UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Akiyama suspended for possible head injuries

8/8/11 5:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Tito Ortiz: Suspended 45 days (precautionary reasons)

Yoshihiro Akiyama: Suspended 60 days (possible head injuries); must undergo neurological exam

Dennis Hallman: Suspended 45 days (precautionary reasons) 

Mike Pyle: Suspended 45 days (precautionary reasons)

Matt Hamill: Suspended 45 days (precautionary reasons)

Rafael Natal: Suspended indefinitely (right hand injury); must be cleared by a physician

Paul Bradley: Suspended 30 days (left knee injury); must be cleared by a physician

8/8/11 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must have been the "phantom punch" to the top of his head that caused him to slip. More proof that this place is infested with complete idiots.
8/8/11 5:47 PM
ReeGee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So........how bout them uncalled unpunished punches to the back of the head
8/8/11 5:49 PM
RFS671

Attila - Must have been the "phantom punch" to the top of his head that caused him to slip. More proof that this place is infested with complete idiots.

I'm pretty sure we all realize that he had the crap beaten out of his head when Vitor punched him in the back of the head twice right before the ref pulled him off. Thus, the fact that there are possible head injuries doesn't necessarily prove that the initial "phantom punch" that people are complaining about wasn't in fact a "phantom punch."

Personally, I don't think the punch that knocked Akiyama down gave him any head injuries, since it was more of a grazing punch. It seemed to just mess with his equilibrium due to the location of the strike.
8/8/11 5:51 PM
Stackdoe
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd imagine these injuries are from the 2 punches to his brain stem...
8/8/11 5:52 PM
brahmabull81
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stackdoe - I'd imagine these injuries are from the 2 punches to his brain stem...

8/8/11 6:15 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everyone knows vitor doesn't hit that hard, especially if he lands a couple punches to the back of your head.
8/8/11 7:12 PM
Roidie McDouchebag

No shit.
8/8/11 7:50 PM
Mister Moonlight
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Head injury, huh. I guess that's what they're classifying comas as now.

Get better, sir. Phone Post
8/8/11 7:59 PM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did take some shots to the back of the head and got knocked out cold. No surprise he needs further suspension and a neurological exam. No news here.
8/8/11 8:24 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Well considering that the shots to the back of the head where the ones that knocked him out, I would imagine they where the ones that did the damage.
8/9/11 3:31 PM
Kevin bacon

fuck.
I'd rather get soccer kicked in the face than to get two ambolts in the back of the head like that. That's the kind of shit that could damage you for life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.