UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TITO ORTIZ TWITTER ACTION INVOLVING FOX EVENT

9/2/11 12:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the islander
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito retweeted that just a day before the big announcement. Could Tito have just gave away the main event? 
9/2/11 12:19 AM
Chill__Owl
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good fight i guess

nothing to jizz about
9/2/11 12:20 AM
Nubinatub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope thats not the main event. Phone Post
9/2/11 12:51 AM
HOWtasteMYbigPP
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good co-main event, but bad main event. Both guys are coming off a loss so I hope this isn't the headliner.
9/2/11 12:56 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup
This would be a great co-main event that could air on FOX if the other fight goes short.  If not then at least the Facebook stream gets an awesome main event.
9/2/11 1:03 AM
Datguy

Great fight.

Tito wins by split decision. Phone Post
9/2/11 1:05 AM
Mr Sponge
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOWtasteMYbigPP - Good co-main event, but bad main event. Both guys are coming off a loss so I hope this isn't the headliner.
This Phone Post
9/2/11 1:08 AM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh really hope thats not all they've got
9/2/11 5:49 AM
icelogo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max - This would be a great co-main event that could air on FOX if the other fight goes short.  If not then at least the Facebook stream gets an awesome main event.
Great business strategy.  Let's put an anticipated fight between two popular legends/former champs on a Facebook stream that will be viewed by 20 people.

9/2/11 6:01 AM
MezcalMan

Augie Max - If not then at least the Facebook stream gets an awesome main event.

what are you even talking about? never in a million years would Tito vs Ace be aired on Facebook in HD for free
9/2/11 6:19 AM
Don_Dada
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great main event for FOX, if it was 5 years ago. Phone Post
9/2/11 7:10 AM
aatard
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's a good main event from a business standpoint. Hardcore fans are going to watch regardless. Casual fans will watch because it's two big names in the sport. People tuning in for the first time will get a very good technical fight which is good for the sport. If the second fight is between a couple of solid featherweights or lightweights, it could be a great business move. Phone Post
9/2/11 7:18 AM
InvisibleControl

Agreed with everyone else. This isn't a main event worthy fight. They would never have this fight main event a PPV, they would have it as a co-main. If this is the main event I will be terribly disappointed. Good fight, but not good enough.
9/2/11 7:35 AM
torquemada
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of both, but I don't think using two of your older (and forgive me) declining fighters is the best start for the FOX broadcasts...
9/2/11 7:40 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada - I'm a fan of both, but I don't think using two of your older (and forgive me) declining fighters is the best start for the FOX broadcasts...

They are both still very popular with fans and recognizable.

Plus Rich is a perfect guy to put out to the Fox masses.
Clean cut, well spoken, great ambassador for the sport.

From a meaningful standpoint, it isnt really that important of a fight, but to casual fans (and the new fans they hope to attract with FOX) it is a good match up.

All speculation until 1:00pm though.
9/2/11 7:41 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People need to stop thinking about it like the FOX fight is going to be a hardcore fan superfight.

Its far from that.

Its going to be a fight to sell MMA and the UFC to people who may not have otherwise watched it much before.
9/2/11 7:48 AM
Mulletron5000
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito is probably one of the most recognizable faces in MMA, right next to Chuck Liddell. Being on The Apprentice pretty much guaranteed that he will be on the FOX fight.
9/2/11 10:54 AM
un3rgr0und

I think that could be the undercard fight but not the main event, Dana white said its going to be a really big fight...Tito vs Franklin isnt a really big fight imo

not at this point anyway

I think the main fight on the FOX card is a title fight ? if possible...idk, but something BIGger

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.