UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: BJ Penn is an idiot

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/15/11 4:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

JS: OK. I don't want to dwell on the issue because it's firmly in the past, but I just wanted to briefly touch upon the reaction from the MMA community to your departure from the UFC back in June. You are renowned for being a true gentleman, amiable and respectful, so it must be hurtful when less considerate fighters scramble to pass comment and judgement on their fellow fighters?

NM: Definitely yes. There are a lot of people who are quick to pass judgement even when they don't know both sides of the story. They should not judge unless they've been in that situation or if they are an expert on the issue. It's even more sad when fellow fighters openly pass judgement when there is a clear discrepancy on what happened.

JS: I believe you have been in Hawaii? Was it a holiday or a business trip? I presume you didn't pay BJ Penn a visit? What do you make of BJ's overstated comments since the incident?
20keo371_crop_340x234 Dan Hardy never received the memo...Nate is already effectively a male model

NM: Yes I went there on vacation and to watch the fights at Kalapaki Joes. I was planning on stopping by his gym but we went to Kauai (a different island). "Cry Baby J" is an idiot to speak the way he does. I don't know how a pothead is going to go and be so judgemental over medication prescribed by a doctor. I'll assume CryBJ has glaucoma and gets his weed from a "doctor" and I won't pass judgement on him for that.

read entire article...

8/15/11 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrockbackMountain
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weed is for fun and does not help you do MMA.
8/15/11 4:45 PM
Marco808
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He couldn't meet the standards set by the Penn. commission, got released and is out of the UFC, and BJ's the idiot. Right, makes perfect sense. 
8/15/11 4:45 PM
TheShogunEra

Edited: 08/15/11 4:45 PM
Roidboy
8/15/11 4:46 PM
caliphornia

Lol @ a proven cheater calling BJ Penn an idiot. The idiot here is the one who cheated Phone Post
8/15/11 4:47 PM
RicePicker
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sound like nates being the cry baby... Phone Post
Herring In A Fur Coat

I don't recall BJ Penn ever failing a drug test...  let alone ruining a main event the night before the fight.
Beefcake the Mighty

LOL @ Marquardt.
8/15/11 4:48 PM
Body Shots
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BJ Phone Post
8/15/11 4:51 PM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn by RNC, 1st round.
8/15/11 4:51 PM
K-Dub-"T"

Juicer
8/15/11 4:52 PM
caliphornia

buckshot44 - BJ Penn by RNC, 1st round.
All day baby Phone Post
8/15/11 4:54 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "prescribed by a doctor." So was all of Kerr's painkillers. The trick is, you gotta find the right doctor.
8/15/11 4:56 PM
Machine May 2.0

Kitty's got claws!
8/15/11 4:56 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everyone loves weed, FU nate.
8/15/11 4:58 PM
Elite Alkemist

Wovito - Penn flat out said he would fight the larger Marquart if Nate would only agree to not juice for the fight, after Marquart issued the challenge. . . .

. . . then Marquart tucked. BJ is what's right with the sport. Nate Marquart is what's wrong.

This
8/15/11 5:00 PM
kinkle

I'd love to see that prick get retired by BJ. He is an idiot for trying to trash a legend like BJ.
8/15/11 5:00 PM
PJ Benn Fan
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/15/11 5:00 PM
So Penn's the idiot yet Marquardt is a multiple offender, fucked up a main event and was kciked out of the UFC despite being a top 6 or 7 fighter?

Funny how that works huh?

Enjoy Bamma Nate.
At least you know if you get the takedown theres a good chance you have the fight in the bag!

You may not even have to use anything to win either.

8/15/11 5:02 PM
brahmabull81
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Go back to punching opponents when they arent even looking at you and leave the honorable fighting to guys like BJ.
8/15/11 5:04 PM
MMAReview

The interviewer couldn't be more biased either. BJ's "OVERSTATED" comments and "you've been nothing but a gentleman". Get off Nate's nutsack if you want to be a journalist.
8/15/11 5:07 PM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Nate who is still in the UFC? That's what I thought.

Nate has no one to blame but himself for his problems, but he seems to be trying to deflect it all on to his haters. Great idea brah! LOLZ!
8/15/11 5:08 PM
CaliKush
511 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*takes hit and laughs at Nate* Phone Post
8/15/11 5:09 PM
Coolface_Awesomeson

You guys are pretty hard on Nate, huh?
8/15/11 5:11 PM
Elite Alkemist

MMAReview - The interviewer couldn't be more biased either. BJ's "OVERSTATED" comments and "you've been nothing but a gentleman". Get off Nate's nutsack if you want to be a journalist.

No kidding. If he was such a "gentlemen", he would have brushed off BJ's comments and not even worried about it. And that journalist probably still has the taste of Nate's nuts in his mouth
8/15/11 5:16 PM
VanDammage

BJ's a pothead???

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.