UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy: 'I think my head's elsewhere'

8/15/11 9:19 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"It's a nice vote of confidence from the big boss," Hardy told MMAjunkie.com of Lorenzo Fertitta's post-fight tweet that Hardy will get at least one more fight in the octagon. "Obviously, a lot of people are three losses and out. I'm obviously four down now, and I appreciate he's going to give me another opportunity. I love the UFC and the fans and just being a part of the organization and being amongst great fighters.

"I think if they are going to give me one more fight, then I really need to take some time and come back re-invented, if you like. … There are a lot of things I can do. But right now, I need space from competing, and I need space in the gym getting beaten up by much better guys in every area. I'll either improve or find another way. If I've got one more fight, then I'll take one more fight. But maybe it won't be for a little while."

"When I got into this sport, my intention was just to do what I could do and get as far as I could. I'm proud to say I fought for the belt. It may have been a little early in my career to have done it, but it was an opportunity I took, and I gave it everything I've got. But after that, I don't know. I just felt a little bit of a distance from myself and the sport for various reasons. I don't know.

"I think I had the quickest rise and the quickest fall the UFC's ever seen – four fights up, four fights down. But there were improvements to make. I know that. I just don't think between fights I've really had the time to invest in working on those particular things. I know I've got it in me to learn them."

"I had a great training camp. But what you do in the gym and what goes on in your head are two completely different things.

"I only had four weeks out in Vegas with Roy, and I made a lot of progress in that time – not that I proved it in the fight. But I feel like I did make a lot of progress. I feel like that's a good place for me to be and to continue to work on my game. That will be something I continue to do. Plus, I have a lot of good friends there now, and they need my help training for their fights, so I'll still be there for them."

"It was a tough fight. It was exactly what I expected, apart from the squeeze on the neck at the end. … I just went straight into his guillotine. I knew it was a strong technique of his, and he caught me with it.

"Chris is always somebody I looked up to, and I knew coming into this fight it was going to be a great fight, and he was going to really push me, and it was going to be a fun one. I enjoyed the first 14 minutes of it. That lack of oxygen got to me. It's just one of those things. I've got no shame in being beaten by Chris, and I wish him all the best."

"I think my head's elsewhere to be honest. I'm going to step back a little bit and take some time – just enjoy being in the gym for a little while and see where the future takes me. … I'll see where my life takes me after a couple of days off.

"I think I just need to really dedicate the time to it and either come back in a blaze of glory and make a run for the belt or do something else. I'm not sure yet."

Read entire article...

8/15/11 9:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elbeezy1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do feel bad for the bloke... Did he honestly not expect it might go down like it did? Phone Post
8/15/11 9:31 AM
Gaspare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy is a classy guy, best of luck to you! Phone Post
8/15/11 9:36 AM
Perfer Et Obdura
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got personality, seems like a cool guy and usually puts on a good show.

I like watching him fight and I'm glad he is going to be sticking around.
8/15/11 10:00 AM
ElTriangulo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/15/11 10:00 AM
8/15/11 10:03 AM
jjj2121

Elbeezy1 -  I do feel bad for the bloke... Did he honestly not expect it might go down like it did? Phone Post

He shot once early in the second round and almost got his neck caught, and then did it again in the third...wtf was he thinking?  Trying to steal the round late to win a decision I guess?  He was always gonna be brown bread on the ground against Lytle.
8/15/11 10:15 AM
kizzy

I agree with him. He's took fight after fight and though he says he's worked on filling the obvious holes in his game. He was game planning on coming fights so how much of his game was he trying to improve, doesn't seem like as much as he was concentrating on what his opponents weakness were. So the best thing for him is to jus work on his game, Probly travel to different camps for a while and work on his weakness which is not jus grappling. Imo he needs to work on his boxing defense or striking defense have it. He takes alot of shots. He should take at least 6 to 8 months off to improve.
8/15/11 10:21 AM
PKH
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's to hoping Hardy finds his head and makes a successful return to the Octagon.  
8/15/11 11:10 AM
citysambo

RickMartelsArrogance - "I think my head's elsewhere to be honest."

Have you had anyone check around the 11th row in the O2 Arena? I think Condit launched it into the 11th or 12th row and we haven't seen it since.

Considering it was the ground and pound that put him out, that is one stupid fucking comment.
8/15/11 11:14 AM
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfer Et Obdura - He's got personality, seems like a cool guy and usually puts on a good show.

I like watching him fight and I'm glad he is going to be sticking around.

+1
8/15/11 11:21 AM
Neil Funk

citysambo - 

Have you had anyone check around the 11th row in the O2 Arena? I think Condit launched it into the 11th or 12th row and we haven't seen it since.

Considering it was the ground and pound that put him out, that is one stupid fucking comment
 shut the fuck up
8/15/11 11:23 AM
Schrute Boxe
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

citysambo - 

Considering it was the ground and pound that put him out, that is one stupid fucking comment.

8/15/11 11:24 AM
K-Dub-"T"

lol
8/15/11 11:24 AM
Dark Ryase
1275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - 
citysambo - 

Considering it was the ground and pound that put him out, that is one stupid fucking comment
 shut the fuck up

No you shut the fuck up.
8/15/11 11:28 AM
MMAxNate
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dark Ryase - 
Neil Funk - 
citysambo - 

shut the fuck up

No you shut the fuck up.

No you shut the fuck up.
8/15/11 11:28 AM
croy_00
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He came in and did what he said he was going to do (stand and bang) and put on a good show. He fell short but I'm thinking with a year off in Vegas training he could come back with some sharper grappling and hang around the middle of the 170 division for a while. Phone Post
8/15/11 11:57 AM
mofit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heres hoping hardy comes back a better fighter.
8/15/11 12:01 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAxNate - 
Dark Ryase - 
Neil Funk - 
citysambo - 

shut the fuck up

No you shut the fuck up.

No you shut the fuck up.
How bout YOU shut the fuck up?

8/15/11 12:19 PM
surfing
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Schopenhauer - 
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - 
MMAxNate - 
Dark Ryase - 
Neil Funk - 
citysambo - 

shut the fuck up

No you shut the fuck up.

No you shut the fuck up.
How bout YOU shut the fuck up?

Everybody needs to shut the fuck up.

No YOU shut the fuck up.
8/15/11 12:22 PM
ABE FROMAN
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the few from the UK that are truly humble. That's why I like him.
8/15/11 12:24 PM
tecknowledge

how can anyone not like hardy? from what i see other than some dumb tattoo's and a horrible hair cut.

the dude is a class act. I truly hope to see him turn his losing streak around with some big name fights.
8/15/11 12:25 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

citysambo - 

Did you miss the fight?

8/15/11 12:32 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -  One of the few from the UK that are truly humble. That's why I like him.
How is he humble? He claimed he was going to be the first to knockout or submit Lytle. He also had no respect for GSP and/or offensive and defensive wrestling and then got humiliated in that fight and in the AJ fight because of it. He also didn't respective Condit's striking ability and then got laid out on the canvas. He may be humbled now, but he hasn't been sincerely humble prior to this.

8/15/11 12:45 PM
Freakin 10er
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dang it Hardy, I think he's starting to grow on me. Gotta say I'm happy that he gets one more shot. I hope he takes the time necessary to improve his game
8/15/11 12:57 PM
ABE FROMAN
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poindexter - 
ABE FROMAN -  One of the few from the UK that are truly humble. That's why I like him.
How is he humble? He claimed he was going to be the first to knockout or submit Lytle. He also had no respect for GSP and/or offensive and defensive wrestling and then got humiliated in that fight and in the AJ fight because of it. He also didn't respective Condit's striking ability and then got laid out on the canvas. He may be humbled now, but he hasn't been sincerely humble prior to this.
How does anything you've written have anything to do with being humble? It all looks like your perspective except for the part where he said he wanted to be the first one to KO Lytle, but we all saw the trash talk for that fight and it was non-existant. So what?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.