UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Reem

8/30/11 11:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Golden Glory fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thus mir vs nog. Schaub vs nelson/kongo, Shane vs brock and reem vs jds/cain for title. Dana make it happen

Ps. Anderson vs lee murray Phone Post
8/30/11 2:07 PM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks buddy
8/30/11 2:25 PM
Billyz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shane your humility is what makes you the peoples champ. What about a fight against Nelson/Kongo? both lost to the guy you beat (I was there and damn you were scary in that fight). It gets your feet wet again and is a solid win regardless. after that maybe a fight against one of the rising guys like meathead (unless he is your training partner cant remember) and then you can challenge the upper tier again. You get some good paydays, possibly add to your highlight reel and stay in shape while gathering some more in ring experience. We saw how tough you are against JDS I dont think Nelson or Meathead can finish you bit still possess skills you need to be able to beat.
Let Mir, Brock, Reem, JDS, Cain all sort them selves out while you rest up and come charging in full of piss and vinegar
8/30/11 2:35 PM
Aural_Apocalypse
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem vs Carwin? Carwin by 1st round KO. No doubt about it.
8/30/11 3:33 PM
The Baumer

Great post big guy. Personally I feel that Alistair is an overrated kickboxer and an underrated mixed martial artist. In my oppinion Overeem could be very successful in the UFC. He's good enough defensively to keep fights on the feet and use his incredible size,speed and power to (T)KO most guys. In the big show? I don't think Alistair is good enough to beat someone like Cain Velasquez or Shane Carwin because imo he just isn't good enough to stop they're takedowns. Alistair is great (standing) for 5,10 minutes. His cardio is never going to be great and his chin and heart has always been a bit in question. I think anyone with great takedowns,heavy hands & a descent tank will be a problem for him. Alistair is always dangerous from most any position and all fights start on the feet. The sky is the limit for Overeem but IMO he lacks the nessecary wrestling that it takes to take a UFC heavyweight title and keep the thing.
8/30/11 4:02 PM
Strategy101

As usual thanks for all the news and updates.

As for your own situation on whom you should fight... I think that depends on what step you want to take from here. You've got probably 2 types of fights you can take.

1) Top 10 fighter (possibly top 5) - Not going to label anyone, but more of the notion itself. If you fight a top 10'er you're looking at something to put yourself back into immediate contention (probably 1 more fight against a top 5 fighter to follow if successful). While the risk of going 0-3 is more likely the reward is also greater, as beating a "name" always carries more weight.

2) Fight a 10-20 ranked fighter - You'd get a slightly easier fight (I cannot imagine any fight is "easy"), probably a chance to actually get more cage experience, but less notoriety in doing so. The risk vs reward also becomes much closer here as well, because a loss would be devastating, while a win is only a small step in the right direction.

You're the only one who knows whats best for you, but personally I think many "armchair fighters" think you're a top 10 guy, and fighting anything less than another top 10'er would be squandering your talents.

It also hurts that many HW's are also locked into fights already... be ready for UFC 137 if possible, stepping in to fight either Mitrione or Kongo would be interesting matchups against relatively known commodities.

Thanks again for the activity and keep fighting, its great to watch.
8/30/11 7:29 PM
DKielbasa

Edited: 08/30/11 7:30 PM
Why are we learning about Overeem coming to the UFC by you? Dana ask you to post on here Shane? I am a huge fan BTW Shane, you are a class act and a helluva fighter.
8/31/11 1:13 AM
Dean of Lean

Carwin Vs Overeem sounds good to me!!

Id like to see Carwin knock Kongo off his block or take on Mr Schaub
8/31/11 11:00 AM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Page liked. The Reem vs Carwin is a win win for us fans!
8/31/11 11:41 AM
drainbamage

nog vs mir

brock vs reem

carwin vs big country/crocop winner

schaub vs barry/struve winner
8/31/11 12:33 PM
Golden Glory fan

^^^ this Phone Post
8/31/11 12:41 PM
Golden Glory fan

If reem 1st fight is in usa brock would be great.

If ufc has a japan card in 2012 reem has to be on it. He is extremely famous and popular in japan. Maybe vs big nog Phone Post
8/31/11 2:20 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock HATES getting hit in the face and the Reem is great at smashing faces.. Dana doesn't want to see his #1 star get beat the fuck up.
8/31/11 3:22 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

UGK4Life - Brock HATES getting hit in the face and the Reem is great at smashing faces.. Dana doesn't want to see his #1 star get beat the fuck up.

Brock wins that fight easily,Reem has 0 cardio and defending takedowns is one of the most grueling tasks a fighter can do.Ask BJ
8/31/11 4:27 PM
UGK4Life

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
UGK4Life - Brock HATES getting hit in the face and the Reem is great at smashing faces.. Dana doesn't want to see his #1 star get beat the fuck up.

Brock wins that fight easily,Reem has 0 cardio and defending takedowns is one of the most grueling tasks a fighter can do.Ask BJ

Sig bet when it happens? I got Supreme Overeem all day
8/31/11 4:31 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OVEREEM VS MIR
BROCK VS NOG
is how i think it should go down.
4/26/12 7:59 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT! How u feel about the recent events Shane? 
4/26/12 9:11 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

o snap
4/27/12 11:30 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
4/27/12 9:19 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Until Shane Phone Post
4/27/12 9:27 PM
BaraoKix

Carwin and 'Reem both smashed Brock Lesnar back to the "federation"

4/27/12 9:30 PM
The Octa...Gone
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTRT! Phone Post
4/27/12 9:33 PM
BaraoKix

I cant believe how many people thought Brock would beat Overeem, come on

That was the easiest $ bet there has been

Shane beat on Brock, obv Overeem would have as well
4/27/12 10:07 PM
HighBastard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaraoKix - 

at the time of the fight overeems takedown defense wasnt tested against a guy like brock. And no one figured brock was gonna come out throwing leg kicks lol
4/28/12 4:50 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

HighBastard -
BaraoKix - 

at the time of the fight overeems takedown defense wasnt tested against a guy like brock. And no one figured brock was gonna come out throwing leg kicks lol
This haha. Would have done well to come out hard looking for the td. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.