UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> KillerBeeGi.Com Plain Gi's Now Available

9/2/11 10:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
killerbeegi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello,

I wanted to let everyone know that the new Ligustica MK II plain gi's are now available.  Just like the Ligustica MK II only without the exterior company branding.  There is one small patch and that is inside the interior jacket.  We are offering White, Black, and Blue. If you are interested please check out our website.
We are also still offering Free shipping for orders 75.00 and over within the U.S. That includes Hawaii and Alaska.

If you have any questions send me an email.

Thanks,
Jesse
Killer Bee Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Kimonos
9/4/11 5:21 PM
killerbeegi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
9/4/11 5:26 PM
FenceGrab
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking NICE.

I have no clue why more companies don't do this.

I am 6 foot 3 / 240lbs.
and wear an A4 in just about everything.
Seems like an A4 in your gi also?
(figured I would ask before buying)
9/4/11 6:07 PM
countlphie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

excellent! ordering one right away
9/4/11 6:33 PM
Mad Dangler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you guys have sizing chart? Phone Post
9/4/11 6:45 PM
kying418
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Dangler - Do you guys have sizing chart? Phone Post

Sizing chart is at the bottom of the Gi Page.

I think I'm going to pick up a blank black gi too.

How heavy is your lightweight gi? Grams, etc?

Thanks.
9/4/11 6:45 PM
killerbeegi

Hello,

@FenceGrab: Close call.  If you are a trim 240 then probably an A4 otherwise maybe an A5.   Also my skirt length runs on average, a little shorter than other companies following more of a compeition cut.  Just look at the chart for measurments.

@Mad Dangler: Sizing chart can be found on each product page but also here:
9/4/11 6:50 PM
killerbeegi

kying418 - 
Mad Dangler - Do you guys have sizing chart? Phone Post

Sizing chart is at the bottom of the Gi Page.

I think I'm going to pick up a blank black gi too.

How heavy is your lightweight gi? Grams, etc?

Thanks.

About 550 gsm. Tight grain. Does not feel like it holds as much sweat as the standard gold or pearl from the MK I series.
9/5/11 12:23 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

honestly your regular gis are close enough to plain for me. i like the look of your gis but i havent seen one in person i think when i do buy a new gi i will give these a shot
9/5/11 1:28 AM
Hippie Ripper
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a ligustica mark 1 w RS pants, fits great, nice cut. Looking to getting a white Scutellata and tye dyeing it this month. Great product.
9/7/11 7:44 PM
Horus2001
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

think of all the Gis i have had over the last 15 years, these are my favorite. i have the first generation ones just before the rope cord on the pants and after.

i have had krugans, ouano, hck, storm, keiko raca, atamas, hsu, live love fight and tatame and the killer bee gis have been the most comfortable gis. the pants are fine but the jacket is really nice and has remained soft even when i only tumble dry for 10 mins and line dry the rest of the time.

plus the price is really good and the customer service is great. i remember jessie even washed the gi before sending it out.

9/7/11 9:04 PM
killerbeegi

Horus2001 - think of all the Gis i have had over the last 15 years, these are my favorite. i have the first generation ones just before the rope cord on the pants and after.

i have had krugans, ouano, hck, storm, keiko raca, atamas, hsu, live love fight and tatame and the killer bee gis have been the most comfortable gis. the pants are fine but the jacket is really nice and has remained soft even when i only tumble dry for 10 mins and line dry the rest of the time.

plus the price is really good and the customer service is great. i remember jessie even washed the gi before sending it out.

Thanks Horus2001, I think you were my first customer. I remember it well because I had driven all night to pick up a package of honey bees from a distributor and you called late in the night with some questions as I was waiting in my car. Glad to hear from you and hope you are doing well.

P.S. Of course I could be wrong and have you confused with someone else. :-)
9/7/11 11:10 PM
Horus2001
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

killerbeegi - 
Horus2001 - think of all the Gis i have had over the last 15 years, these are my favorite. i have the first generation ones just before the rope cord on the pants and after.

Thanks Horus2001, I think you were my first customer. I remember it well because I had driven all night to pick up a package of honey bees from a distributor and you called late in the night with some questions as I was waiting in my car. Glad to hear from you and hope you are doing well.

P.S. Of course I could be wrong and have you confused with someone else. :-)

nope, that was me. i do remember you telling me about being out and speaking to me on your cell.

the Gis have held up very well. most people remark on the bee logo that the first Gis had, mostly they like it.

i found it to be a nice change from all the tough guy symbolism.
9/8/11 9:17 PM
killerbeegi

10% of until this Sunday using promocode

UGROUND10
9/9/11 1:16 AM
rosario00
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Phone Post
9/9/11 3:07 AM
John Frankl

Awesome deal. I just ordered the Plain top and pants in A2. $100 shipped with the discount. Thank you.
9/9/11 7:46 PM
killerbeegi

Ttt Phone Post
9/9/11 9:28 PM
JRockwell
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/11 9:28 PM
 How wide do these gi's run, as in the cut around the torso?  I swim in Korals and Vulkans for example, even if the shoulders and sleeves fit me well.  The torso wrap of Gameness and Keiko tend to fit me much better.  Any thoughts?  Thx!

(6'1", 175, medium build)

9/9/11 10:20 PM
killerbeegi

@JRockwell,
Hi,
With your build and height I would probably suggest an A3. A2 might fit ok around the body but the sleeves and skirt length will be too short based on those two measurements you sent me.

My gi's are form fitting and will not hang or wrap around you like a blanket. If I can answer any other questions please send me an email.

Jesse
9/10/11 9:26 AM
JRockwell
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice, I'll give one a try, order sent. Phone Post
9/11/11 12:39 AM
John Frankl

BTW, I got a notice that the gi had shipped about 6 hours after I put in my order.

Excellent service!
9/11/11 9:23 AM
kying418
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting ready to get a black one- I dont see where I can put in the discount code that expires today?
9/11/11 12:14 PM
killerbeegi

kying418 - I'm getting ready to get a black one- I dont see where I can put in the discount code that expires today?

Sorry the discount was supposed to expire on Monday morning early but instead expired today. I have updated it and you should be able to use the same code now of UGROUND10

Let me know if not.
Thanks,
Jesse
9/12/11 9:50 AM
kying418

Thanks! I ordered a black plain.

I ended up not using the discount code because by using it, I no longer got the free shipping, and with the shipping added on, it was actually 80 cents more haha.

Can't wait to get it!

PS- Not to be anal or anything (I still ordered one), I know a lot of lightweight gi's are 450 grams or lighter...yours is 550...it is still plenty light, right?
9/12/11 10:34 AM
killerbeegi

When you wear it I think you will see that it feels light and breathable. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.