UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vadim: "For Fedor, this is just the beginning"

8/10/11 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: http://www.championat.com/boxing/article-92243.html

I translated this for the UG (its quite long). Unfortunately, I translated it once, tried to post it, and lost the post. So this is the 2nd time I am translating it. Hope you enjoy it.
Some outrageous answers by Vadim.

=============================================================

Q: The decision of Fedor to conitnue his career, did the majority of the decision belong to Fedor, or the pressure from contract obligations ?

Vadim: A little bit of everything. Of course, the decision is based on Fedor's personal wish to continue. The contract obligations were secondary here. If Fedor wanted to stop, no contract would stop him.  Fedor listened to the opinion of his friends, fighters and fans and made a decision. Emelianenko, at the moment is a very busy athlete, we talked to him and decided that we should not  exit in this manner. Fedor is healthy and full of strength, he is ready to fight. Fedor is 34 years old. This is the best peak for heavyweight fighters. Dan Henderson for instance fights at 41, and wins.  Emelianenko can fight for 5 more years at a high level, for him, this is just the beginning. He has no big injuries, and because of that,  it would be incorrect to stop now.

Q: What will be Fedor's return ? Is there a possibility that  Fedor fights in Russia ?

Vadim: Yes, we want to make a fight in Russia. We started working towards this. If all goes well, in the fall, we will organize a show in Moscow or in St. Petersburg, where Fedor's fight will be the main event.

Q: This fight will be organized by M-1 Global, without any other promotion ?

Vadim:  Absolutely right. We are organizing this fight with our own resources. Now, on the market, we have noone to work with. Strikeforce slowly but surely is dying, under the direction of their new owners, Zuffa. All the problems with firing fighter and changes and other things — this is all the work of Dana White.  He cannot close the company, but he can create all conditions for that to happen soon.  In my opinion, he is doing that well. We are determined to follow our own way, develop under our own direction. Showtime will be a partner. Americans are ready to support us and show Fedor's Russian fight.

Q: Who will be Fedor's opponent ?

Vadim: 
There are many possibilities. I personally want so that the opponent is one of the great fighters from Pride's best times. It would be good if it was an interesting and competitive fighter, like for instance, Kevin Randleman. At any rate, we will chose a competitive, respected around  the world fighter.

Q: American fans are probably interested to know, that after the 1-2 marquee fights for Fedor, he returns to USA and fights top fighters there ?

Vadim: We are also counting on this. I am hoping that after the fights in Russia, we will agree with the japanese for a fight on New Years' Eve in Japan. If all goes well, we will return to the USA in 2012. All these ideas are still in-progress, but ideally, that is the scheme that we would like to achieve.

Q: How are currently the contracts with Showtime ? Were they any changes or agreements ?

Vadim: With Showtime, we had agreed to show the fights in a 3+1 format. The contract could change if Fedor lost 2 in a row, which he did, and now the contract is stopped. This is a normal working process. Logically, Showtime will change some points in the contract. But our cooperation will not stop there. Showtime is interested to work with us, and we are interested to work with them. To confirm my words, Showtime will show Fedor's fight in Russia. This is a big and expensive project, which will take our cooperation to new heights.

Q: Fighting at home, according to many fans, is a big plus for Fedor, not only because he will have local fans, but also due to not having to undergo adaptation: no long flights, acclimatization, and all other negative factors...

Vadim: I absolutely agree. In fact, it is due to that that we took a decision to organize Fedor's next fight in Russia: he will need no time adaptation, there will no other pressure, and so his body will be fully in tact. Fedor needs to have 2 fights, so he can taste winning again and then return to the USA for a payback time. I am sure that Fedor can do that. He needs to start little by little and slowly increase the intensity.

Q: Do you think it is enough to just change where the fight is ? Or how about Fedor's training methods and format of preparation ? Don't you think big corrections are needed ?

Vadim: Big changes, nobody needs. It is needed that more time is spent in having greater variety during preparation: visit some famous fighting schools, do some sparring, exchange experience, and may be change your style a bit. Even Henderson offered Fedor help, so we have choices, but we need to realize this in practice. A fighter needs to develop, if he stops, thats it, his song is sung (i.e. he is done).  The same, we can say for his trainers. MMA develops fast and so it follows that all participants (aka coaches as well) must develop.

Q: Many experts are convinced: Emelianenko needs to change coaches. Even Fedor's brother, Alexander, said that about Fedor's current coaches: Vladimir Voronov and Alexander Michkov.

Vadim: I don't know, I have not raised this question. In reality, it is hard for me to say, because I am not a master of any sport, so I cannot evaluate the work of his coaches. I try not to interefere in their work. The only thing which I can suggest is, as a fan, not to get too in depth in details. But one thing is clear: something needs to be changed.

Q: Vadim, as a manager and a close friend of Fedor, don't you think that religion interferes with Fedor's preparation ?

Vadim: I don't think so. Thrust in God, on the opposite, gives him strenght, makes him more disciplined. I know Fedor and I can say that faith made him a better person. Fedor's problem is  a little different: he is a very proper person. For example, when Fedor follows religious fasts, during his fight preparation, his body does not get vital nutrients. To compensate, there are many legal supplements. But Fedor completely refuses to take any of this. As a result, what happens is that, when the fight starts, his body is not in its best shape, unlike for instance, say Henderson, with him, all is good, for the simple reason, that he takes afformentioned supplements.

Q: What are Fedor's plans in the near future ?

Vadim:
This month, Fedor will take a holiday. He needs to be with his family. His wife had a hard time giving birth. Now, thank God, all is good, daughter is born, and healthy too. In September, I think to take Fedor to Holland. I think that he needs a full training camp in Holland. There are good conditions there so that he can benefit and build the fundament for the future.
8/10/11 12:20 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's going to Milk that cow dry.
8/10/11 12:20 AM
ABE FROMAN
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO, did he just name Kevin Randleman as a good fight?!?!?!?!??!?!!?
8/10/11 12:21 AM
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Abe, yes :)
8/10/11 12:22 AM
J-Tee
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what Vadim really meant to say: "For me, it means I'll be gettin that bread"
8/10/11 12:24 AM
MTomlinson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for this translation

interesting points about dana creating an environment where strikeforce cant survive.

curious if showtime will play ball with the russians; i don't think so.

i could see them setting up randleman in moscow though
8/10/11 12:26 AM
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It could be just the beginning but not if Fedor doesn't start a hardcore strength and conditioning program and clean up his diet. He needs to be the tank he was 5 years ago. Right now, he's just a headhunter.
8/10/11 12:26 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vadim is going to bleed Fedor dry. Phone Post
8/10/11 12:32 AM
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't Randleman retire
8/10/11 12:35 AM
orcus

It can't possibly actually be Randleman.
8/10/11 12:36 AM
KissMisery

For $25,000.00 I'm sure he'll get "up" for it.

Whose next after Randleman?

Perhaps, Fujita. He and Fedor have some unfinished business after Fujita 'rocked' him in their first encounter.

Then perhaps Bob Sapp in a Super Fight!

Got to love, Fedor. What COULD have been.
8/10/11 12:39 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL "like for instance, Kevin Randleman"

That was awesome
8/10/11 12:45 AM
judom

Isn't it weird:

1. I don't interfere with Fedor's coaching staff
2. I will take Fedor to Holland do train.

hmmm.
8/10/11 12:46 AM
jetbluejesus
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he is really fighting Randleman next, I hope Kevin knocks him out. Phone Post
8/10/11 12:46 AM
orcus

1. Drag Kevin Randleman out of retirement to fight
  2. Fight some can in Japan on NYE
  3. ...?
  4. PROFIT

*eagerly awaits NarlyPersianDude's thread about how Fedor has turned the corner after he submits Randleman again*

8/10/11 12:50 AM
caliphornia

I can hear the promo now...

"FEDOR, the GREATEST fighter in the world! Fights Kevin Randleman! Now... Witness the greatest fight in MMA history as the Greatest fighter in the world takes on another..... Nobody!" Phone Post
8/10/11 12:50 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/10/11 12:52 AM
covh14514
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know they want Fedor to get a win under his belt but Keving Randleman? Talk about a no win situation.
Perturbation

He makes some valid points. It wouldn't be the first time someone has come back from 3 losses to extend their career.

Back in 2005, Vitor suffered 3 losses and everyone said he was done. Everyone said that he was old, slow, past his prime, etc...Now, he is ranked a top 5 middleweight again.

Not saying he will come back...I'm just saying that it has been done before.

MMALOGIC

lol...

This is the GOAT right? The absolute stupidity of Fedor fans.

Take a gander you dumb fucks... this has been his entire career. He's the only MMA fighter who was managed like a boxer... he's the only MMA fighter who's management had unprecedented control over who he did and didnt fight.

Fedor and his management represented a cancer in this sport and his followers are nothing but gutter filth.

These guys held the title hostage for more than 5 fucking years always taking the easiest option instead of giving the fans the fights we wanted to see.

After denying the most worthy contenders in his division the same opportunity that Big nog offered him it's Karma that his myth of a legacy dies with a 2-2 UFC castoff choking him out in 90 seconds, and then being beaten to a pulp by a guy who lost to said UFC castoff and then getting knocked the fuck out by a 40 years old MW.

Karma mutherfucker.
8/10/11 12:54 AM
Perturbation

Just read the part about Kevin Randleman...

please...God...no...

8/10/11 1:02 AM
FryedTakayama
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor should get in on the HW GP ProElite is setting up
8/10/11 1:03 AM
BenBJJ
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From Vadims facebook:

8/10/11 1:06 AM
BenBJJ
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol!!!!
8/10/11 1:06 AM
ABE FROMAN
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vadim Finkelstein - 

First off I thank my friend TSIGOR for showing me this forum.

Regarding Fedor's opponent:

Kevin Randleman is a top fighter in the world. USA Wrestling and MMA Champion.

Fedor will undergo a rigorous training camp and I have set up plans for him to train more in Holland. Gegard will also be involved in his training camp.
MUTHAFUCKIN' FIRST!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.