CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -  vs. 

Battle of the Hawtest?

Cindy
8/29/11 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pai Mei
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see Shane bounce back with an easier fight before taking on the Reem. The Reem's going to be motivated coming into the UFC and I fear for the safety of his opponent.
8/29/11 7:11 PM
Korpiklaani

carwin and reem would be a very fun match to see
8/29/11 7:35 PM
gabemadrid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it happens it should be on the FOX show both you guys are stars and need some mainstream time Phone Post
8/29/11 8:20 PM
Rebound59

Best of luck regardless SC.
8/29/11 8:27 PM
FUTA WON (d)
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shane Carwin - 
Calavaro - Hi Shane Carwin.

Remember the leg kicks I suggested?
USE THEM you fool! ;)
You know how to wrestle & you clearly know how to punch... add a damn leg kick without being afraid of takedowns (you know a tiny bit of wrestling I heard).

So, anyway, Big Nog is a great matchup for you, and then take out Reem if you can (damn leg kicks, how do they work?).

With best regards,

Frustrated, yet still a fan,

Calavaro

yes watching the JDS fight I need to use my kicks more. I am not worried about the take down and they seemed like they were effective. Next time.

YOU with some bad ass Muay Thai kicks would be unreal.

With all that power in your hands, I can't imagine how hard your legs can hit.

8/29/11 8:46 PM
caposa
1838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carwin/Nogueira would work too
8/29/11 9:02 PM
RickRude
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem/JDS, Carwin/Nelson Phone Post
8/29/11 9:11 PM
MMALOGIC

Really, the fights that make sense is:

Mir vs Overeem for #1 contender

and

Carwin vs Brock with winner getting back into the mix.

The winner of Roy/crocop or Mittrione/Kongo should fight Big Nog in japan.
8/29/11 9:32 PM
wpipes
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't want to see this cause i like both guys...would rather see horsemeat uberknee then chokeslam mir.
8/29/11 9:33 PM
wpipes
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/29/11 9:34 PM
ttt
8/29/11 9:41 PM
xlDutchielx

Uberreem!!! Phone Post
8/29/11 9:47 PM
Granite007
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -  Really, the fights that make sense is:

Mir vs Overeem for #1 contender

and

Carwin vs Brock with winner getting back into the mix.

The winner of Roy/crocop or Mittrione/Kongo should fight Big Nog in japan.

Seems Solid. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Overeem against one of the Elite Hw wrestlers. Whether that be AO vs. Cain to unify the straps(if Cain beats JDS), Carwin or Lesnar.

I'd be happy with which ever way they spin it, though.

Hey Shane

8/29/11 11:42 PM
Jibiru

Wow. I'm surprised that this might actually work out. Phone Post
8/30/11 12:55 AM
Daniel11
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think UberReem would be a great match up against any of the top 10 HWs in UFC.
Instant title shot? NO ME THINK NOT. but some serious challenge YES.

MIR? NOG? NELSON (heh why not) ? Even Brock and Carwin would be a great fight.

But the title shot must be earned as with all. Phone Post
8/30/11 1:09 AM
Jamie_B
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32m - 
The10Marlons - I dont see Carwin as the kind of guy that should attempt leg kicks. There are plenty of fighters that have a successful striking game without them.

I agree. I see Carwin's claim to fame is his hard slamming punches. I haven't seen his wrestling as much of a factor lately as I would like to though.
Shane has talent in wrestling that is known. Why would you want to see that? I like Shane because he is a fighter and not just going to lie on someone???????

8/30/11 1:13 AM
Jamie_B
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Shane just needs to improve on his current flaws (that all fighters have)and keep doing what he feels best at.
8/30/11 2:59 AM
Ligeia420
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

carwin vs overeem for his first ufc fight

overeem ftw!
8/30/11 3:22 AM
Arecsa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont let Trevor Wittman do any pre-fight talk for this fight Shane. His shit talk was embarrassing, especially when it actually came time to get in there and JDS put on that clinic.
8/30/11 6:03 AM
Jampage Rackson

32m -
mcpeepants232003 - breaking news and from a pro fighter? this is why we come to the UG. I personally hope he fights someone else besides Shane. With all the injuries and setbacks I'd like to see Carwin get an easier fight.

Maybe I'm just a Carwin nuthugger, but I think Shane matches up well against Overeem. Overeem tends to allow punchers to "stun" him. Shane hits very hard and could end this fight.

Now, regarding whether or not Carwin vs Reem is the BEST fight? No. Not in my opinion. I think Dana should exploit Overeem's hulk physique and give him a title shot after JDS. It's a fact that title fights make huge bucks and SF vs UFC title would be HUGE...especially with the Zuffa hype machine marketing this fight.

I don't know what Shaub's deal is...if he's injured, but Shane vs Branden would make sense. I think Shane would punch him out, setting up Shane versus the loser of Overeem / UFC champ. If Shane wins again, give him a title shot or one more, than title shot.

Carwin and Schaub train together. Phone Post
8/30/11 6:05 AM
Jampage Rackson

Jamie_B -
32m - 
The10Marlons - I dont see Carwin as the kind of guy that should attempt leg kicks. There are plenty of fighters that have a successful striking game without them.

I agree. I see Carwin's claim to fame is his hard slamming punches. I haven't seen his wrestling as much of a factor lately as I would like to though.
Shane has talent in wrestling that is known. Why would you want to see that? I like Shane because he is a fighter and not just going to lie on someone???????

God forbid wrestling be anything but lay and pray these days.

My god, you actually think if Carwin took anyone down and was raining down bombs that it wouldn't be entertaining? He'd probably TKO anybody, unless Brock is champ again and fighting him and the zuffa machine wants to keep it that way. Phone Post
8/30/11 6:21 AM
Nuetraman

I like Carwin as a person, but Ubereem is 2010's best HW standup fighter for a reason.. Ubereem by endless lowkicks and finish it with an Uberknee
8/30/11 6:56 AM
TheBigTaco

Hey Shane, you're a good sponsee for Daniel Defense. Maybe you could put in a word to them to make a California legal .308 AR-10? Thanks!!
8/30/11 11:30 AM
Shane Carwin
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I appreciate all the votes of confidence but lets be honest. I am 0-2 in my last fights. Sure they were top contenders but I failed at both attempts. I have less than 45 minutes in the cage and I am learning MMA while fighting some of the best in the world. I have a ton to learn and do in the sport still. I am not in a position to be calling out guys like Reem or anyone else for that matter. My job is to get back at it and make the improvements needed so I can secure a place at the top. I am a long way from where I want to be.

I will say you guys make it better and I appreciate you more then I can ever say.

And yes Bob he was gurgling I should of attacked sooner, move my feet and head more. I will do it next time and there will be a next time.

For those of you saying Mir deserves a title shot he got smashed by the guy that just wrote "I have less than 45 minutes in the cage and I am learning MMA while fighting some of the best in the world.". I guess I wouldn't be calling me out either.
8/30/11 11:33 AM
romophobia
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like a humble BOSS!

You will be on top again!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.