UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royce: I didn't negotiate to fight at UFC Rio

8/26/11 3:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Royce Gracie was a special guest on the press conference of UFC Rio, and talked exclusively with TATAME after the event. Without measuring words, Gracie revealed he didn’t negotiate to fight in the show, but he still wants to fight one last time. Check below the interview and know about what Royce said about UFC Rio and the growth of MMA in Brazil, among other things.

Guilherme Cruz: Did you imagine it’d be that huge?

Royce Gracie: Man, it’s been like that for years. It’s a snowball that is growing for years now. Everybody wants to see who the best fighter is. But, to find that out, you must get into the ring and figure it out (laughs). We’ll know it Saturday.

GC: Do you believe someday MMA will be as big here as it is on the United States?

RG: It already is. The tickets were sold out in one hour. On the United States it’s not that fast.

GC: Did you expect to be in this card? Are you upset not to be fighting in UFC Rio?

RG: We didn’t even start negotiating it. There’s no frustration. It’s all good.

Do you think to return or do you think you’re done?

RG: I have one more fight to do. But we have to know when it’s time to retire when you’re in this sport.

GC: And your time hasn’t come yet?

RG: It’s hard for a fighter to stop fighting.

Read entire interview...

8/26/11 3:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheKidAintMine
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce should retire. He's already a living legend.

Chael had a great quote about Wand that I think is also applicable here...."No fighter is ever done with the sport, but sometimes, the sport is done with the fighter."

8/26/11 3:12 PM
Ice Cubes on Kiriks Nipples
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce asked for WAY too much money that is a fact, Zuffa said nope.

He shouldn't be fighting anymore anyways, retire a legend buddy.
8/26/11 3:28 PM
ranier wolfcastle
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he wanted a mill
8/26/11 3:32 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva money?
8/26/11 3:35 PM
jjj2121

Royce is retired.

When's the last time he has fought?

How many fights in the last 5 years?
8/26/11 3:37 PM
mad tiger

First Gracie caught using STEROIDS.
8/26/11 3:44 PM
hammers hamil
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce priced himself off this card and practically begged for a fight lol he must have gotten the worm from vitor...
8/26/11 3:48 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't there an interview posted here shortly after the announcement that the UFC was going to Brazil where Royce said he was in negotiations to appear?
8/26/11 4:55 PM
Ben via Evolution

Why would anyone want to see him fight in modern MMA, it wouldn't even be marginally competitive
8/26/11 6:27 PM
Dean of Lean

After his fight against Hughes he has no leverage with the UFC :(
8/26/11 8:25 PM
RobbieH

mad tiger - First Gracie caught using STEROIDS.

it was Deca, Deca is CRAP when used alone...actually Deca is often prescribed for joint injuries, it's very possible Royce could have been prescribed it in the past due to an injury, Deca also has one of the LOBNGEST Half lifes of any Anabolic Androgenic Steroid, 12-15 months before it no longer shows in a test..
8/26/11 8:27 PM
RobbieH

Plus Deca is usually used at 400PLUS MG's PER WEEK STACKED with other more efficient drugs(usually test), I'd be curious to know how much actually showed in Royce's test, I'd bet it wasn't much which would lean more toward using it for medicinal purposes...
8/26/11 8:37 PM
jpm995
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobbieH - Plus Deca is usually used at 400PLUS MG's PER WEEK STACKED with other more efficient drugs(usually test), I'd be curious to know how much actually showed in Royce's test, I'd bet it wasn't much which would lean more toward using it for medicinal purposes...

I think your wrong here, i remember him being way over, something like 50x the normal amount.
8/26/11 8:42 PM
ranier wolfcastle
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did royce train with seagal?
http://www.ultimate-mma-equipment.com/image-files/44924.jpg
8/26/11 8:44 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roids Gracie

8/26/11 9:05 PM
RobbieH

jpm995 - 
RobbieH - Plus Deca is usually used at 400PLUS MG's PER WEEK STACKED with other more efficient drugs(usually test), I'd be curious to know how much actually showed in Royce's test, I'd bet it wasn't much which would lean more toward using it for medicinal purposes...

I think your wrong here, i remember him being way over, something like 50x the normal amount.

200MGS, a SMALL amount is WAY over the normal NANOGRAM amount... Doctors usually prescribe it at 50-200MG's for injuries, so with Deca having such a LONG half life, just taking it for 4 weeks would put you WELL over 50-100 times the normal amount the body produces naturally...even if the test was done a year after taking it...

Anyone using Deca for PERFORMACNE would be stacking it with test at least and be taking around 400 mgss per week for 10-15 weeks...

8/26/11 9:07 PM
RobbieH

Plus most athletes would NOT use Deca for performance gains, simply because unless it's stacked it's almost useless(except for joint injuries) and the fact that it has such a LONG half life, it's guaranteed you would fail a drug test even if it's been a year since your last dose...
8/26/11 9:12 PM
ShakaFerreira
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mad tiger - First Gracie caught using ACAI.

Fixed!
8/26/11 9:19 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobbieH - Plus most athletes would NOT use Deca for performance gains, simply because unless it's stacked it's almost useless(except for joint injuries) and the fact that it has such a LONG half life, it's guaranteed you would fail a drug test even if it's been a year since your last dose...
So, it has a SHORT half-life? Phone Post
8/26/11 9:21 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

=P. Just making fun of your posting style...Yes, it is a LONG half-life. Phone Post
8/26/11 9:46 PM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

Roids Gracie

You and Mad Tiger and JBob probably think you are being funny or clever or breaking some news the rest of us dont know. What you are being is an ass. What did you expect People to post in response to your post?? 'What? Royce was caught doing steroids?!?, thanks for the info guy!' or maybe " HAHAHA Good one! Roofs Gracie! Dude! You are a genius!!'. Is that what you hoped for with your post? Have a little respect. Phone Post
8/26/11 9:47 PM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edit: Roids not roofs. Damn auto correct Phone Post
8/26/11 10:49 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Hoofs Gracie

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.