UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> The Training Mask?

8/7/11 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JDevil09
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone here use this? Does it make a difference?
8/8/11 4:12 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no. no.
8/8/11 6:52 PM
BshMstr
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't understand how it's supposed to increase RBC....i understand how altitude does, but you have to remain at altitude for more than just training, correct?
8/25/11 5:37 AM
Traditionalist

BshMstr - i don't understand how it's supposed to increase RBC....i understand how altitude does, but you have to remain at altitude for more than just training, correct?

Yes. You need to use it a lot longer (Or have it on) than a normal work out. The science behind it works, but the threshold at which it makes a difference is more in the range of 10 - 12 hours on. You cant sleep in it (Or they do not advise you to, I actually emailed them and asked) so the science behind it does not matter if you do not have it on long enough to make a difference.
8/25/11 5:16 PM
SidRival
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure about the increased RBC but simple logic says that if your lungs are muscles, creating pulminary resistence will force them to work harder (think bowflex for your lungs) thus creating stamina and making them stronger. More red blood cells or not, stronger lungs can't hurt. I'm actually moving to Hawaii in a couple weeks so i'll be literally at sea level. going to pick up one of the masks before i move. will post a full review in a few months.
8/26/11 4:34 PM
SidRival
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDevil09 - Does anyone here use this? Does it make a difference?

just ordered mine. Title MMA is having a 20% off sale through sunday with the promo code JUNKIE.
8/27/11 11:39 AM
PTSandman

I got one and used it a few times. Definitely makes you breathe harder during the workout. Not sure about long term effects. Seems like you would have to constantly use it to see a performance increase.
8/27/11 7:17 PM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I assume the training mask doesn't decrease the oxygen level of the air you are breathing. In other words, it is useless and potentially dangerous.

8/27/11 10:00 PM
BshMstr
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i doubt the merits of training the lungs in that manner, but will certainly eat my words if it works....

look forward to your review.
8/29/11 5:52 AM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The training mask will slightly suffocate you, not decrease the amount of oxygen in the air you breathe.
9/6/11 2:44 PM
bigbubbano

yea i know some one who selpt with it on,don't do that.he couldn't move when he woke up
9/6/11 6:38 PM
SidRival

BshMstr - i doubt the merits of training the lungs in that manner, but will certainly eat my words if it works....

look forward to your review.

got the mask in last week, but didn't get a chance to try it out til over the weekend.

pretty brutal, yet sadisticly enjoyable..

Taking air in isn't such a chore as clearing the co2 that quickly builds up as you start sucking wind. my assumtion is that this is where the "elevation simulation" happens. more co2 with less oxygen. makes sense.. any rate, i've only used it the once over the weekend so i'm gonna give it another week or 2 and then i'll post a full review.
9/8/11 11:56 AM
mikepok

If you're looking to buy one, check out this limited time deal where you get a free gift pack with purchase of the mask. A pretty good deal considering you get a free beanie, bag, lanyard and Fight Fuel supplements with it.

http://mmageardeals.com/mma-deal-free-gift-pack-with-purchase-of-elevation-training-mask/
mikepok

If you're looking to buy one, check out this limited time deal where you get a free gift pack with purchase of the mask. A pretty good deal considering you get a free beanie, bag, lanyard and Fight Fuel supplements with it.

http://mmageardeals.com/mma-deal-free-gift-pack-with-purchase-of-elevation-training-mask/
mikepok

9/8/11 11:58 AM
mikepok

Sorry, computer froze for a second. Accidentally hit the submit button three times. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.