UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> My Team This Season

8/30/11 7:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
saucylv33
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since I'm from LA and they don't have a team and I live in Las Vegas and they don't have a team...My team for this year is going to be THE LIONS.

They had games that could have gone either way last season in the last few minutes and they're going to be good this year.

Who are fellow Lions fans on the board?
8/31/11 10:34 AM
Tebowkakke
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid choice. Regardless of how they will do they will be fun to watch. They have the best defensive line we have seen in the NFL in years, maybe decades. If Fairley lives up to expectations he and Suh will absolutely dominate up front. They will be great regardless, but truthfully if Fairley lives up to his potential he and Suh could be the best defensive tackle tandem to ever play. Matthew Stafford looks like the real deal this year, Jahvid Best is a potentially great RB, Calvin Johnson could give the other Johnson (AJ from Houston) a run for best WR in the NFL. Hopefully they stay healthy, and if they do they could easily be a wild card team because even they are not good enough to knock off Green Bay in that division.
8/31/11 8:06 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the Lions make the playoffs this year that would be like a Superbowl win, considering how bad they have been the last decade. They also have fantastic rivalries in that divsion. Not a bad time to hope on the bandwagon, before it leaves the station. And as Tebowkakke says, they do have quite a few players that are worth watching. If you don't want to make the sensible choice and pick the Eagles, the Lions are a good choice.
9/11/11 4:37 PM
saucylv33
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yay, 1-0.
9/12/11 1:02 PM
Beefcake the Mighty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid...until Stafford gets hurt and his career completion percent is in the 50's, so don't get sad if the offence fails because the D is going to be fucking sick over the coming years when they can add an outside linebacker and some d-backs.
9/26/11 4:11 PM
saucylv33

3-0!!
9/26/11 5:18 PM
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb)
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Cowboy fan but I wish nothing but good things for the Lions. They have had a terrible team for years and are over due. This team is legit this year, and they will be getting fairly back any time now too. Cowboys will have their hands full with them.
10/8/11 3:54 AM
saucylv33

This is the week. Oh and Caleb, I am a chick not a dude. :)
10/8/11 10:02 AM
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a chick? No way! ha...  let's see your pic...  this is me....
10/8/11 10:43 AM
Tommy Gunnz
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I smell love in the air.....
10/8/11 2:31 PM

Tommy Gunnz - I smell love in the air.....

Not exactly. I've been married for 14 years pal. Just wouldn't mind seeing what some of you folks look like. I never knew Saucy was a girl.. just kinda blows my mind that a girl has that much interest in football.
10/11/11 2:16 AM
saucylv33

Ummmm, I think that is now 5-0!
10/11/11 7:51 AM

saucylv33 - Ummmm, I think that is now 5-0!

Saucy,
This team will make the playoffs but they aren't going much further than the first round.
10/11/11 3:35 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

Saucy,
This team will make the playoffs but they aren't going much further than the first round.

Big call when we have absolutely no idea who they might be playing.
10/11/11 6:37 PM

Waylay - 
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

Saucy,

Big call when we have absolutely no idea who they might be playing.

I'm just not real impressed with their team this year. Sure it is WAY better than years passed and they are a decent team but I don't see them making it deep in the playoffs. I see the packers winning the division and the Lions making it as one of the wild cards. Dallas was killing them before Romo gave the game away to them. They have talent but are young and inexperienced.

With that said, I'm pulling for them to go as far as they can.. I think everyone is to be honest. That team has gone through hell the last decade....
10/11/11 8:12 PM
Waylay

^ They pass the ball well and put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. As long as they keep doing that, they will be a threat in the playoffs. I agree with you though, the Packers take the division. This is where matchups will be so important. The Lions, a dome team, on the road in winter, that is always a tough ask. I definitely don't see them winning at Lambeau in January, but it is a long way off that yet.

10/13/11 11:51 PM
saucylv33

Detroit is a s"@$&le but I love this team. Best adopted fan ever. I just got my lions shirt in the mail.
10/14/11 9:20 AM
Caleb

saucylv33 - Detroit is a s"@$&le but I love this team. Best adopted fan ever. I just got my lions shirt in the mail.

Saucy... you should have picked the Cowboys.
10/14/11 9:21 AM
Caleb

Waylay -  ^ They pass the ball well and put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. As long as they keep doing that, they will be a threat in the playoffs. I agree with you though, the Packers take the division. This is where matchups will be so important. The Lions, a dome team, on the road in winter, that is always a tough ask. I definitely don't see them winning at Lambeau in January, but it is a long way off that yet.

I don't think they will make it that far in the playoffs honestly.. but we will see.. I've certainly been wrong before.
10/14/11 9:56 AM
Waylay

^At this stage I would rate them second in the NFC. But unfortunately for them the number one team is the Packers, leaving them with a wild card spot. That leaves them belting the fourth ranked division winner in round one. But of course there is an awful lot of football between now and then.
10/14/11 10:22 AM
Caleb

Waylay -  ^At this stage I would rate them second in the NFC. But unfortunately for them the number one team is the Packers, leaving them with a wild card spot. That leaves them belting the fourth ranked division winner in round one. But of course there is an awful lot of football between now and then.

I have them 3rd behind N.O. but it is also very early in the season. I see my Cowboys being a very tough team in the NFC as well. I know that nobody sees what I see yet, but they are better than people realize. Poor coaching led to the loss against the Lions. We were scoring at will against the Lions for most of the game.
10/22/11 1:50 AM
saucylv33

The wheels are coming off.
10/23/11 10:09 PM
Caleb

Yes, they are now coming off. Look for this team to start falling apart now. Kinda sucks because they have been through so many tough times and it looks like it's going to continue to happen. They still have a chance to make the playoffs as a wild card though.
10/23/11 11:55 PM
Tommy Gunnz
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you guys are being fuckin ridiculous. They were never gonna go 16-0, the wheels aren't falling off. They will be fine and are probably the 3rd best team in the NFC after GB & NO unless Philly starts playing up to their potential. I would be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs. The sky is the limit, they are only getting started and have TONS of potential.
10/24/11 10:26 AM
Caleb

I disagree Tommy. Stafford got hurt in the game yesterday and has an MRI scheduled for today. It's too early to speculate but it could be something serious. If they lose their starting QB for any significant amount of time, they would be in trouble.

Their main running back keeps getting concussions all the time and nobody knows his future right now.. so they are using a backup in Maurice Morris. If you don't have a good running game, that will hurt your passing game.

I can't think of a decent WR on their team besides Megatron. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver beats them next week.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.