UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Lease Question

8/27/11 1:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
anthiak
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my city the maximum occupancy of a 1br apartment is 2 people. We have a baby on the way so obviously once that child is born we will be over that occupancy.

I live in Indiana. Anyone know, that is if I can't come to some kind of amicable agreement with management, if the lawman kicking us out of here is going to leave us responsible for the remainder of the lease? Hopefully they will let us out early at the cost of the deposit so I can find a new place before the baby is here.
8/30/11 12:54 PM
pm1964
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know nothing about the law in Indiana, but I cannot imagine the landlord kicking you out and making you liable for the remainder of the lease.
8/30/11 10:26 PM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also know nothing about Indiana law, but I hear many max occupancy laws only apply to unrelated adults - check your local ordinance?
10/5/11 5:26 AM
divinity
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This law discriminates against Chinese people! (In all seriousness, there was an anti-Chinese cubic air ordinance in California)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.