UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jason Reinhardt released by the UFC

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/24/11 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StratTone
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/11 3:10 PM
Jason Reinhardt
8/24/11 3:11 PM
StratTone
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - stattone, thanks man. i'm not going anywhere. i wish some of these guys would step on the matt with me for 10 min. that would be a lot of fun!! :)

Man that would be a HUGE eye opener for alot of people. I would imagine that alot if not most of the people "talking" have never even been in a fight in there life much less have a clue how good a fighter has to be to get in the UFC. I have a personal rule of mine. "if someone's ears look like a fortune cookie, I don't care how big they are......I'm walking away from this one". ;) Keep your head head you don't make it to the big leagues unless your a bad ass to begin with.
8/24/11 3:15 PM
Pikey0303
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR reindhart Phone Post
8/24/11 3:16 PM
Pikey0303

Edit * WAR Reinhardt lol

Damn I phone Phone Post
8/24/11 3:18 PM
crowbar
909 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/11 4:51 PM
While I have never stepped into the cage,I can say that I have had the opportunity to work for 6 different promotions in Ca.My responsibilities have included everything from being a glove & fighter wrangler,to being on the road & cage crew.Not only that,but I have been involved with the matchmaking process & also been a judge on two different occasions.         
8/24/11 3:22 PM
Tad Ghostal
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason,

I have read all your posts on this thread and love hearing the backround stories on your fights but I was wondering if I could ask why you have such a gaudy record? You were 8-0 in 2001, why didn't you move or at least travel to different areas to challenge better fighters than the ones you were beating in the mid-west?
8/24/11 5:33 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/11 6:03 PM
Tad,
Great point bro. I wish i would have done a lot of things different in my life. (in my mma life) (because this is my life, MMA. I have no other life. You ask why didn't i move? i know bro. I should have. After i broke my neck in the Hawkins title fight and was out a year and a half. i still trained with my damn hallo/brace on. I was bound and damn determined not to give up, and i didn't. I recovered and i would drive 3 hours each way just to train at the famous miletich fighting systems. heck man, i slept on an abandoned kitchen floor with an air mattress in one fighter house. Jen's Pulver (World champs) bedroom was on the lower level. It was a big fighter house. nd old house.
then one day this big, huge guy comes walking up to the door with his bags. i said to jen's , "who's that" he replies, "oh, that's tim silvia, that's the guy from boston" We had them come and go. most wouldn't last a week. now Tim, he was a different animal. He relocated to mfs to train. And train he did. Tim was an animal and rarely do you see a fighter like Tim who was bound ass determined to make it, despite not even being able to jump rope the first day at class. Tim is my buddy. later on in 2007, he let me stay in his house to train for Joe Lauzon 2007. (ufc 127) i was broke. i had no money. i was still trying to make it. hell, i'm still broke. ha ha.
i kinda got off track here. sorry. (my ADD kicks in right about now) lol. but, to answer your question, i wished i would have moved my family to iowa, but i was scared. scared to be honest. you want me to be brutally honest dont ya? i lived in decatur illinois, i have my family who i am extremely close to (god bless em) my wife of 18 yrs. our daughter. i also have, or had a small business which allowed me the freedom to travel to iowa and train. i use to make great money, and that all went to shit because i was always gone training and didn't pay attention. i wanted to make it so damn bad. i was willing to give it all up. and give it all up, i sure did. my poor wife. i feel a lot of guilt. am i selfish, i often ask myself? all i want is what any serious, professional fighter has these days. a little financial freedom for their family. i will drive a piece of shit car. i need nothing. this isn't about jason reinhardt.
anyway, it all get's so confusing at times. but i'm a very positive person who trusts in GOD. The great news is, i'm 41 now, almost 42, and i finally got the courage, the balls to live my life and be happy. to move my family. to give my daughter outside opportunity's, other than this shithole of a town i've stuck them in for all these damn years. i travelled so much to train. heck one title fight going back and forth to iowa i put over 7000 miles just making the drive back and forth to train. often times i had to drive back, to work in the morning. then, get up and do it all over again.
it's all about the 2 most important people in my life, my wife and daughter. they desrve a better life. i've put them through literal hell with this sport. but that's ok, because i've always looked my wife in the eyes and told her, "i can't always promise you victory, but if you stick by my side and suffer now, i guarantee you it's all gonna be worth it oneday" And that oneday will soon come, and i will not give up until those 2 girls of mine are living a confortable life. i don't need a damn thing. i am a fighter, through and through.
Tad, there's more to it, but i hate to ramble. i'm told i should write a book or someone should do a fighter documentary about my life? it would be an insteresting story, that's for sure. i just want to give back man. i love people. i love helping people. i love seeing young fighters trying to make it and then the smile on their face when they do make it. i get it. i understand it just as much as anyone.
When i get settled into vegas, sleep in my own bed, and come home from training just a few miles from the gym, and do it 3 x a day, i will improve so much, it's so exciting to think about. it's all i dream of. you have to understand, i also opened the 2nd affiliation mma gym under miltetich fighting systems, after i recovered from my neck injury. UFC 7x world champ Pat Miletich awarded me my black belt under his mma system in 2004. (which out of the 6 black belts i earned, this one, and the one in kajukenbo (promoted by mike griffin) i am most proud. so, oneday, i want to coach.
Anyway, i spent a lot of time coaching and not worrying about myself so to speak. Again, no excuses, but it's tough being a fighter at this level, running a gym, coaching and also promoting mma shows so these guys could have a place to tune their skill sets. if i made a few bucs promoting, great. but trust me, the time i put into promoting mma shows, there's no money in it. (unless your putting a lot of asses in the seats)
In closing thank you for you even asking me any of this stuff, or being interested. make no mistake, i am not going anywhere. before i had a fire lit under my ass, now it's become a flaming torch! i hope this answered some of your question? much respect, sincerely, jason reinhardt
8/24/11 5:59 PM
damaebushi
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live your life on your terms, in a way that you can be proud of.  It only matters what you think and those whom you love/love you.  The rest have their ideas and opinions and are entitled to them.  They only matter as much as you allow them too.  If you can look inside of yourself and be okay with what you see, if every day you strive to be a better man than you  were yesterday, that is good enough.  Don't waste too much time and energy on what people that don't matter do or say.  Trust me, I've lived it since March of 1994.

Respectfully:

Fred
8/24/11 6:03 PM
FedorWand

Jason Reinhardt - fedor, i didn't realize i was calling anything a war in these posts. but honestly, in that cage is about the closest thing you can get to a war without a gun. it sure feels like war in there. :) By the way, have you ever faught? just curious?

Yes I have fought when I lived in New Orleans but that wa back in 2000...........Ive been blind in my left eye since i was 2 and im completely adapted to it but now with all the new rules & regulations I cant get pass the States A.C unless an eye doc says everything is fine & no doc is going to put his career on the line for some random guy.

Im sorry, but my dad was in the O.N.I, 2 oldest brothers were SEALS, 2 more brothers who are close to retirement plus ive been in a lot of street fights when i was younger & dumb and nothing about it felt like anything my family described to me as a WAR.

Im really not trying to be a dick.....i work with guys in the DFW area with their diet and S & C as well as roll myself so I know the level of dedication it takes. They get up at 3 am to train with me then go to work for 8-10 hrs then go train their stand-up or roll 5 days a week 18 hr days just to get to the big leagues.

Getting punched in the face with 4 oz gloves is nothing like a WAR in any way............sorry but im never going to believe it and its always going to sound like a wanna-be tough guy

No disrespect intended & I think with a few tweaks you have what it takes to get back to the big leagues
8/24/11 6:28 PM
Auswilliam
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for wearing your heart on your sleeve jason.

Fuck the haters they are usually too young to know any better.
8/24/11 8:14 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He never answered why fighting 0-5 Cody Larson made sense and that question struck a nerve.

Crowbar simply asked it.

The response became an aggressive one implying Crowbar contributes nothing, etc.

Reinhardt is a GREAT guy.

Damn right he has feelings just like EVERYONE.

I would love it if his management addressed the reasoning behind matching an 0-5 guy vs an undefeated fighter with 20 pro bouts.

But I don't believe that's Jason's doing.

He was paid to fight and did just that.

Shame his management's choices paint him in such a manner. Phone Post
8/24/11 9:31 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason was cool to me back in the day, we traded some emails about a decade ago. I asked him for advice since I was a shrimp fighting bigger dudes. He was (still is) a great fighter, in more ways than one.
8/25/11 2:03 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Reinhardt, i stopped by Wand Fight Team today, talked to Wanderlei for about 10 mins, great guy!
8/25/11 2:54 AM

Reinhardt, I gotta admit I have not watched too many of your fights but I know for years, you were getting criticized in this board for allegedly padding your record prior to making your UFC debut.
However, after reading your posts here I gotta say I will be cheering for you from this point on forward. Good luck with your transitioning to Vegas and hope you make your way back to UFC again in near future.
8/25/11 9:47 AM
whoabro

Jason, you seem like a good dude. Best of luck in the future! :)
8/25/11 12:50 PM
Dawkins

Edited: 08/25/11 3:57 PM
Any chance we could get some weight lifting advice?..You looked jacked!
8/25/11 12:57 PM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rarely do we have a pro fighter come here and share as much as Jason has in this thread - I for one appreciate the mind's eye view. Thanks Jason, good luck!
8/25/11 3:36 PM
Traditionalist

Jason Reinhardt - winston wolf, we have 2 choices in life...you can sit around a cry over spilled milk, or you can get your ass up and do something about it. i don't cry over spilled milk! fall down 7x, get up 8

I'd like to say, before this thread on the UG I was not a fan, but not a hater either. I was indifferent.

You are a great person. A true warrior. Going back to the UFC is often a goal for fighters which you had your go. Wanting to go back, is a real test of character. You want to go to war in a fight. A 'war' is not only for the fans, but something inside of you as a fighter who wants to prove something. Prove you can get into the trenches and pull out the win even when outnumbered, out skilled, and out armed.

I am/was in a predicament like yourself. Fighting men who you know are legit competition, but its unsanctioned, regional, amateur, or otherwise. You fight men better than you and win off of heart and dedication. When you get to the big leagues, they get bashed, and your work seems small. Friend, let me say that its best to forget the haters. Who cares if a reporter criticizes you? Or a kid on a forum? It is more memorable to go out on your shield. Fight guys with a better pedigree than you. Go to war. Go out with heart.

If you feel lost, pick up a new skill. If you fall down, pull a man into your guard. If you get hit, do not go out, keep on swinging. You will be back in the UFC. Just keep plugging away.
8/25/11 3:57 PM
Dawkins

Dawkins - Any chance we could get some weight lifting advice?..You looked jacked!

8/25/11 4:54 PM

MattBenwa - Rarely do we have a pro fighter come here and share as much as Jason has in this thread - I for one appreciate the mind's eye view. Thanks Jason, good luck!

This

I was never a fan nor a hater of Jason, but this thread has turned me into one now. Best wishes, Reinhardt
8/25/11 9:09 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Reinhardt.

Or Cody Larson. Phone Post
8/26/11 11:44 AM
Team GDP
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

720 - 
MattBenwa - Rarely do we have a pro fighter come here and share as much as Jason has in this thread - I for one appreciate the mind's eye view. Thanks Jason, good luck!

This

I was never a fan nor a hater of Jason, but this thread has turned me into one now. Best wishes, Reinhardt

this

good luck man

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.