UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jason Reinhardt released by the UFC

8/24/11 4:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Jason Reinhardt hoped to reinvigorate himself by dropping down to bantamweight for his last fight.

He may have done that, but his loss to Edwin Figueroa at UFC on Versus 5 10 days ago was enough for the promotion to hand him his walking papers. Sources close to Reinhardt told MMA Fighting on Tuesday that Reinhardt has been released by the UFC.

Reinhardt, who was the oldest active fighter in the UFC, was in his second stint with the promotion. All three of his career losses came in UFC fights.

read entire article...

8/24/11 4:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HowstastemybigPEEPEE
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's the oldest fighter under UFC contract now? Phone Post
8/24/11 5:11 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

back to fighting the mid west cans to pad that record.
8/24/11 5:23 AM
JohnnyChrist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep your head up Jason!
8/24/11 5:29 AM
Easytarget
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has fought some tough guys, but some people on his record weren't so stellar. How do those matchups happen? Where a guy with a lot of wins fights somebody with a bad record? Is it just a lack of opponents?
8/24/11 5:36 AM
illegal shots to the head ko'd sexyama
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyChrist - Keep your head up Jason!

8/24/11 7:35 AM
TheMorg826
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

noooooo. a couple more wins and you'll be back in the big show, where you belong for life!
8/24/11 8:22 AM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

terrible fighter huh? thanks a lot.
8/24/11 8:29 AM
StratTone
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh don't sweat it. If they only had a clue the amount of work it took to become a fighter they would never say anything like that. Hope to see you back man and if not you need to be on a freaking stage telling jokes!!!! That clip with you talking to Karo (if I remember correct) was great. lol You seem like a fun crazy dude.

Congrats on making it to the big show and hopefully working your way back.
8/24/11 8:40 AM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyway, no big deal. haters hate. i chose this life. i need to be able to take any critisism that comes my way. i think i do a pretty good job at it. :) thanks everyone for the support. i love the fans! we have the greatest fans in the world! No excuses. i got beat. what if i would have got the rear naked finished when i had Edwin's back? I have nobody to blame but myself. it's on my mind 24/7. trust me. this is my life. i was in great great shape. my coaches did a fantastic job. i didn't do one single thing we trained for. i'm very dissapointed in myself. i will come back better. i am improving daily. i am moving full time to vegas to continue. i don't quit. i just can't wait to be with my team full time. Wand Fight Team. much respect to all, jason reinhardt
8/24/11 8:45 AM
keepthechange

Dooky Belt Deluxe - fuck... unless every one of your pro fights are in the UFC the fucking losers on this board will call your recorded padded... guess what dicks? you have to work to get into the UFC... Jason fought who was in front of him, the fact that they werent UFC fighters isnt his problem. now STFU with all the hating!!!!

I got your back Jason!!!

Maybe you should check out his record and the record of his opponents before you pledge allegiance to him blindly
8/24/11 9:15 AM
crowbar
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/11 9:24 AM

Hating or calling it how we see/read it? IIRC .....I think I read on here where Jason was the match-maker or in cahoots with the match-maker/promoter that could/would serve up some Ham-n-Eggers to himself in one of the promotions.

8/24/11 9:20 AM
pewnt78
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easytarget - He has fought some tough guys, but some people on his record weren't so stellar. How do those matchups happen? Where a guy with a lot of wins fights somebody with a bad record? Is it just a lack of opponents?

DISCLAIMER: I am not judging Jason Reinhardt. Just giving a few possible answers to Easytarget's question. Sorry to hear that you were cut Jason. Ignore all the "keep you chin up" crap! It's Hands up, chin down, keep moving forward! :) .

Easytarget,

A) The fighter/Management is trying to pad a record to make the fighter look like a world beater, when in reality they have never been tested by a "A" level opponent.

B) The Fighter/management has no other offers.

C) The fighter will fight a kangaroo if they can get the gloves on it.
8/24/11 9:24 AM
Fake Pie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect any fighter for doing something I never could, but that last fight was terrible to watch.
8/24/11 9:29 AM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good attitude Jason.I wish u well in ur up coming fights
8/24/11 10:09 AM
FedorWand

I guess you should be 150% ready for a fight next time and not a "WAR".

I know thats an unfair dig and i apologize but I'll root against Fedor or Wandy if they start saying "its gonna be a WAR or im reeady for a WAR". To me theres no difference between the douche who wears to much affliction clothing to BWW to watch the fight and a fighter who says that..........its a fight not a War. You want a war go to Libya or Iraq and let me know how much of a war you are ready for.

Its a corny saying and hope every fighter who says it loses until they stop trying to sound like a wanna-be tough guy

Sorry, end of my rant...............anywho, Jason you have skill & I wish you all the best in the future
8/24/11 10:23 AM
nostripewhite

How is it fighter bashing to point out that he hasn't faced anyone noteworthy outside of the UFC?

Good on him for doing what he loves and working hard at it, but his record outside the UFC speaks for itself.
8/24/11 10:28 AM
FedorWand

nostripewhite - How is it fighter bashing to point out that he hasn't faced anyone noteworthy outside of the UFC?

Good on him for doing what he loves and working hard at it, but his record outside the UFC speaks for itself.

Bc its not in line with there view........you have to remember on the UG now if you differ from anothers opinion you are fighter bashing, a troll, a noob, a TUF noob or any one of a hundred derogatory terms.

8/24/11 10:32 AM
ten8round

I used to have the odd dig at Jason about his opponents BEFORE he stepped up to the UFC , which was fair enough I think .

as soon as he sacked up and got in there with the UFC guys I shut my whore mouth and gave him the respect he deserves .

simple as that IMO . Phone Post
8/24/11 10:38 AM
mixedmartialfarts
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear about the cut Jason. Keep improving in your training and I'm sure you'll get back into the big show. Much respect!
8/24/11 10:50 AM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck, Jason. 
8/24/11 11:09 AM
Jason Reinhardt

i'm not gonna lie. i'm having a bad day today. I'm human. I have feelings. I train just as hard as anyone. many tell me i over train and to slow down. i know only one speed. i come from the work ethic of miletich fighting systems. i love pat miletich for that. can i vent for a second? each and every one of us fighters have our battles. our struggles. it's called life. heck, each and everyone one of you have your own battles. you guys get up, go to work, support your familys, get up and do it all over again. even if your not an mma fighter, your, a "Warrior" in your own right! lifes rough. but the important thing is never to give up, no matter what. i make no excuses. i hate fucking excuses. i hate it when fighters make excuses for their losses. that drives me crazy. i guess i'm a little old school. some critics like to say, i'm a can crusher, or whatever the hell they call it. Don't they understand when i was fighting there basically were no weight classes? there were no commissions. we all got paid yes, but i always faught whoever my manager told me too. my job was to train, and show up and fight. i did my job, and did it well. every single fight i ever faught the guys always out weighed me. (with the exception of one) (even for official title fights which were suppose to be 135lbs.)
Ray Duke for example, from Arizona was a 4x highschool state wrestling champion who outweighed me by 15 pounds and Dan Severn told me, "jason, he's forfeited his right for the title" "the belts yours" "he didn't make weight" "you don't have to fight" I respond, "fuck that Dan, we are fighting. I have all my friends and family here. "Let's fight" and fight we did. He dropped me in the first with a left, broke my nose and i got my ass up and finished him. Nobody told me he was a 2x Golden Gloves Champion. Did Ray fight anymore after that? once or twice. i was told his spirit was kinda broken when he didn't take the belt back to Arizona.
Or, let's talk about Sean Yoshida, the 2x national Judo champion i faught in my very first pro mma fight in the year 2000. Ya, i did Judo. i was a white belt and use to watch this stud throw people on their "domes" at all the judo tournaments. He was sponsored by "Sony" and i use to watch him and admire his skills. Guess what? a year later he was my first pro mma fight. The promoter comes to me, "jason, sorry, your original opponent from travis fultons school couldn't make it and all we got is Sean Yoshida, and he's too much for your first pro fight" My exact response, "fuck that Brian Madden,(god rest Brian's soul) I will fight him." Again, i had tons of tickets sold and people drove 3 hours to watch me fight. i don't want to let one single fan down! EVER. I live for the mma fans! period. honestly, i thought i was gonna lose my first pro mma fight, until Jeremy Horn (who's in my corner) looks me in the eyes, and says, "jason, this is fighting, it's not judo" "i was scared, i'm man enough to admit it." Well, guess what, the "can crusher" choked the Judo olympic hopefull out in 36 seconds. oh ya, i weighed in at 132. he weighed in like 147.
can i please mention the "experienced" Del "the phillipino Delight" Hawkins, who was my 5th pro fight, who also once again, out weighed me for the RSF title belt. They announced him something like 55 wins, 8 losses in Rage in the Cage out of Arizona. Jens "Little Evil" Pulver was in my corner for this one. Jen's says, "Jason, he's gonna high kick you, I watched him warming up" "When he throws that high kick, i want you keeping your hands high, and throwing a straight right counter down the middle. (thank you pat miletich for teaching us this counter) I did just that and Jeremy horn told me it was one of the nastiest cuts he's ever seen at the time. this is where it went bad...I got too excited, tried spinning to Hawkins back from standing, (didn't know what i was doing back then) Anyway, i end up on my back, spun for the arm lock, hit it, didn't hook the leg, Hawkins picks me up, power bombs me. i hit my neck on the wood floor. (that story next) wood floor!! i wasn't letting go of the armlock for shit. He picked me up again, power bombs me again, but this time the armlock got sunk even tighter. he taps. i win. my neck is broken. c5 c6, and cracked vertebre.
hawkins goes to the hospital, gets some stitches, and was back fighting in a couple months. Jason Reinhardt is out a year and a half, and was told he would never be able to train again. Ya right. ok, doc. Instead i make it to the UFC.
Wanna hear a story....The promoter Randy Greenman at the time, had guys like myself, sean sherk, karo parision, manny gamburian (sp)?, chris Lyttle, steve berger. all these world class athletes. Randy paid very well. however, randy, lust like we all sometimes do, had his own deamons. First of all, when they were putting the ring together (yes, ring, not cage) i noticed they weren't placing the half inch or whatever it is padding over the plywood. i ask the guys, "what happened to the padding"? "It got wet last night in the rain" "i didn't really give a shit, i was just curious. Heck, the way i looked at it, i faught many street fights on concrete, so whats the damn difference, right? Well, the shitty part is, Randy didn't pay my medical bills, or have insurance. remember, no commissions!! it all came out of my pocket. It actually put me into bankruptcy, and was the start of my financial troubles.
Randy Greenman was found a couple years ago with his head cut off in the woods, shot execution style, with his innocent friend who happened to be getting just a ride home killed as well. look it up. st. louis post dispatch. you live by the sword, you sometimes die with it. Randy did. RIP Randy.
Let's move on so the fucking can crusher can tell ya a little more...how about the tough ass Jorge Conger from Ohio who screwed his full ride ohio state wrestling scholarship up who was kicking the shit out of me at Legends of fighting championships in indianapolis indiana, only for me to come back and win. Ask Spencer "the king Fisher" all about that War! He was in my corner. Jorge was also bigger than me. No big deal. I will fight anyone. i wish jorge would have continued. He could have really gone far.
How about the young Jorge Santiago who i faught in King of the Cage at the Stampede Stadium in Calgary Canada. He was also kicking my ass and i won. That's one of my only fights thats on you tube. I kept all the other off on purpose because the advice of other people telling me it gives my opponents an advantage. fuck that. it's time to put some old school stuff up.
i could go on and on. did i ever fight some easy oppoenents? Well, i really don't know what that truly means. Because every single time you step your two feet inside that cgae with 4 ounce gloves anything can happen. How about the guy they brought in to fight me last min. who weighed exactly 192 pounds, and i weighed 139lbs. Try fighting someone who outweighes you this much in front of your own hometown. Well, the can crusher knocked him out.
my point is guys. Yes, i do feel like i have to defend myself. finally!! i've kept quiet for so long regarding this subject, and all i want is acceptance from the fans. from you guys. i give my heart, my soul, and every ounce of being in my body to mma. this is my life. I am improving every single day. Heck, i'm even picking up my family and moving to Vegas to pursue my dream. i am no quitter. Can't i get a little respect? I don't fucking suck. i am a decent fighter, and i'm improving daily. please please don't give up on me!! much respect to all.
8/24/11 11:13 AM
Jason Reinhardt

shit you guys, i got so many people in my ear, saying don't say this, don't say that, do this do that, you look like an idiot if you say this, your runining your image? what fucking image. I am the most down to earth guy you will ever want to meet. i love people. i am who i am. i am a REAL MOFO. if you don't like me, that's cool. i am not changing who i am for nobody. i kinda like myself these days.
8/24/11 11:14 AM
FedorWand

Edited: 08/24/11 11:16 AM
 For the love of God..............STOP CALLING IT A WAR. Its a goddamn fight............nothing more.

Jeezus H christ!!!! 

Yes you are a decent fighter and no you dont suck but just be the down to earth guy you say you are & stop using the wanna-be tough guy catch phrases. You seem like a very kewl guy who would be fun to train with & drink with
8/24/11 11:15 AM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this crying from the sidelines about your record comes from guys who probably either don't train or have some personal problem with you.  Lots of people appreciate how much excruciating work a long-term fighting career takes.  I would have zero chance of ever fighting in the UFC no matter how much I trained.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.