UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Be Breathed Question

3/19/03 9:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jimmy23
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-03

I ahve been attemping the pike exercise, the very first one in Be Breathed. I can do the first portion of the exercise well enough to work it slowly , where you move from laying on your back to sitting up. The problem comes from the second half of the exercise, moving into the pike position itself. After returning to the flat on myback position and pulling my legs towars my head, I just cannot seem to pull my hips up from the floor, back far enough to then press my legs up and inhale. IF I do the motion quickly, i can sort of pop into position (very sloppily),but doing the motion slow is presenting me with wuite a problem. ANy advice or ideas on how to work into this very basic motion?
3/21/03 11:17 AM
Jimmy23
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-03
no ideas anyone?
3/21/03 11:32 AM
Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy, start with your hands by your sides and use your hands to leverage the floor. Assist your Performance Breathing. As you become smoother in the movement, move your arms incrementally higher and higher until your arms are outstretched laterally. Then flip your hands over and go with hands above your head. Coach Sonnon
3/21/03 11:54 AM
Jimmy23

3/21/03 9:19 PM
Jimmy23

I hate to admit this, but this is an incredible workout for my abdomen, I had no idea that my abs were this weak
4/6/03 10:14 AM
Jimmy23

Edited: 06-Apr-03
Did my first full rep yesterday morning, i am over the hump !
4/6/03 10:22 AM
Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Apr-03
Congrats Jimmy23!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.