UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Fantasy Football Teams??

8/21/11 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty happy about the team I drafted. We start 3 wr's and I was 9th in the draft, so I went with the best WR's i could. My Running backs are weak, so I will have to do some trading. Who does everyone else have??

Philip Rivers
Josh Freeman
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Desean Jackson
Chad Ochocinco
A.J. Green
Ryan Grant
Felix Jones
Mike Tolbert
Beannie Wells
Tim Hightower
Tony Gonzalez
Aaron Hernandez
Stephen Gostkowski
Chicago
8/22/11 2:07 AM
Doomsday
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its about over for Tony G. Kevin Boss of OAK should get a lot of looks, though he's a better blockre than receiver.
8/22/11 7:00 AM
Tebowkakke
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would hold off on trying to do anything with your running backs. First, you have Ryan Grant, I had him last year, but if there was one player coming back with a chip on his shoulder it is him. He wants to be on the field for a super bowl win, so he could/will be a very good pick.

Denver played Dallas in the opening week of the preseason and under Jason Garret Felix Jones is going to be used A LOT. Again, he is someone I would love to keep at least for the first few weeks.

Mike Tolbert is a toss up, I signed him late last year and he did ok, but when Ryan Matthews is healthy Tolbert won't see many, if any snaps.

Beanie Wells is another toss up. Sometimes he looks great, other times not so much.

Tim Hightower could prove to be the steal of the draft for you. He is playing in a Mike Shanahan system and if there was one guy built for that system it is Hightower. You know he is going to see the ball a lot, and watching him in preseason he does everything Shanahan loves. He makes one cut, squares his shoulders and gets up field. I would hang onto Hightower, Jones, and Grant, and then see if you could package Tolbert and Wells to someone to get a tight end.
8/22/11 8:43 AM
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think my tight ends are bad though. Tony Gonzalzes had 656 yards and 6 td's last year. That isn't wonderful but it's not bad either. Also, Aaron Hernendez looked great last year and in the preseason this year. He is a big fast target for Brady. So I think I'm ok at TE.

I wouldn't trade any of my RB's just yet... but I may trade a player like OCHO for Ahmad Bradshaw, or something like that.

Beannie wells is the only RB in Arizona now that hightower is gone, so he will see be seeing the ball a lot!

I think you are right about Hightower too.. he won the starting job in Washington and has looked awesome in preseason so far.

Tolber is a toss up... when he gets rolling he is hard to stop. I think he is going to get 50% of the carries and then if he gets hot.. he will get a higher %. If Matthews gets hurt like last year.. Tolberts value could go way up.

What teams does everyone else have?
8/22/11 11:58 AM
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many teams and what are the scoring settings?
8/22/11 1:20 PM
Doomsday

I think you should listen to us about your TE situation. Otherwise, why ask here???

Anyway, my team...
QB Tom Brady (NE - QB)
WR Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
WR Brandon Lloyd (Den - WR)
WR Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
RB Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)
RB Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
TE Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
W/T Lance Moore (NO - WR)
W/R BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
W/R/T Marcedes Lewis (Jac - TE)
Q/W/R/T Matt Cassel (KC - QB)

Backups:
Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
Derrick Mason (NYJ - WR)
Kevin Boss (Oak - TE)

K Josh Brown (StL - K)

DEF Green Bay (GB - DEF)
Backup:
Atlanta (ATL - DEF)

D Derrick Johnson (KC - LB)
DB Terrell Thomas (NYG - CB)
DL James Hall (StL - DE)
LB James Harrison (Pit - LB)
DT Kyle Williams (Buf - DT)
DE Justin Tuck (NYG - DE)
CB Joe Haden (Cle - CB)
S Earl Thomas (Sea - S)

Backups:
Devin McCourty (NE - CB)
D.J. Williams (Den - LB)
8/22/11 4:45 PM
caleb

Yeah, thanks for the advice but I'm fine with the TE's I drafted. I've been playing Fantasy Football since 1995.. I know what I'm doing. I could have taken Gates, Finley, Witten, etc. in the 4th round but I preferred to get Desean Jackson there. Gonzalez and Hernandez will have better years than Kevin Boss in Oakland with Jason Campbell QB'ing.

I like your team except for the WR'S. Although Bowe and Lloyd had great seasons last year, I don't see them duplicating that.

Your league appears to be pretty in depth with all the defensive players. Also you have 4 different flex spots? That is just strange man.
8/22/11 4:53 PM
caleb

east -  How many teams and what are the scoring settings?

I'm in a 10 team non PPR league.

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Passing Yards 20 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 7
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 7
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 7
Return Touchdowns 7
2-Point Conversions 4
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 7

Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3 0
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams League Value
Sack 2 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 7
Safety 5 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 7
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4
8/22/11 6:58 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I strongly second Tebowkakke about your running backs. My live draft is next week. In my mock drafts I have been consistenly targetting Grant, Jones and Hightower in the later rounds and getting them often. They are all guys who are not big names but I think all are in great positions to have solid years.
8/22/11 8:24 PM
caleb

Waylay -  I strongly second Tebowkakke about your running backs. My live draft is next week. In my mock drafts I have been consistenly targetting Grant, Jones and Hightower in the later rounds and getting them often. They are all guys who are not big names but I think all are in great positions to have solid years.

Yeah, I suppose they aren't as weak as I made them look. I made sure I picked the main running back from each team. Beannie Wells hasn't been a real impressive running back through the years but he has always had to split carries with Tim Hightower and now he is gone. So Beannie will be getting all the carries.

Felix Jones always had to split with Marion Barber.. with Barber being the starter and getting goal line carries. Felix is a dynamic running back and has looked awesome in practice and the preseason and will be getting the start every week and the goal line carries.

Tim Hightower has been given the starting role in Washington because of how good he has looked in practice and the preseason. Roy Helu has also looked good, so he will get some of the carries but in the end he is a rookie and has a lot to learn. Tim will get 90% of the carries there.

Ryan Grant is #1 on the depth chart for the Packers. Although, James Starks looked great last year, it's still Grants job to lose and Grant has looked great in preseason and said he is back to 100%. This guy had back to back 1200+ yard seasons in 2008 & 2009 before his injury in 2010. Nobody thought about drafting him and he was still there after I got my dream team of WR's.
8/23/11 12:56 AM
Doomsday

caleb - Yeah, thanks for the advice but I'm fine with the TE's I drafted. I've been playing Fantasy Football since 1995.. I know what I'm doing. I could have taken Gates, Finley, Witten, etc. in the 4th round but I preferred to get Desean Jackson there. Gonzalez and Hernandez will have better years than Kevin Boss in Oakland with Jason Campbell QB'ing.

I like your team except for the WR'S. Although Bowe and Lloyd had great seasons last year, I don't see them duplicating that.

Your league appears to be pretty in depth with all the defensive players. Also you have 4 different flex spots? That is just strange man.

Yeah, its a weird league. But hey, i've proven myself in regular leagues, this one looked fun.

I took Boss late. Not much left after so many picks in this league. Anyway, I guess I could pick up Celek, but not much else out there.

I see no reason Bowe won't kick much ass again. Contract year for him, too. No idea about Lloyd. I do have Crabtree waiting on the bench. Lance Moore should do well, I think Brees is going to put up better numbers this year, and Lance will be a big part of that.
8/23/11 12:58 PM
Gracie killar
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like your team Caleb, I think your pretty good at RB I like Beanie its now or never for him really might surprise this year. Can't get much better with your qbs. your WRs are pretty good as well, have lots of trade chips to upgrade at Rb if you wanted to.

Did my first draft last Wednesday here's how I fared:

Starters
QB:Romo
WR:Nicks
WR:Manningham
WR:Bryant
RB:R.Rice
RB:D.Mcfadden
TE:D.Keller
Flex:S.Greene
Flex:M.Ingram
K:A.Henery
IDP:J.Mayo

Bench
Qb:Stafford
RB:S.Ridley
RB:J. Harrison
RB:D. Sproles
RB:Ricky Williams
RB:B.Jacobs
WR:D.Amendola
WR:A.J. Green
WR:D.Briscoe
WR:N.Burelson
WR:J.Shipley
TE:L.Kendricks

I ended up trading Jahvid Best Mike Thomas and Matt Schaub for Tony Romo Hakeem Nicks and Shonn Greene. Also dropped Clay Matthews for Stevan Ridley and dropped Joe Mcknight for Dez Briscoe.
8/23/11 1:08 PM
Gracie killar
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had the no 2 pick in the draft forgot to mention that here is my scoring in this league:

Offense League Value

Passing Yards 20 yards per point; 2 points at 400 yards; 4 points at 500 yards

Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4

Sacks -1

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 2 points at 175 yards; 4 points at 225 yards

Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Touchdowns 6

2-Point Conversions 2

Fumbles Lost -4

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 2
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -2

Defense/Special Teams League Value

Sack 1
Interception 3
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 20
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10
Points Allowed 7-13 points 6
Points Allowed 14-20 points 4
Points Allowed 21-27 points 2
Points Allowed 28-34 points 0
Points Allowed 35+ points -5

Defensive Players League Value

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist .5
Sack 3
Interception 3
Fumble Force 3
Fumble Recovery 3
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 3
8/23/11 1:45 PM
thePetester

"Mike Tolbert is a toss up, I signed him late last year and he did ok, but when Ryan Matthews is healthy Tolbert won't see many, if any snaps. "
Tolbert will score more TDs though.

"Beanie Wells is another toss up. Sometimes he looks great, other times not so much. "
He is going to stink.

"Tim Hightower could prove to be the steal of the draft for you. He is playing in a Mike Shanahan system and if there was one guy built for that system it is Hightower. "
Agreed 100%. If he is still available in the 5th round this year I am taking him.
8/23/11 4:00 PM
caleb

Gracie,
I'm assuming you took Ray Rice with the #2 pick? You should have gone for Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson at that pick. You are still good with Ray Rice though.

I think you did well. I wouldn't play both Manningham and Nicks at the same time, maybe trade for a WR on a different team if you can. I sometimes will play 2 receivers on the same team but I feel that you can score more by using WR'S from different teams. It's an age old debate though.

You did an awesome job with that trade! You definitely got the better of the trade!
8/23/11 4:02 PM
caleb

Beannie wells might suck.. but he will be the only guy in the backfield and will have his chance to shine. If he doesn't then I'm not real worried about it. I have Hightower, Grant, Jones, and Tolbert.

Also, Tolbert will be getting 50% of the carries if Matthews is healthy or not. Tolbert is a bitch to tackle. I saw him at the Dallas game and he is like a big bowling ball when he is running. He looks really hard to tackle.
8/23/11 4:41 PM
Gracie killar

Edited: 08/23/11 4:42 PM
Yeah I did take rice no 2 over all Caleb but I just think he will have a big year with leach as his FB now seems as though he is going to be getting goalline work as well.<br /><br />Whats Manninghams trade value who could I expect to get in return. As for Foster he went no 1. Peterson's Oline worries me.
8/23/11 5:23 PM
caleb

Gracie killar - Yeah I did take rice no 2 over all Caleb but I just think he will have a big year with leach as his FB now seems as though he is going to be getting goalline work as well.

Whats Manninghams trade value who could I expect to get in return. As for Foster he went no 1. Peterson's Oline worries me.

Yeah, the defenses may stack the box against Peterson in Minny because of the passing game. They also lost Sidney rice which was the guy who made them wonderful in 2009 and then got injured and wasn't the same.

Petersen has still done good when they don't have an offense though.. he is just that good. I would have taken him over Rice but I don't fault your decision either. Rice is going to get a lot more carries and goal line carries too.

You have to see who in your league needs WR'S first off.. and then expect to get someone like Pierre Garcon, Malcom Floyd, Austin Collie, Chad Ochocinco, etc.
8/24/11 10:15 AM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got 8th pick in 10 team draft tomorrow and then 9th pick in a 12 team draft on Monday. I need threads like these

All the teams listed are pretty stacked. I have gotten close on some of the mocks but missed out on some of the guys that I really coveted so I hope some of the people in my leagues screw up.

What is the typical drafting order you all were going in with this year?

In the 10 team with the 8th pick I am targeting LeSean McCoy or Andre Johnson (pending them being there)... is it terrible to start off with a WR and at what rounds have you all been snagging your QB(s)?

In the 10 team league I was thinking about only drafting 1 QB and picking the other off the waiver so I can take a flyer on another position player... am I ignorant?
8/24/11 11:07 AM
caleb

leglockfan - I got 8th pick in 10 team draft tomorrow and then 9th pick in a 12 team draft on Monday. I need threads like these

All the teams listed are pretty stacked. I have gotten close on some of the mocks but missed out on some of the guys that I really coveted so I hope some of the people in my leagues screw up.

What is the typical drafting order you all were going in with this year?

In the 10 team with the 8th pick I am targeting LeSean McCoy or Andre Johnson (pending them being there)... is it terrible to start off with a WR and at what rounds have you all been snagging your QB(s)?

In the 10 team league I was thinking about only drafting 1 QB and picking the other off the waiver so I can take a flyer on another position player... am I ignorant?

First off, you aren't ignorant. I'm the commissioner of a 10 team league and I have been playing fantasy football since forever. I was number 9 in our draft and targeted Andre Johnson. AJ goes top 10 every single year and is about the surest thing you can get at WR. I was praying the #8 guy wouldn't take him.

If you take Mccoy at #8, then AJ will be gone when it comes back to you. I personally would take AJ at #8 and then try to get another stud WR when it comes back to you. In my draft I took AJ and then got megatron (Calvin Johnson)and had no intentions of taking a QB in the 3rd round.. but Philip Rivers was still on the board so I took him, and then took another stud WR in Desean Jackson in the 4th.

I still ended up with some decent running backs starting in the 5th, 6th, 8th, and 10th rounds. Grant, Felix Jones, Beannie Wells, and Tim Hightower. Also, if I need to, I can trade one of my stud WR's for a solid RB. I don't see that happening though because I have pretty decent RB's and all stud WR's.

Only grab a QB in the 3rd round if he is a major stud.. Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Michael Vick, Drew Brees, or Philip Rivers. If they are not available.. then wait until the 7 or 8th rounds and grab Josh Freeman or Ben Roethlisberger.
8/24/11 11:25 AM
Gracie killar

We think alike Caleb when it comes to QBs.
8/24/11 11:32 AM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome that is what I was thinking for the QB situation but now they just switched the 10 team league to 2 QB starting so I will have to adjust my strategy lol

I'm still going to go with 1 QB and waiver wire on Colt McCoy (most likely) in my 12 team league though.

... You got me leaning Andre Johnson now too :)

8/24/11 11:48 AM
caleb

Fyi... a real solid pickup at the end of the 3rd round would be Vincent Jackson.. he didn't make it that far in our draft before someone took him... but you may get lucky and get him if the right people aren't paying attention.
8/24/11 11:57 AM
caleb

I hate 2 qb's starting leagues! Still doesn't matter though.. you could get Josh Freeman, Big Ben, Eli, etc in the later rounds.

Make sure you draft both QB'S.. there isn't a good reason to not get them both. If anything, don't draft a kicker/defense.. and then pick up one later before the season starts.
8/24/11 12:23 PM
leglockfan

For the 2 QB league I was going to draft RB (if AJ isn't avail) then QB (Brady or Rivers) and then WR or RB for first 3 rounds.

Maybe Andre Johnson, Philip Rivers, Steven Jackson

Must do some mocks tonight lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.