UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tyrone Spong ready for MMA with the right offer

9/1/11 4:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dannyglover
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmaweekly.com/if-the-offer-is-right-tyrone-spong-happy-to-challenge-himself-in-mma
9/1/11 4:16 PM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hellz yeaaaaa
9/1/11 8:16 PM
dannyglover

At the risk of trying to bump my own thread that I feel is getting less attention than twitter battles..
9/1/11 8:18 PM
suBJJective warMTh
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Give him his debut against another striker on FOX.
2. FOTN, KOOTN, casual fans go wild.
3. ????
4. Profit
9/1/11 8:25 PM
Ryan Shank
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell fucking yes
9/1/11 8:30 PM
BKViper
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyglover - At the risk of trying to bump my own thread that I feel is getting less attention than twitter battles..

The relative lack of interest, and knowledge, of kickboxing on the UG has always been disappointing to me.
I realize MMA is the big media darling right now, and there are some definite hard core KB fans here, most threads concerning K1, MT, etc. get little attention.
I thank you for the link, I am definitely intrigued.
I was watching HDNet's special on Badr the other night and was thinking about what he could do in MMA.  I know he has 1 MMA fight, and he lost via sub, but that was in 2002.  Like many of the top guys in KB, I think if they applied them self for a year or so to sprawl and sub defense, they could do some damage in the cage.
I figured for most, it would probably never happen, because why leave something you are great at, and spend a year or more to learn something new, with no real incentives.
But with the finanical troubles in K1 and other orgs, and the rising financial payouts in MMA, it might be a more realisitic possibility for some of the guys to try it out.
9/1/11 8:33 PM
dannyglover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZ0xCrEFvM The soundtrack for this is priceless.
9/1/11 8:35 PM
dannyglover

Thanks for the insightful post BKViper definitely very good points.
9/1/11 8:40 PM
BzGrappla

Spong vs KONGO. SPong vs Pat barry.

lets go already. sign it
9/1/11 11:39 PM
BzGrappla

tt
9/2/11 12:24 AM
DevinS

Edited: 09/02/11 1:04 AM
9/2/11 12:25 AM
DevinS

Alistair has over a decade of submission and wrestling experience....Spong is only now learning those areas. Kinda premature to think he'll go much farther than Reem in MMA imo.
9/2/11 12:27 AM
benjininja

Nice! Phone Post
9/2/11 12:28 AM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has great potential already working with arguably the best wrestler at 205 doesn't hurt either. Phone Post
9/2/11 12:52 AM
BzGrappla

like i said.. match him up with a striker first. Tyrone vs Strueve.. or barry..

or give him a tune up fight. There has to be more suggestions out there. plenty of guys.
9/2/11 1:08 AM
therealtdog

He will do well unless Nathan Corbett switches to MMA as well
9/2/11 2:33 AM
catch waves
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/11 2:54 AM
therealtdog - He will do well unless Nathan Corbett switches to MMA as well

Would love to see this!! Always been a big fan of Carnage. Seen him fight live a few times, throws possibly the most devestating elbows on the planet. Even Spong wasn't keen to fight him with full MT rules. 

If he somehow managed to get solid Sub and TDD he would cause serious damage in the LHW division, can't see that ever actually happening though.
9/2/11 2:42 AM
Enemies

He'll just get laid on for 15 minutes. Nexxxxxt.
9/2/11 3:20 AM
therealtdog

catch waves - 
therealtdog - He will do well unless Nathan Corbett switches to MMA as well

Would love to see this!! Always been a big fan of Carnage. Seen him fight live a few times, throws possibly the most devestating elbows on the planet. Even Spong wasn't keen to fight him with full MT rules. 

If he somehow managed to get solid Sub and TDD he would cause serious damage in the LHW division, can't see that ever actually happening though.<br type="_moz" />

He can make 85kg. He would have Anderson Silva shooting double legs.
9/2/11 4:03 AM
Grizz4327
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd wanna see him fight some gatekeepers like Houston Alexander or Sokojou Phone Post
9/2/11 7:48 AM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I would love to see a lot of these great kickboxers and muay thai guys make the transition, 6months-1 year of wrestling isnt going to negate 20+years of wrestling/grappling some of these guys have. Yeah, hell make for some INSANE fights with some of the divisions strikers, but once he goes up against someone who has spent their life grappling itll be all over. We have seen this before...
9/2/11 8:00 AM
crazydave
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/2/11 8:06 AM
Fight! UK Online
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevinS - Alistair has over a decade of submission and wrestling experience....Spong is only now learning those areas. Kinda premature to think he'll go much farther than Reem in MMA imo.

I agree with this. Excited to see him fight if he does, but very premature to say that.
9/2/11 8:21 AM
crazydave
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear Dana ...

VS.
9/2/11 10:20 AM
In Limbo
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you see hudnreds of fighters who have these wrestling credentials from high school and college....."division 1 this.." "state champ that", "Juco champ..." when describing many new and established fighters

People were drooling during the beijing games to see which wrestlers would be good MMA prospects...Askren is doing his thing, Cormier also....

professional high level kickboxers should be viewed in the same regard as MMA prospects.....i know a lot of kickboxers are purists and wouldn't even imagine competing in MMA....  but just imagine guys like Andy Souwer and Giorgio Petrosyan getting in the cage, i mean Manhoef, Schilt, Overeem have already done it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.