UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Fantasy Football Teams??

8/29/11 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leglockfan, Is Bradford your starting QB?

You'll have a stud lineup of RB's if Gore stays healthy the whole way.

And I like your Manningham pick. I think he's got great potential for a big year.
8/30/11 12:12 AM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I took Bradford to start. I played it a little risky but I think he is going to do really well. I didn't take a backup qb, I will just grab one for his week off the wire. 

8/30/11 6:35 AM
caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
caleb - Sorry to hear you like the Pats. You did great for a 12 team league. You got the too QB, top 3 RB, and 2 stud WR's along with some solid WR's. Bravo.

Dropping Ben Tate would be very wise. Did anyone draft Antonio Brown in your league? No? Go grab him quick.

lol, yeah I get a lot of heat cheering for the pats. I'm actually a little choked I got the Jets D for that reason. I didn't want them but couldn't pass it up when it came my way.

Yeah Brown is still available but I've already got Wallace. Not sure if I really want two receivers from the same team...

Get him and then trade him to someone else when they realize how much of a stud he is. Trade bait man!
8/30/11 9:25 AM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is most of my team, please eval, 12 team league:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR: Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Plax, Kevin Walter

TE: Gates, Owen Daniels

RB: Ryan Grant, Darren Sproles, Ben Green Ellis, Helu

D: Saints

K: Free Agent

I am missing a WR and have to drop a player to pick up a kicker, for Defense I am going to generally drop and add whomever is playing the Panthers or the Bengals.
8/30/11 10:08 AM
caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/30/11 1:37 PM
thePetester - Here is most of my team, please eval, 12 team league:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR: Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Plax, Kevin Walter

TE: Gates, Owen Daniels

RB: Ryan Grant, Darren Sproles, Ben Green Ellis, Helu

D: Saints

K: Free Agent

I am missing a WR and have to drop a player to pick up a kicker, for Defense I am going to generally drop and add whomever is playing the Panthers or the Bengals.

Stud QB, 2 stud WR's, Stud TE. You are hurting REAL bad with your RB'S. All the guys you have there split carries bigtime. You had an OK draft.
8/30/11 11:55 AM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think caleb meant RBs :)

And yes they are bad. You might be able to flip Owen Daniels and a back for a decent back. Maybe steal a good starter from someone
8/30/11 12:06 PM
thePetester

Yeah, I figured that was the analysis, just wanted to make sure I wasn't painting to good or bad a picture. We get points per catch, so I picked up Sproles in the 14th round. BJE had a lot of TDs last year, so in the 6th round, I figured it was a good pick. Hopefully, he will continue to produce. Any ideas for a good, not great RB, for any combo?
8/30/11 1:42 PM
caleb

BJE was a touchdown machine last year and it is possible he could duplicate that again this year.. but not many are expecting it. He may turn out to be a great pick... if he can duplicate those numbers. Grant will probably be the starter but will probably be slitting carries with Starks. Unless Starks gets hurt. It really just depends on how the year goes.
8/30/11 10:45 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on this do you usually set your lineups based on talent matchups gut feeling or a combination of the 3?
8/30/11 11:09 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Just wanted to get people's thoughts on this do you usually set your lineups based on talent matchups gut feeling or a combination of the 3?

talent first, then matchups for me. Top tier guys on my team will always play no matter who they face but for lower tier guys I play the match-ups a lot more.
8/31/11 2:24 AM
Royalt239

my drafted team was, and in order:
i was 2nd pick...

Aaron Rodgers
Frank Gore
Larry Fitzgerald
Chris Johnson
Jeremichael Finley
Donald Driver
Wes Welker
Chicago
Sam Bradford
Josh Brown
Chris Cooley
Percy Harvin
Braylon Edwards
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Seattle D

first thing i do is drop percy harvin, i soon realize it was a mistake and could not get him back from waivers i was priority number 2 and number 1 got him. HUGE MISTAKE by me. Then i release donald driver. In free agents i get beanie wells, and Mike Thomas WR/JAX. I trade Mike Thomas and Green-Ellis for Miles Austin and Zach Miller TE/SEA. I then drop chris cooley. Then i got Jacoby Ford on f/A figured it was a steal.

So Currently My roster is:

Aaron Rodgers
Larry Fitzgerald
Wes Welker
Miles Austin
Frank Gore
Beanie Wells
Jeremichael Finley
Braylon Edwards
Chris Johnson
Sam Bradford
Zach Miller
Jacoby Ford
Josh Brown
Chicago
Seattle.

First can i get a grade on my draft then my free agent moves. And i wrote all this to get input on something. I'm trying to get a big WR for Braylon Edwards and Either Jacoby ford or Wes Welker. Any Ideas on who I could get for either pair the 3? Should i even get rid of em i feel i need like a colston or harvin back but the kid says he doesnt wanna trade harvin :( . Sorry for all this but its my first fantasy team and my first time as commish and i may be a little booted, my bad.
8/31/11 3:37 AM
Royalt239

Sorry again, I'm thinking now of maybe trading frank gore for Mendenhall if the manager would okay it. Feelings? Phone Post
8/31/11 8:39 AM
leglockfan

Royalt239 -  Sorry again, I'm thinking now of maybe trading frank gore for Mendenhall if the manager would okay it. Feelings? Phone Post
I would do that if it was me. Especially straight up. 

Your Mike Thomas / Green-Ellis trade for Austin and Zach Miller was pretty solid I think you might be playing in a league with some scrubs honestly. 

8/31/11 8:58 AM
thePetester

"Sorry again, I'm thinking now of maybe trading frank gore for Mendenhall if the manager would okay it."

If he takes Gore for Mendenhall, you can't accept the trade fast enough. Gore is an injury machine and Mendenhall is going to rush for 1400+ yards this year, score at least 13 total TDs again and probably catch 30 balls if you are a ppr league.
8/31/11 9:17 AM
caleb

I'm not sure how you managed to get Aaron Rogers, Chris Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Frank Gore. Are you playing in a 4 team league or something? Either you are playing with retards or you don't have many people in the league.

Your team is very solid and trading Gore for Mendenhall would be a steal. Mendenhall is on a much better team and is a touchdown machine. Gore gets a lot of carries but is injury prone and he is always whining.
8/31/11 2:33 PM
Royalt239

im on a head to head league. Its a 10 person league. I got rodgers first then gore then fitz the johnson. no one wanted to risk johnson that early so i did. the kid i traded with thinks thomas was a steal but i dont think so at all.

And im trying to trade braylon edwards and jacoby ford or edwards and welker for a big name wr like roddy white? any thoughts on the 2 i should trade and who i can get for em?

and can i get a draft and post draft grading please...
8/31/11 3:51 PM
caleb

Royalt239 - im on a head to head league. Its a 10 person league. I got rodgers first then gore then fitz the johnson. no one wanted to risk johnson that early so i did. the kid i traded with thinks thomas was a steal but i dont think so at all.

And im trying to trade braylon edwards and jacoby ford or edwards and welker for a big name wr like roddy white? any thoughts on the 2 i should trade and who i can get for em?

and can i get a draft and post draft grading please...

So wait a minute.. you are telling me you got Chris Johnson in the 4th round of your draft and fitz in the 3rd round? How did these players last so long in your draft? CJ went first round in our draft.. was the 4th pick. You are playing FF with a bunch of crack heads man.

Alright, Braylon Edwards and Jacoby Ford are Garbage in FF. Neither of them were drafted in our league. If you can trade them for Roddy White.. that would be as downright shocking as you taking CJ2K in the 4th round of your draft.

You have an awesome team man.. you did really well in your draft.
8/31/11 3:51 PM
Royalt239

mendenhall n bradshaw for frank gore n fitxgerald?
8/31/11 3:55 PM
caleb

Royalt239 - mendenhall n bradshaw for frank gore n fitxgerald?

That is technically a fair trade but I don't see any reason for you to make it.
8/31/11 4:04 PM
Royalt239

How's this I give up wells, Fitzgerald, and gore for britt or maclin, Mendenhall and Bradshaw? Phone Post
8/31/11 4:12 PM
caleb

Royalt239 - How's this I give up wells, Fitzgerald, and gore for britt or maclin, Mendenhall and Bradshaw? Phone Post

I don't see any reason for you to do that either. Your team is fine the way it is.
8/31/11 4:45 PM
Royalt239

promise last thing im gonna do fitzgerald and wells for maclin and mendenhall and try and trade gore for a top 5-10 Wr
9/6/11 4:58 PM
Shane Sherk

Who, who, who do I start in week 1?

Josh Freeman vs. Detroit? Detroit has looked great in the pre-season and their defensive line has greatly improved since the last year?. TB has a questionable O line.

or

Kevin Kolb vs. Carolina? Carolina sucks ass. It's Kolb's debut.

What say you?
9/6/11 5:20 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a tough decision I will say freeman as he has a lot more time with the bucs than kolb does with the cards.
9/6/11 8:37 PM
caleb

There is a sit em start em thread. Post it there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.