UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> King Mo not afraid of Roger Gracie's BJJ, at all

8/30/11 1:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

King Mo Lawal begins his comeback by facing undefeated Roger Gracie on the Showtime-televised main card of "Strikeforce Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov." on Sept. 10  in Cincinnati. The pair originally was supposed to fight on July 30, but Gracie withdrew from the event due to an injury.

Both men finally appear to have put their respective health issues to bed for the time being.

"It feels good, man," Lawal told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "It's been a year since I've fought, so I got no injuries, no more. It's all good."

Post imuiry Mo traveled to Holland to train alongside former kickboxing and Muay Thai world champion Tyrone Spong. While in Las Vegas, he worked with Xtreme Couture coach Ray Sefo, sought out multiple-time jiu-jitsu world champion Robert Drysdale, and studied the "sweet science" under the watchful eye of Floyd Mayweather Sr.

He finally settled in at American Kickboxing Academy for the meat and potatoes of his camp to prepare for Gracie.

"It keeps your skill set fresh," he said. "You're constantly adding on, where some people stay in the same area and they don't really evolve. They stay stagnant. I'm always trying to look to improve."

"Maybe if I slip (Gracie could get me down). I don't know. I don't think so, but I can take him down. I'm not afraid of his jiu-jitsu at all. He has a great closed guard, but sometimes when you get hit, that guard opens up.

"I'm not worried about nothing. I'm just worried about making weight and getting to the fight. That's all."

"I know I'm going to win. I'm going to win the fight. I don't know if it's by stoppage or ground and pound, whatever. Hey, even submission.

"Anything's possible, dog."

Read entire article...

8/30/11 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1ChromosomeTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extreme statements like that are usually a sign of fear.
8/30/11 1:39 PM
romophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Roger mauls the shit of of King Mo.
8/30/11 1:41 PM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your not afraid of the ground skills of arguably the greatest bjj fighter ever. Then I think your delusional. Phone Post
8/30/11 1:42 PM
Jampage Rackson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mo should have the advantage on the feet.

That said, I hope he's a dummy who takes Roger down just to prove some stuff, and gets triangled like his best bud Chael. Phone Post
8/30/11 1:45 PM
bhealthy

since this bloke hangs with Phael i expect him to show up with abnormally high test levels and to tap out to some basic technique without a setup.
8/30/11 1:48 PM
BradGluckman
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually Mo seemed respectfull of Rogers skills standing and on the ground but he is right punches change everything but with that being said I see Roger submitting him
8/30/11 2:05 PM
ausgepicht

1ChromosomeTooMany -  Extreme statements like that are usually a sign of fear.
However, if Roger said "I am not afraid of his wrestling at all." he'd be a fucking awesome life hero, right?

8/30/11 2:12 PM
Tru
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after seeing roger in person against prangley i have to choose roger in this fight.  Prangley had over 30 pro fights and roger submitted him in a minute or so.  what does king mo possess that prangley doesn't outside of quickness?
8/30/11 2:14 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I know I'm going to win. I'm going to win the fight. I don't know if it's by stoppage or ground and pound, whatever. Hey, even submission.

"Anything's possible, dog."

No, sorry this is litterally the definiton of impossible.  Mo can win but LOL at him submitting Roger.

8/30/11 2:14 PM
ausgepicht

Tru -  after seeing roger in person against prangley i have to choose roger in this fight.  Prangley had over 30 pro fights and roger submitted him in a minute or so.  what does king mo possess that prangley doesn't outside of quickness?
They are so similar I am surprised they don't have indentical records.

8/30/11 2:16 PM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 
1ChromosomeTooMany -  Extreme statements like that are usually a sign of fear.
However, if Roger said "I am not afraid of his wrestling at all." he'd be a fucking awesome life hero, right?

I don't think Roger would say that.   Maybe I'm wrong, and miniature Renzos will fly out of my ass.
8/30/11 2:16 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru -  after seeing roger in person against prangley i have to choose roger in this fight.  Prangley had over 30 pro fights and roger submitted him in a minute or so.  what does king mo possess that prangley doesn't outside of quickness?

Much higher level wrestling, better striking, much better athlete, stronger, probably leaving out a few.
8/30/11 2:18 PM
disbeliever
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger is on another level in grappling
8/30/11 2:21 PM
Tru
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven - 

Much higher level wrestling, better striking, much better athlete, stronger, probably leaving out a few.

did you see the rafael fejaio fight?  His wrestling was negated, he gassed horribly.....has less experience, i honestly dont see how king mo is better than prangley at any level.
8/30/11 2:25 PM
icarus92

All I can think of is Yoda saying, "you will be. You will be.."
8/30/11 2:25 PM
ausgepicht

Tru - 
Jsteven - 

did you see the rafael fejaio fight?  His wrestling was negated, he gassed horribly.....has less experience, i honestly dont see how king mo is better than prangley at any level.
King Mo isn't fighting Feijao again, and Roger is not Feijao...I mean their styles, physicality and killer instinct aren't even remotely close.

8/30/11 2:30 PM
Jsteven

Tru - 
Jsteven - 

Yea i saw it, he could have done better, and I have no idea who will win this fight.  Gassing will make anyone look bad, hopefully he is in shape because I think he can be alot better than he was in that fight.

8/30/11 2:36 PM
Tru

ausgepicht - 
Tru - 
Jsteven - 

King Mo isn't fighting Feijao again, and Roger is not Feijao...I mean their styles, physicality and killer instinct aren't even remotely close.

thanks for the update..thought it was a  rematch vs rafael. (sarcasm)

8/30/11 2:51 PM
diggity

MonsterBalls - 

Olympic level wrestling.

olyimpic level wrestling??? please.
8/30/11 2:53 PM
ausgepicht

Tru - 
ausgepicht - 
Tru - 
Jsteven - 

thanks for the update..thought it was a  rematch vs rafael. (sarcasm)

Say what you want, but clearly you thought what happened in the Feijao fight will happen here. With a time stamp of 2008, you should have figured MMA math doesn't work by now.

8/30/11 2:56 PM
shermbe

what do you think he's gonna say? "yes, i am afraid to grapple with Roger".

8/30/11 3:01 PM
MercWaMouth85

1ChromosomeTooMany -  Extreme statements like that are usually a sign of fear.
. Phone Post
8/30/11 3:04 PM
ALL DAY JAY

Yes he is afraid. I would not expect him to say that though.
8/30/11 3:05 PM
supersaiyan

King Mo not afraid of Roger Gracie's BJJ, at all
-

that will make it all the more easier for Roger to sub Mo... ( its going to happen anyway so.. ) LOL

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.