UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Moving to Peru...ask me anything!

8/8/11 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm moving to Northern Peru in October for 6 months, maybe longer. I'll be mostly in Lobitos for some volunteer work through W.A.V.E.S., and will also be hitting up the rest of the north coast for some surf and connections.
8/10/11 7:07 PM
LurkDiggler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your living expenses?
8/12/11 12:16 PM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can live off of $1100 a month in San Diego.

I don't have a car, and I cook all my own food. I will be dropping my phone carrier ($80 a month) but will be picking up some International health Ins. (hit me up if u got a good one)
Also, dropping internet/cable, $90 a month.

I'm hoping to get down to at least $700 a month in Peru;
hostels + busses + food.
8/21/11 2:12 PM
TheBeebs

Haha, will do. Phone Post
9/27/11 12:23 PM
anonymousone
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think that in Peru you could live the same life style or better for about 40% of what you spend in San Diego
9/29/11 9:25 PM
TheBeebs

that's my goal, If I can get down to under $500 including transportation that would be ideal.
Gotta save up for that next plane ticket :)
10/13/11 12:11 PM
TheBeebs

Ok, so I made it. I'm up in Mancora till Sunday probably. Anybody know where I can watch a fight lol. Phone Post
8/29/12 4:40 AM
Todd Lally
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck I was in Peru and it is Expensive! Girls will cross the street if you have blue eyes!

Watch yourself and do not leave your drink alone! IF you go to the bars keep your drink with you all the time. They will slip something into it.

Good luck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.