UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Serra: "Small % of Fighters don't use PED's"

8/19/11 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stillmatic
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmaweekly.com/matt-serra-says-only-a-small-percentage-of-fighters-dont-use-peds

Agree with everything he says in regards to PED's. To me, PED use should be much more frowned upon in fighting than other sports. PED users in the other sports are just breaking records, not breaking somebody's face.
8/19/11 11:26 AM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny that SOOO many fighters are coming out to say SOOO many fighters are using but they aren't.
8/19/11 11:32 AM
TheGARV
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGARV.com, In Before Watermark
 Matt Serra was at Chipotle the other day.  FYI.
8/19/11 11:36 AM
shibbyguy

i think it should be made mandatory...if you wanna fight...you gotta juice
8/19/11 11:36 AM
Zaph
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic -  To me, PED use should be much more frowned upon in fighting than other sports.

Somehow, I don't think frowning at roided freaks is going to have much of an impact.
8/19/11 11:37 AM
Whambo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here comes the bashing. Serra is trying to open the publics eyes about PED abuse, and will be put down by the fickle fans for it. It's like Jose Canseco with baseball.

Remember all the shit Horn took? Yah..
8/19/11 11:44 AM
Silverball
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one wants to be the snitch, but when you start to read headlines claiming 90% of the fighters are using PEDs, then it opens the door for fighters like Serra, Penn, and others to come out as natural, or that 5-10% that don't use. It's good for the sport.
8/19/11 11:53 AM
japetto

ABE FROMAN -  It's funny that SOOO many fighters are coming out to say SOOO many fighters are using but they aren't.

Bro, are you trying to say that spaghetti and meatballs is a PED?  If so, I might agree ;)
8/19/11 11:54 AM
lilmanster
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -  It's funny that SOOO many fighters are coming out to say SOOO many fighters are using but they aren't.

I have only seen like 3 people make statements.

Also most of these people are being interviewed, it's not like they are calling up the media and saying "HAVE I GOT A SCOOP FOR YOU!"
8/19/11 11:55 AM
Jacinto
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

Kinda reminds me of how strippers will say that all the other girls suck and fuck in the VIP rooms but they don't.
stillmatic

“It’s one thing if you’re fighting for an hour, but you got 15 minutes in there. There’s certain teams out there that look like they got a freaking chemist assigned to them,” said Serra. “It’s not that I want to judge anybody, but hey man, I’m fighting these people. Next thing you know you’re in there fighting a guy with unlimited energy that looks like a He-Man figure. I don’t give a (expletive) if it’s happening in baseball, but when a guy can kick your head off, someone can get hurt. There’s a chance for serious bodily harm.” Serra

That quote pretty much summed it all up.
Alumynabjj

Did Serra actually look at the fighter he cornered from his camp this last fight? I mean seriously. Start in your own house.
8/19/11 11:58 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PED = Pasta Eating Disorder?
8/19/11 12:00 PM
Formulate Infinity

This just made me a Serra fan Phone Post
8/19/11 12:00 PM
Kostakio
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj - Did Serra actually look at the fighter he cornered from his camp this last fight? I mean seriously. Start in your own house.

Phillipou is not on Steroids. He's just Greek.
8/19/11 12:07 PM
stillmatic

Zaph - 
stillmatic -  To me, PED use should be much more frowned upon in fighting than other sports.

Somehow, I don't think frowning at roided freaks is going to have much of an impact.

Maybe not, but if top fighters themselves are saying this, it might put heat on the people doing the testing to improve on it so they can catch more fighters cheating.

If you hand out harsher penalties, drug tests at random and stuff like that, it at least becomes a bit of a deterrent.
8/19/11 12:13 PM
Zaph
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - 
Zaph - 

Maybe not, but if top fighters themselves are saying this, it might put heat on the people doing the testing to improve on it so they can catch more fighters cheating.

If you hand out harsher penalties, drug tests at random and stuff like that, it at least becomes a bit of a deterrent.

I agree with the harsher penalties. I was just making a (bad) joke about the expression "frowned upon".
8/19/11 12:14 PM
J-Tee
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol..love this serra guy
8/19/11 12:19 PM
OshKos B'Josh All American Blanket

ABE FROMAN -  It's funny that SOOO many fighters are coming out to say SOOO many fighters are using but they aren't.
(mad his favorite gay fighters are going to be exposed) Phone Post
8/19/11 12:21 PM
RandyIsMyDad
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
Alumynabjj - Did Serra actually look at the fighter he cornered from his camp this last fight? I mean seriously. Start in your own house.

I know, right. Someone has obviously never seen 300.
8/19/11 12:25 PM
Alumynabjj

Kostakio - 

I looked up pics of him and for some reason he looked huge in his fight, yet the pics I found of him didnt look that huge. Weird... by the way I love Serra and would expect his camp to be roid free.
8/19/11 12:38 PM
notsobigmike
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - “It’s one thing if you’re fighting for an hour, but you got 15 minutes in there. There’s certain teams out there that look like they got a freaking chemist assigned to them,” said Serra. “It’s not that I want to judge anybody, but hey man, I’m fighting these people. Next thing you know you’re in there fighting a guy with unlimited energy that looks like a He-Man figure. I don’t give a (expletive) if it’s happening in baseball, but when a guy can kick your head off, someone can get hurt. There’s a chance for serious bodily harm.” Serra

That quote pretty much summed it all up.

I agree with his sentiment, but I hate when people judge whether or not an athlete is juicing because they "look" like it.

The highest profile juicers in UFC history are Sylvia, Barnett, and Royce.
8/19/11 12:41 PM
Lucas Maximus
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Serra is a superhero  }:-)
8/19/11 12:43 PM
TheGARV
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGARV.com, In Before Watermark
Kostakio - 

Haha, nice!
8/19/11 1:00 PM
Mako_
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The cheaters stick out like a sore thumb yet nothing is done. Guys like Serra, BJ are the real deal and deserve praise for fighting cheaters.

Out of competition testing and actual proper testing should be mandatory for mma. Still a long way to go in this sport folks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.