UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> my auction draft disaster.

8/30/11 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so over the weekend i was in my very first auction draft ever. i didn't know what the hell i was doing. my team sucks. it's a 20 teams league and i haven't even heard of half my players. so tell me guys, how fucked am i?

QB Tony Romo 35
RB Jamaal Charles 105
RB Jason Snelling 1
RB/WR Ben Tate 2
WR Davone Bess 9
WR Derrick Mason 2
TE Antonio Gates 37
K Matt Prater 1
BE Mike Goodson 1
BE Andre Roberts 1
BE Anthony Armstrong 1
BE Roscoe Parrish 1
BE Joe McKnight 1
BE Kevin Smith 1
BE Josh Morgan 1
BE Devin Aromashodu 1
Total: 200
Remaining: 0
8/31/11 6:11 PM
sicko
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 teams, WTF? I one time played in a 14 team league and that was a nightmare. pick up RBs while you can. As the season goes on they get injured and it's a nightmare to find anyone free in leagues with a lot of teams.

WOW, 20 teams, that's just nuts
8/31/11 7:56 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not going to lie to you, it isn't pretty. Romo, Charles and Gates are all very good picks, but the quality dropoff after those three is pretty big. Of course with an auction draft it is all relative. 20 teams are alot, and I would think that plenty of those teams would be in a similiar position. 

Of course this is not helpful to you now, but I think you overpaid for Charles. The RB pool is pretty deep this year, and there are alot of guys who would get you good numbers that would have gone for less.

9/1/11 9:15 AM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Romo, Charles and Gates are all very good picks"

Not at the price he paid for Charles! 105, FTW?!?!?
9/1/11 9:37 AM
blunt minded
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh Morgan might not be a bad 2/3 WR if Crabtree keeps fucking around.
9/1/11 10:19 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

like i said, i'm a newbie at auctions.. looking back now i know what i should've done.. i'm trying to make trades and stuff but i don't know half the players on my team
9/1/11 11:41 AM
caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/11 2:28 PM
I used to play in a 12 team league and then the commish upped it to 16 people and I dropped out. The people who stayed and played said they will never play in that league again. Having 16 teams made the league terribly boring and just about everyone lost interest.

Your league has 20 teams. It will be beyond TERRIBLE. Your auction draft wasn't a disaster.. it's your league that is the disaster! You need to play in a real league.. 12 teams max. I think 10 teams is perfect... everyone gets a "fantasy" team.
9/20/11 10:42 AM
alxholic

i gave up on this league.. it's a legacy league too.. lost 20 bucks.. i cried myself to sleep last night

9/20/11 11:04 AM
caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL ^^ Good idea.
9/20/11 1:52 PM
Pikes
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 is pretty extreme, but I think 10 team leagues are awful unless you have deep rosters. It's a crapshoot when everyone is full of superstars. 12 is solid, 14 has always been my favorite.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.