UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> wet healing?

8/17/11 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JayAreSee
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone use this method to heal a tattoo? I had some major problems with scabbing on my last one and was looking at maybe trying the wet healing method on my next one.
8/18/11 11:33 AM
MDAlex
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are you using normally?

The two methods I have found to work well are:

1. Bactine spray. Spray often and try to keep wet most of the day. I was told to use this due to powder based pigment in ink. Only used this method once but the results have been great for the last 8 years

2. The method I currently use: Aquaphore and Lubriderm. After tattoo has had a couple wrapped to swell and cool down take a shower and rinse under water. Apply Aquaphore and wrap at night until the area around the tattoo have lost their redness and the tattoo has started the healing process. Aquaphore until you can rub it on without any discomfort and then just use Unscented Lubriderm until completely healed.

I have found the second method to result in quick scabless and most importantly least likely to remove ink or dull the tattoo. A and D or Neosporin can remove ink or make the colors very light.
8/24/11 10:47 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On my back sessions I used neosporin+Burt's Bee's Hand Salve the day of tattooing, then Burts Bees hand salve only until healed.

Stayed moist and NEVER scabbed
8/27/11 12:38 AM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a&d (classic) but i didnt like tattoo goo, untio i began putting it on 5 mon after the application of a and d  ointment...no scabbing, scin wasnt to greasy.. pretty good, and color held perfect
8/27/11 2:22 PM
DukeIsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curel original lotion is all I use.
9/5/11 11:07 PM
Muzalini
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giraffix Inc, Owner, Designer
 Leave wrapped for 2-4 hours tops, shower and rinse with Dial unscented. after that I use a&d for the next day and clean it 3-4 times daily only gently rubbing with my fingertips. after that I use HEMP firming lotion and it has worked great on my last 2 large pieces and my wifes 2 large tattoo's with no scabbing
10/2/11 5:16 PM
viorage
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my artist has me leave it dry.  Turns out amazing.  zero fading
3/18/12 9:33 PM
DeathPanda

I tried wet healing after the first session of my arm, which resulted in a slight loss/dulling of the ink. On all other sessions I used the following method and it healed pretty well:

On the first evening, remove wrap, soak the tat in hot water for about 5 min, then wash with unscented soap till there is no more cream/blood/ink, then cover the tat with panthenol cream and wrap the tat up for the night. Repeat this the next morning and evening. On the evening, just leave the tat dry. Afterwards, I usually just let the tat be and only cream on occasion, and try to minimize friction on the tattoo.

This worked really well on both my arm and my foot.
4/7/12 12:44 PM
OBgrappler

totally depends on the artist-

I kept my wrapped for 3 full days, washing with soap and water 3 times a day and rewrapping...After 3 days used very small amount of baby oil to keep from cracking..

So the idea of keeping it wrapped for 2-4 hours tops is just a recommendedation, not the rule of thumb. I also tattooed by Baxter, so its not like I got some kitchen magician doing my work for me.
7/17/12 12:07 AM
The Popeye
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kept mine wrapped for 3 days, wash and cover with aquaphore and then rewrap, after that aquaphore for a few more days and done I have had almost no scabbing at all with the exception of some of the red. but tat healed well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.