8/16/11 12:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5thRound.com

8/16/11 1:58 PM
Momentum
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out of respect to his family and friends, maybe it is just best until the full results come out before anyone assumes anything negative about his choices. I suspect to those that knew him, the pain of the loss is enough right now that the causes and reasons probably just aren't that important. Personally I think it is a time to remember and process grief. The simple fact is that anyone who dies at such an early age is a tragedy regardless of what caused the tragedy. RIP Shawn. I hope your family and friends find peace in the great memories they had with you.
8/16/11 2:58 PM
Ramon Maroni

Jesus man this is the 2nd thread u created, same exact
8/16/11 3:02 PM
HexRei

it's actually the same thread, some mod just deleted the posts.
8/16/11 3:02 PM
japetto

Actually, Stout reveals that autopsy reveals cause of death "heart attack."
8/16/11 3:03 PM
RJJH
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sucks.
8/16/11 3:06 PM
Hired Gun
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why was my post deleted? Fucking bullshit I didn't post a damn thing out of line!
8/16/11 3:07 PM
Hired Gun
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Momentum - Out of respect to his family and friends, maybe it is just best until the full results come out before anyone assumes anything negative about his choices. I suspect to those that knew him, the pain of the loss is enough right now that the causes and reasons probably just aren't that important. Personally I think it is a time to remember and process grief. The simple fact is that anyone who dies at such an early age is a tragedy regardless of what caused the tragedy. RIP Shawn. I hope your family and friends find peace in the great memories they had with you.

Just so I have this clear are Mods going to enforce this on every thread made about someone passing?
8/16/11 3:12 PM
Dougie
1109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps you could make a seperate thread about it to discuss there. That way the subject and the issue are not clouded.

Thanx.
8/16/11 3:13 PM
dahosse
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My grandpa suffered his first heart attack at 32. There is no reason for anyone to be speculating about anything. Heart attacks that hit the young have elevated mortality rates. There is some speculation that your body has built-in defenses against heart attacks being fatal that don't establish themselves until later in life. The moral of the story is that these things can happen regardless of lifestyle choices, and are sometimes just the result of unforeseen or unexpected genetic maladies. Just say RIP, keep the negativity to yourself, and maybe go get your own heart checked. Life's short, friends, but medicine can maybe help with some of that. Take care of yourselves. Phone Post
8/16/11 3:17 PM
jkennedy
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else hear this when you read an FRB thread?

8/16/11 3:18 PM
chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are perfectly sensible reasons for people to have heart attacks at that age.. It isn't always because of something bad. It's not necessarily common, but it does happen. I feel for his family and I hope that the people that knew him find peace in all of this. Very shitty for anyone to loose a family member, close friend, or otherwise. RIP Phone Post
8/16/11 3:22 PM
In Limbo
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this frontrowbrian really thinks he is a journalist

do you spend all your time scouring twitter and MMA sites just so you could "break the news" here on the UG?

8/16/11 3:24 PM
SugaDaddyPunishedMe
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why delete threads about a top MMA trainer dying of an apparent heart attack at an early age?

its very interesting, and that's news about MMA... wtf else should we talk about?...
HexRei

jkennedy - Does anyone else hear this when you read an FRB thread?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8vINCq_IAI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

nah, i hear "yakkity sax"
Ice Cubes on Kiriks Nipples

my father had his first heart attack at 35
8/16/11 3:30 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My father-in-law has lost two brothers to heart attacks in their 30s. He's a time bomb himself.

But it always bugs me when it happens to a fit athlete. Tompkins was a coach but I'm sure he had out of this world cardio compared to Joe Average, so it sucks way more than if it happened to Big Lard Couch Potato .

Sometimes it's an enlarged heart. Sometimes it's hard to know.

In any case, I want to know for sure as it can save lives!

What a shit happening in the MMA world.

8/16/11 3:31 PM
japetto

In Limbo -  this frontrowbrian really thinks he is a journalist

do you spend all your time scouring twitter and MMA sites just so you could "break the news" here on the UG?

You think he wants to be a journalist because he is posting links to mma media stories?  Is that what you consider journalism?

*scratches head*
8/16/11 3:36 PM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRB is usually an entertaining poster who is self-aware enough to realize he's in "journalistic" character as a ruse, but the comment about this pour soul who has passed away and was a friend to many was very unfortunate.   
8/16/11 3:46 PM
fakezaga
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an example of how this sort of thing can happen - my family has a history of Wolff Parkinson White syndrome - a heart condition which is generally asymptomatic.

For a small number of patients - including my uncle - the first symptom is sudden death. Luckily for him, the event occurred in a doctor's office during a scheduled checkup. they brought him back and he later received surgery to correct the problem in his heart.

I was only recently cleared of WPW by and EKG. Whenever I hear of a young father dying like this, i think it could have easily been me.

All the best to his friends and family. And while many people may have questions - let's refrain from shouting them from the rooftops for at least a little while.
8/16/11 3:50 PM
NorthSlopePipeNinja
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hired Gun - Why was my post deleted? Fucking bullshit I didn't post a damn thing out of line!
Yup, mine too. Kind of bullshit IMO. I was just saying how I could see how people might speculate, NOT making ANY accusations. Young people DO die of heart attacks unrelated to any substance. Last time I checked none of that was against the TOS.

That being said, the MMA community has suffered a great loss. RIP and my deepest, heartfelt condolences to his family. Phone Post
8/16/11 3:50 PM
Needlehammer

In Limbo -  this frontrowbrian really thinks he is a journalist

why do you care

is finding out information fast a bad thing? or is it something else

FRB is good for the site Phone Post
8/16/11 3:52 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hired Gun - Why was my post deleted? Fucking bullshit I didn't post a damn thing out of line!

Yeah, mine was too.

And my post was solely focused on the twitter copy/paste nonsense
8/16/11 3:55 PM
HighBastard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id assume the deleted posts are an attempt to hide what caused the heart attack of a fit 37 yr old...hmm i wonder
8/16/11 3:58 PM
In Limbo
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

japetto - 
In Limbo -  this frontrowbrian really thinks he is a journalist

You think he wants to be a journalist because he is posting links to mma media stories?  Is that what you consider journalism?

*scratches head*

i think that FRB Tthinks that he is a journalist just bc he posts links to mma media stories...for the "i was the first to tell you" bug

your post actually confirms mine

*smirks*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.