UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Fantasy Football Teams??

8/24/11 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gracie killar
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fantasydraftcalculator.com is a great site for mocks leglock fan. If you sign up which is free to do, You can get your draft evaluated by their experts. Just an automated thing but nice little touch.
8/24/11 12:55 PM
leglockfan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thank you for that!
8/24/11 1:11 PM
Gracie killar
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a good site but the only thing is they don't have any roster customization so you can't do 2qb mocks etc. None the less just pick a strategy you are thinking of using for your league and try it out there. I like that site better than yahoo's mock service since you can choose to do ppr or non ppr mocks.
8/24/11 10:26 PM
TheRealJoker
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10 team league:

Tom Brady
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Brandon Lloyd
Kellen Winslow
David Akers
Detroit

Bench:

Felix Jones
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Beanie Wells
Malcolm Floyd
Johnny Knox
Lee Evans

I didn't take another Qb bc Cutler, Sanchez, and Mccoy are all on waiver wire and I got Beanie and Evans late. Phone Post
8/24/11 10:38 PM
Gracie killar

Are you playing in a PPR league Joker? because your team is set up really well for PPR. Even non ppr its a damn good team well done man.

What pick did you have in your draft?
8/24/11 11:01 PM
TheRealJoker
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Are you playing in a PPR league Joker? because your team is set up really well for PPR. Even non ppr its a damn good team well done man.

What pick did you have in your draft?

Thanks, its a non ppr league and I picked 4th (1st rounder was Ray Rice). I think really highly of Rice's chances of breaking into the fantasy elite this year because Mcclain isn't taking away carries and he has the best battering ram in football Vonta Leach inside the 5. Also, Mcgahee isn't taking away carries (I don't think Ricky Williams will get as many goal line looks as Mcgahee did).

8/25/11 12:15 AM
Gracie killar

Nice man I took rice 2nd over all in one of my drafts. I handcuffed ricky not going to take a chance.
8/25/11 8:36 AM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice team Real Joker. I think Brady is going to have a stellar year and so should Rice. Mendenhall gets ALL the carries in Pitt.... he had 13td's last year. I originally was going to take a RB first round at #9 and it was between Mendenhall or Mccoy. I was going to take Mccoy only because of his potential to bust longer runs.. but you can't go wrong with either.

Do you start a flex spot in your league? Felix would be perfect there. I think you may have to work on your receivers a bit. Lloyd isn't likely to repeat last year and Welker is one of many WR's/TE in New England. I had Brady last year and couldn't believe how he spread the ball around... very similar to Brees. He just scans the field and finds the open guy a lot. Wayne will probably get a slow start with Manning out.
8/25/11 11:17 AM
Gracie killar

Caleb,

What are your thoughts on Felix Jones this season? I would consider reaching for him in PPR leagues maybe.
8/25/11 12:44 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Caleb,

What are your thoughts on Felix Jones this season? I would consider reaching for him in PPR leagues maybe.

Everything looks good with Felix Jones. I live here in Dallas and the Cowboys are my favorite team. With that said, I didn't have one player from their team on my fantasy line up last year. This year I picked up Felix because he will be getting all the carries, he has looked great in practice and in preseason games, he is great at catching passes, and they have some easy games... Washington, Buffalo, Seattle, Arizona, Detroit, etc.
The only thing you have to worry about with Felix is him getting injured.... he is known to get injured. I would say he is well worth the risk.
8/25/11 12:47 PM
Gracie killar

Cowboys fan as well man :) but I knew you were in Big D so you have a better perspective on the team that I would. That being said would choice or Murray be his primary handcuff?
8/25/11 2:54 PM
caleb

Murray would be his primary handcuff. No telling what happens to Choice at this point...he could even get traded. I've seen Choice play and he is not that good. He has some good moves here and there but for the most part he isn't that great. He was given a chance several times last year and didn't do well. Murray has huge upside potential but has also been dinged up and not able to practice much along with Choice. So it's Felix's job for the foreseeable future.
8/25/11 7:33 PM
leglockfan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm two hours away from my draft and doing some mocks to finalize some ideas. 

I am going to pretty much go your route caleb more or less. It is a 2 QB league but I don't think I am going to get a QB until probably round 7. Might end up with a weak QB crop but I'm playing it less than safe lol. I'll be playing it safe in my 12 team league. 
8/25/11 8:06 PM
Gracie killar

Good luck dude let us know how things turn out.
8/25/11 9:33 PM
TheRealJoker

caleb - Nice team Real Joker. I think Brady is going to have a stellar year and so should Rice. Mendenhall gets ALL the carries in Pitt.... he had 13td's last year. I originally was going to take a RB first round at #9 and it was between Mendenhall or Mccoy. I was going to take Mccoy only because of his potential to bust longer runs.. but you can't go wrong with either.

Do you start a flex spot in your league? Felix would be perfect there. I think you may have to work on your receivers a bit. Lloyd isn't likely to repeat last year and Welker is one of many WR's/TE in New England. I had Brady last year and couldn't believe how he spread the ball around... very similar to Brees. He just scans the field and finds the open guy a lot. Wayne will probably get a slow start with Manning out.

No flex spot, but I wanted to be deep at RB/WR for matchups. If I could do my draft over again I would've taken Antonio Gates over Wes Welker but there was a run on WRs up to that pick and I reached. I went Welker because I think he's still gonna be Brady's go-to guy and should approach 100+ catches again a year removed from his torn ACL.

In hindsight, after Welker the WR crop looked pretty similar imo. I took Brandon Lloyd because he was a breakout player with Orton and I don't believe baby Jesus will see the field at QB this season unless Orton gets hurt. Looking over my WR crop, I think i'm gonna start Lee Evans a lot this season even though he was my last WR picked. I think with Flacco he'll be a breakout player.

I'm not too worried about Reggie Wayne, I think he'll put up solid numbers. I wanted Dwayne Bowe but he went the pick before I took Wayne. I wish there wasn't a run on WRs but that's what made my WR crop less than stellar because I took advantage of value picks like getting Brady in the 2nd and Mendenhall in the 3rd (I couldn't pass him up!!!)
8/25/11 10:50 PM
leglockfan

Well my draft is done. 10 team draft starting 2 QBs and I had the #8 pick

QB - Josh Freeman
QB - Jason Campbell
RB - Rashad Mendenhall
RB - Matt Forte
RB/WR - Peyton Hillis (had Blount and Felix Jones targeted but Peyton was still on board)
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Mario Manningham
TE - Kellen Winslow
K - Sebas Janokowski
DEF - Falcons

BE - Fred Jackson
BE - Johnny Knox
BE - Mike Tolbert
BE - Willis McGahee
BE - Lee Evans
BE - Mike Sims-Walker
BE - Ronnie Brown

This is what I had planned in my mocks almost to a tee, especially the bench... so I guess I have to just see if I get lucky and these guys play well. 

8/25/11 11:12 PM
Gracie killar

You did pretty well man, Campbell as your second qb isn't great but again you're in a 2qb league so hard to have two studs under center. I like your starters at WR.

Your bench is ok if I were you I would drop ronnie brown and take a chance on Stevan Ridley of the pats he has show a lot this preseason.
8/25/11 11:16 PM
leglockfan

Gracie killar - You did pretty well man, Campbell as your second qb isn't great but again you're in a 2qb league so hard to have two studs under center. I like your starters at WR.

Your bench is ok if I were you I would drop ronnie brown and take a chance on Stevan Ridley of the pats he has show a lot this preseason.
Yeah I wasn't crazy about Campbell and I am a Raiders fan lol. I missed on Sam Bradford (1 pick before mine) so I let the 2nd QB slot slip until the 13th round and then got Campbell. 

I might do that with Brown, he was a round 16 prayer

8/26/11 12:18 AM
Gracie killar

Lee Evans actually looked pretty good tonight you might have a steal on your hands.
8/26/11 1:08 AM
leglockfan

Well for one right I might have done one wrong lol

I took Johnny Knox when Anquan Boldin was still available. I might regret that. 
8/26/11 1:56 AM
Gracie killar

Yeah that's not good specially since the bears really want roy williams starting over Knox.

Caleb what are your thoughts on this should I drop Jordan Shipley for Emmanuel Sanders in a ppr league? I totally missed out on Harry Douglas.
8/26/11 7:57 AM
TheRealJoker

I just realized tonight my two horses I want to ride to a championship (Rice/Mendenhall) are playing each other opening day!!! :-(

Do I go BPA for week 1 or go by history and say "never start a RB against Pitt or Balt"?
8/26/11 8:20 AM
caleb

TheRealJoker - I just realized tonight my two horses I want to ride to a championship (Rice/Mendenhall) are playing each other opening day!!! :-(

Do I go BPA for week 1 or go by history and say "never start a RB against Pitt or Balt"?

You stick with Rice and Mendenhall. Remember, these guys get ALL the carries for their teams. I have seen Rice torch Pitt before... I don't recall the Mendenhall torching Baltimore but that doesn't mean he hasn't or can't.
8/26/11 8:24 AM
caleb

Gracie killar - Yeah that's not good specially since the bears really want roy williams starting over Knox.

Caleb what are your thoughts on this should I drop Jordan Shipley for Emmanuel Sanders in a ppr league? I totally missed out on Harry Douglas.

Yes, I would do that. I think Emmanuel Sanders has more upside potential. A.J. Green is going to steal a lot of the catches away from Jordan. AJ has looked pretty dang good in preseason too. He is going to be an instant star. Too bad he is on a shit team though.
8/26/11 8:25 AM
caleb

leglockfan - Well for one right I might have done one wrong lol

I took Johnny Knox when Anquan Boldin was still available. I might regret that. 

Yeah, big mistake on that one. Anquan is going to have a solid year. You did will with picking up Lee Evans though.. he is a sleeper pick for sure.

Chicago is still going to have to depend on Knox. I can tell you now that Roy Williams is terrible and will not be very productive. He SUCKED here in Dallas... I wanted them to get rid of him so bad!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.