UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub Hopes 4 Title Shot w/ Big Win Ovr Big Nog

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/23/11 5:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
J-Tee
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC Quick Quote: Brendan Schaub hopes to earn title shot with win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Photo

"When they were asking people to fight, no one said anything. Then when the fight got confirmed, it was like, 'I wish I had that fight.' Yeah, you weren't saying that before. I'm not OCD about it, but I definitely set goals, and I'm smart about my future, that's for sure. That would be five wins straight. If I can beat Nogueira convincingly in his own backyard, I think you look at the layout of the heavyweight division, and I've got a good argument for it."

-- In a division that will feature Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos fighting over the heavyweight championship, and Alistair Overeem apparently on the verge of busting down the door, is Brendan Schaub anywhere near a title shot? He believes a win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 134 on Aug. 27 would earn him the opportunity. His argument (via SI.com) is simple: A victory would mean he's won five in a row, at least three of those being finishes, in a somewhat shallow weight class and he will have done so in "Big Nog's" backyard in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. That sound like a championship resume to you?

8/23/11 5:46 PM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justinmacd - I guess he must've had some brain damage after getting KO'd by Big Country.

Still needs to beat Mir after this one.
this lol Phone Post
8/23/11 5:49 PM
ajsr
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy can't be serious.
8/23/11 5:50 PM
clattymine
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wins by a fantastic KO or soemthing, they'll push him through I bet.
8/23/11 6:03 PM
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For some reason, Mir/Scrub makes sense...........
8/23/11 6:04 PM
JTfromCharlotte

Any of the current true heavyweight contenders (Velasquez, Dos Santos, Lesnar, etc) would chew up Schaub, spit him out, shit on him and walk away without breaking a sweat.
8/23/11 6:05 PM
RJJH
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF he beats Nog, then he needs 1 more win before even TALKING about a title shot.

and I am a fan of his! 
8/23/11 6:07 PM
illegal shots to the head ko'd sexyama
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this guy serious?
8/23/11 6:10 PM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol - this guy can't get past Nelson and he wants a title shot because he beats a few fighters in the twilight of their careers? Time to wake up Schaub. This guy... Sheesh! Phone Post
8/23/11 6:10 PM
TheShogunEra

He is going to lose
8/23/11 6:15 PM
ThatsHowIRoll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many times is he going to say this? He hasn't got enough fans to talk his way into a shot and he definitely hasn't done enough in the octagon. Would love to see Nog choke him out and shut him up...... At least while hes unconscious
8/23/11 6:15 PM
heavyweightmma

Schaub should fight an actual top contender in the HW division, like Mir or someone like that. Cro Cop, Gonzaga, Tuscherer, and Gomley are not top HW contenders.
8/23/11 6:16 PM
THP

Feed him to overeem. PLEASE feed him to overeem
8/23/11 6:19 PM
Enemies

Last time I checked Big Nog was no longer the gatekeeper.
8/23/11 6:28 PM
Hocky Balboa
11956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/23/11 6:33 PM
J-Tee
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THP - Feed him to overeem. PLEASE feed him to overeem

and LOL @ This!

8/23/11 6:35 PM
dannyglover

I have no respect for calling out guys passed their prime and trying to get an easy title shot. At the very least he should have to fight Brock or another contender from the last couple years before he gets the shot.
8/23/11 6:49 PM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jordan gif sums it up better than I could say

the funny thing is cro cop was beating him til he landed that shot behind the ear
8/23/11 7:20 PM
Mr Sponge
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew -
Justinmacd - I guess he must've had some brain damage after getting KO'd by Big Country.

Still needs to beat Mir after this one.
this lol Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
8/23/11 7:28 PM
Formulate Infinity

delusional
8/23/11 7:30 PM
raf_269
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No no no Brendan, not that easy lol.

Even if he beats Nog convincingly, Schaub still needs to fight and beat a top HW contender or two before any consideration for a title shot. And anyone at the top of that HW ladder would put Schaub down fairly easy.
8/23/11 7:31 PM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If and it's a big if. He deserves a contender fight. But not an immediate shot Phone Post
8/23/11 7:35 PM
FryedTakayama
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ilovejesus - This guy vs carwin PLEASE Dana ! Phone Post
Would never happen..... Phone Post
8/23/11 7:49 PM
ANT_P1989
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! A TITLE SHOT?! -___- I wanna see you beat Carwin, Brock, or Mir DECISIVELY, b4 you earn a title shot...Defeating Big Nog just means you're almost read for the big boys, then again you got knocked out cold by Big Country.....Brendan has skills, but tack on a top contender win and then expect s shot.... Phone Post
8/23/11 8:00 PM
AsimpleFan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think he gets an automatic title shot no matter how impressive the win is.  I do think Schaub vs. Dos Santos would be a great fight though. If JDS beats Cain of course.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.