UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jay Hieron has a lot to say about Ben Askren

8/22/11 4:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayzieTheSavage
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/22/11 8:43 PM
www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Zeus
 Last Updated on Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:47

There is no possible way I will retell the string of bad luck Jay Hieron has endured since 2008. There's already a large chance that a piano may fall on your head at a later point in the day just by reading this article. Whenever some negative improbable scenario happens in your life, you've been 'Hieroned' -- and it will stick with you for the rest of your life.

Some of you missed the Hieron vs. Riggs bout from 2010, Jay Hieron's final fight for Strikeforce at Strikeforce Miami. Some of you meaning every person that wasn't inside the BankAtlantic Center on January 30th 2010. In 2009, Riggs vs. Hieron was included in the main event of the above mentioned card and everyone finally got a full-nights sleep with the knowledge that Jay Hieron would finally get some respect from the universe. Wrong. We were all wrong. Wes Sims and his pro-wrestling dialect decided to bump the Hieron vs. Riggs fight to anundercard and we all sat there on our sofas in a hopeless state of despair. A few days later, EA Sports MMA announced they would stream the fight live on their site, free of charge. Their intentions were good, but the technology was straight out of Bedrock. Not the diatomaceous rock or the Lil' Wayne song. We're talking about the city where you had to power your car via your blister ridden feet. Life in Bedrock must have been rough, but still not as rough as not being able to see Hieron vs. Riggs. The screen went black within three seconds of the bout and the feed didn't return until the moment after the fight ended.

Yeah, that's the kind of luck Jay Hieron has.

Now that Hieron is sitting on the edge of a title shot against Ben Askren, we caught up with him to get his take on the guy I've personally deemed to be 'the new Sakuraba.'

8/22/11 4:08 PM
LayzieTheSavage
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/22/11 4:09 PM
LayzieTheSavage

www.middleeasy.com
8/22/11 4:18 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

askren
8/22/11 4:52 PM
Joe Rogan
1099 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait a minute, Askren is the new Sakuraba? He's obviously a great wrestler and a great prospect, but how did you make the Sakuraba connection?
8/22/11 4:54 PM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - Wait a minute, Askren is the new Sakuraba? He's obviously a great wrestler and a great prospect, but how did you make the Sakuraba connection?

I also was confused by this comparison...

TBidness
8/22/11 5:51 PM
sside maurice
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great wrestler, great prospect, and a bit cocky pretty much sums it up. I've met him twice, and he was cool both times. His wife is a sweetheart. It'll be interesting to see how quickly his striking improves under Duke.
8/22/11 6:18 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's the new Chack Lydal

8/22/11 6:33 PM
SuMBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren used to use a lot of weird tie-ups back in the day, I haven't been able to see him fight.. but he probably still has an unothodox style and Layzie being confused by what he saw and made a connection to Sakuraba who really was nothing like Ben.
8/22/11 6:43 PM
caposa
1655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea Askren is going to be something special one day,  but lets not get crazy with the Sakuraba shit

good interview though Layzie, thanks
8/22/11 8:39 PM
LayzieTheSavage

Joe Rogan - Wait a minute, Askren is the new Sakuraba? He's obviously a great wrestler and a great prospect, but how did you make the Sakuraba connection?

LoL I didn't write the article bud, just did the interview. 
Gotta hit up Zeus about that one.
8/22/11 9:21 PM
MiddleEasy

His wrestling prowess mixed with his unorthodox jits. I always get called out on it whenever I bring up the comparison. It may be too early to call it, but at this current time I'm comfortable making that assumption.
8/22/11 9:23 PM
MiddleEasy

Edited: 08/22/11 9:23 PM
8/22/11 9:54 PM
RKing85
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like Hieron chances if he gets in the ring with Askren.
8/23/11 12:14 AM
LayzieTheSavage

caposa - yea Askren is going to be something special one day,  but lets not get crazy with the Sakuraba shit

good interview though Layzie, thanks

LOL Thanks bud. 
8/23/11 12:34 AM
hubris
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OHHHHH SHIIIIT
8/23/11 12:46 AM
Jampage Rackson

Hieron was gifted that decision over Hawn... Good interview though. Phone Post
8/23/11 12:45 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

askren by total domination

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.