back up homey. You got at least 2 more fights before a rematch.
8/7/11 10:22 AM
Poindexter
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson made him look like a clown. The whole "if he didn't land that kick" argument is gibberish.
8/7/11 10:25 AM
jjj2121

He got knocked cold inside of a round.  The idea that he's anywhere near title contention again is ridiculous to think.  He got sent to the back of the contendership line and he didn't even earn his first shot.
8/7/11 10:28 AM
Poindexter
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/7/11 10:43 AM
Fyuk Yu

Vitor vs Leben all day!!! Make it happen
8/7/11 10:49 AM
jjj2121

Nate C - 
jjj2121 -  He got knocked cold inside of a round.  The idea that he's anywhere near title contention again is ridiculous to think.  He got sent to the back of the contendership line and he didn't even earn his first shot.

It's not like he whooped his ass then finished him off within a round.

I think people don't want this rematch because they know the chances of Anderson pulling off something similar are slim.
Vitor got a title shot, had next to no offense, and got KO'D DEAD IN THE FIRST ROUND.  Back of the line.

8/7/11 11:09 AM
shadowsfall

Sucks there is no real contender for him to fight right now. Bisping is tied up, Chael is tied up, Stann is tied up, LEben is tied up, Munoz is tied up. He may have to fight the loser of Silva VS okami instead of the winner
8/7/11 11:43 AM
tubuku01
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WillD - I love how everyone was beating Anderson Silva until they didn't.

lol quoted for truth.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.