UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> grappling shin guards??

8/25/11 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SidRival
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looking into getting a new pair of instep guards. want to pick up a pair of grappling guards this time cause the velcro was a pain in the ass. really leaning towards the Kanpeki elite right now. bought the headgear a few months ago and it's one of the best investments i've made. has anyone used the Kanpeki shin pads? how do they feel? do they slip/shift much?
8/26/11 1:38 PM
PTSandman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kanpeki line is a rip off, $20 extra for the look? Hayabusa is overpriced to begin with as well.

if you can get the shin guards under $70, then go ahead, but don't pay retail.
8/26/11 3:45 PM
SidRival
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/11 3:45 PM
i agree, and the "vintage" look isn't that cool. i really do love my head gear though. got it on sale for like $90 shipped. i have the title gel insteps right now. they have great coverage but they slide and shift way too much.
8/27/11 11:38 AM
PTSandman

Personally, I hate the headgear, that bottom chin piece always ends up covering your mouth and a pain to adjust.
8/27/11 6:51 PM
SidRival

Headgear is a tough one cause everyone has different shaped faces for the most part. Gonna try and get down to Los Angeles where I can go to an actual retailer and try things on first. Best way. Phone Post
10/17/11 12:52 AM
EVT

Hayabusa's are great. Had them for almost a year and there holding up nicely. Combat sports makes one very similar and my buddy has them andover his. Either way you're golden. Phone Post
10/24/11 4:23 PM
SidRival

Just ordered the Hayabusa's from the UG store at 50% off haha. Pretty stoked! Can't wait to train with them! Phone Post
10/26/11 9:13 AM
PTSandman

I bought a ton to resell too.
10/27/11 3:25 PM
SidRival

Nice! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.