UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Doom and Gloom best pass rushing tandem in NFL

8/30/11 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tebowkakke
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doom (Elvis Dumervil) and Gloom (Von Miller) will be the best pass rushing tandem in the NFL this year. Just like teams that have to play Detroit this year better figure something out to stop that defensive line, whenever someone plays Denver they better keep extra guys in to protect their QB because they are going to have about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Then to add in Robert Ayers who has bulked up to 270lbs is going to be fun watch Denver play defense this year.
8/30/11 6:38 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol we get it. You are high on the Broncos this year. :) We might have to start a Broncos Ground to deal with your copious amount of Broncos post this year.

8/31/11 10:12 AM
Tebowkakke
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  Lol we get it. You are high on the Broncos this year. :) We might have to start a Broncos Ground to deal with your copious amount of Broncos post this year.

LOL you haven't been coming to the NFL forum for the last 6-8 years much have you? Great part about this place is there are a lot of real fans here, guys I respect, and guys who truthfully are my friends and saw me through the darkest days of my life so far with cancer. Guys like TRJ, Tommy, Alco, Cartel, Endo, Core, Pretjah, etc wouldn't expect anything less from me, or me them.

That said, I have played football my whole life, was raised watching football, and love the game. I have not seen a pass rushing combination like Dumervil and Miller for a LONG time. I would say since Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith. If Denver can get teams to 3rd and 6 or more and Dennis Allen can open up his playbook and get creative with his blitzes, Miller and Dumervil could put up scary numbers.
8/31/11 1:15 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't sleep on the Giants: Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwi (in the joker role), Canty, Joseph. C'mon son!
8/31/11 1:23 PM
Slydawg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Detroits line looked amazing! Suh is ummm INCREDIBLE.
8/31/11 3:19 PM
Tebowkakke

Whoa lets slow down here. I am not saying that there are not other great pass rushing combos in the NFL. All I was saying is Dumervil and Miller are going to give opposing QBs nightmares.

The best defensive line in the NFL is by far Detroit. Suh and Fairley on the same line is going to be insane.
8/31/11 7:38 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebowkakke - 
Waylay -  Lol we get it. You are high on the Broncos this year. :) We might have to start a Broncos Ground to deal with your copious amount of Broncos post this year.

LOL you haven't been coming to the NFL forum for the last 6-8 years much have you? Great part about this place is there are a lot of real fans here......

I have been coming here regularly the last couple of years, I don't post as much as I should. The Eagles need to be represented, they just aren't getting enough headlines for mine :)

I love the people who post here (including yourself). As you say, real fans, with tonnes of passion. It is a shame this sub forum gets such a small amount of traffic. But the traffic it does get is always worthwhile. Even if it is such shameless Bronco boosting!
9/1/11 2:23 AM
Tebowkakke

There is no such thing as shameless Bronco Boosting
9/2/11 8:01 AM
TheMorg826
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, i was at the Bronco game vs the Raiders last year. quietest crowd ive ever heard, until the chants of Tebow started
9/3/11 12:04 AM
Tebowkakke

TheMorg826 - lol, i was at the Bronco game vs the Raiders last year. quietest crowd ive ever heard, until the chants of Tebow started

Ya that's what happens when you have the worst defense in the NFL, give up 500 points in the first half, and your team quit on the coach 3 weeks before that game anyway. Good thing its a new season. Glad you were at the game though, we don't have the problem of our home games being blacked out like the Chargers and Raider because we sell out every game, and have for years. I could not imagine a home game not being shown on TV here.
9/3/11 9:56 AM
TheRealJoker
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doom and Gloom!!!
9/5/11 10:54 PM
Tebowkakke

TheRealJoker - Doom and Gloom!!!

Good to see you back on my Bronco threads my friend. If you get a chance this year watch a game and keep your eye on Elvis on one side, and Von Miller on the other. Through the preseason it literally seemed like a race to see who was going to get the the QB first. They finally seem to have a few guys who just flat out get to the QB in Doom, Miller, and Ayers. In the nickel formation they actually slide Ayers inside to DT and he gives people fits up the middle with his quickness. They are going to be far more physical than they were in years. I think Miller will be the DROY this year and he and Doom will have double digit sack numbers.
9/6/11 10:08 PM
TheRealJoker
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gloom will have to pry the DROY award from JJ Watt's cold dead fingers!!!
9/7/11 3:49 AM
Tebowkakke

TheRealJoker - Gloom will have to pry the DROY award from JJ Watt's cold dead fingers!!!

You had me at Gloom. I am telling you watch him play, the guy is an even better player than the team expected.
9/7/11 5:18 AM
Waylay

They had seven talking heads on NFL.com make their yearly predictions. DROY was the only category where there was not one duplicate pick. Seven different players were nominated. Should be a great category to watch.
9/7/11 5:18 AM
Waylay

They had seven talking heads on NFL.com make their yearly predictions. DROY was the only category where there was not one duplicate pick. Seven different players were nominated. Should be a great category to watch.
9/8/11 7:49 PM
supersaiyan

too bad STeelers dont play either Denver or Detroit this year... cuz they would be plenty SORRY!!!!
9/9/11 1:07 PM
Slydawg

Detroit sucks! Always has and will... I'm not on the bandwagon like the rest of the world. They always find a way to lose.
9/9/11 9:55 PM
supersaiyan

yeah DEtroit has been kinda no so good ever since Barry Sanders was there and when he left... but we can always know they will win on Thanksgiving!!
9/10/11 10:59 AM
Tebowkakke

Detroit could surprise some people this year. If they were in the NFC West they would win their division no questions asked. I think that they will have one of the best defensive lines we've seen in the NFL for the next 7 years or so. Suh and Fairley in the middle is just simply not fair. Suh is dominate by himself, put a guy like Fairley next to him and that is going to be a very good defensive line for years.
9/10/11 2:21 PM
Doomsday

Hey 303, this is a very interesting rivalry w/Doom n Gloom and Clady vs. Hali and Houston w/ Brandon Albert.

Hopefully we will get to watch them destroy each other for years. Makes for some exciting football, eh?
9/10/11 7:31 PM
SecondBase
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't recall anyone calling Harrison and Woodley "Doom and Gloom". This thread fails.
9/12/11 3:31 AM
Tebowkakke

Doomsday - Hey 303, this is a very interesting rivalry w/Doom n Gloom and Clady vs. Hali and Houston w/ Brandon Albert.

Hopefully we will get to watch them destroy each other for years. Makes for some exciting football, eh?

It absolutely will. Looking forward to those times. What the hell happened to you guys today? Buffalo? Wow.
9/12/11 12:59 PM
Beefcake the Mighty

Mathis and Freeney and Suggs and Ngata right now...In the coming years it'll be Suh and Fairley
9/12/11 4:05 PM
TheCorrect
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't sleep on Cameron Wake & Jason Taylor!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.