UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> I want that wrestler strength!!!

8/16/11 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mad Dangler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can u guys suggest a work out routine. Phone Post
8/16/11 1:23 PM
DefenseSoap
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense Soap, Owner
Mad Dangler

The best way to gain wrestler's strength is through wrestling but if this is not an option for you I have found that extreme cross fit workouts closely resemble wrestling. It is the use of multiple muscle groups at the same time that give wrestlers what seem to be extra strength. Also, wrestlers have functional strength. Through years of drilling and full go wrestlers develop strength to shoot and then to finish takedowns. They also have great body awareness and positioning which only ads to their strength.

Guy
Defense Soap
8/16/11 1:27 PM
Mad Dangler

Thnks I will look into crossfit and maybe look for a wrestling club. Phone Post
8/16/11 1:36 PM
DefenseSoap
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense Soap, Owner
I am an old wrestler and rolling full go just isn't that easy for me anymore. One or two matches in and I am done. The crossfit kicks my ass well enough.

Guy
Defense Soap
10/16/11 9:40 AM
skewbort

Try sandbags. I hear good things because the weight is shifing within the bag as a person would shift around. Clean type movements. Watch how Iowa and other colleges train weights- vids are on flowrestling- just google it.
Plate workouts, Hill Runs, Circuit training etc

Rope climbs- good for grip.

Drills. Practice for speed, over and over and over. Shots, downblocks, sprawl and spin, hip heists against walls, sit outs etc. Shadow wrestling, holding stance, movement.

Play other sports
10/16/11 9:41 AM
skewbort

Try sandbags. I hear good things because the weight is shifing within the bag as a person would shift around. Clean type movements. Watch how Iowa and other colleges train weights- vids are on flowrestling- just google it.
Plate workouts, Hill Runs, Circuit training etc

Rope climbs- good for grip.

Drills. Practice for speed, over and over and over. Shots, downblocks, sprawl and spin, hip heists against walls, sit outs etc. Shadow wrestling, holding stance, movement.

Play other sports
10/16/11 1:26 PM
Mad Dangler

Those all sound like good work outs.
I'll check out those videos.

Thanks Phone Post
10/26/11 9:23 PM
mendelson
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wrestle. It isnt the hard wrestling tht makes wrestlers monsters. It is the years of repeated training and the mentailty that develops. An out of shape wrestler beats an in shape striker on most days, if you ask me. Barring the one shot Ko, of course. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.