UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Racer, Das, Ali? Ive been away

9/3/11 1:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been away for a while just wondering if everyone was still around
9/3/11 3:28 AM
Ali
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fite! Just recently back myself. I haven't seen DasBeaver :-(

the others...!

Hope you're well. Let us know what you're checking out!
9/9/11 8:40 PM
Fite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/11 8:44 PM
Hey Ali good to know you're still around! I havn't really been able to check anything out as of late music is kinda "blah" to me and i refuse to tune down to drop C LOL.So here is the Slipknot La Bamba cover just for old times sake! 

La Bamba

edit: sorry it wouldn't let me embed the vid
9/10/11 12:00 AM
Ali
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was away away till very recently, so cool... Missing DasBeav, been hanging with Hugo (check the Nels Cline thread for more than an earful).

Did you hip us all to that La Bamba the first time around? I didn't remember WHO, but I still tell people about that! Nice trip down memory lane, there. Still kills me.

Intersting that music is kinda "blah" -- I've been through a few weeks of listening to talk, myself. Lectures on youtube, books on mp3... only playing music for other people. Phases. It's coming back the last couple of days, but really for weeks barely anything.
9/10/11 2:08 PM
Fite

Same here man I hadn't logged on in quite some time- I had Das' email but suffered a computer crash and lost a lot of my contacts. Yea it was me on the La Bamba vid, I don't remember how i came across it but i am pretty sure that they actually played that song on letterman. Since I got Sirius five years ago i mostly listen to Stern or old stuff, Talk, News, Sports. A friend turned me on to some old Flotsam and Jetsam, the last album that featured Jason Newsted before his talent was brutally supressed by James Hetfield. Last actual album i purchased was Ray Lamontagne's Gossip in the Grain, Trouble and Till the sun turns black (well that was 3 albums actually )
9/10/11 9:20 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wat?
9/10/11 11:12 PM
Ali

Hi Fite --
THANKS for that ICP does La Bamba vid all those years ago! I've shared that with SO many people... forgot who I learned of its provenance from. To that was you. Cool!

I have a very close friend who hipped me to Ray LaMontaigne. I haven't entirely forgiven him. (Sorry, but whatever --)

What you DO need to know about though is grooveshark.com . Go check that out if you want to find more music. The search function is weird, sometimes something doesn't come up under a perfectly reasonable search and if you put in a different term it will. But it's an astounding library of music you can stream. And if you "join" (free) you can save playlists. I've been using it to share music with poeple -- just pointing them to tunes there, when they're not on youtube or something. So check it out.
9/11/11 1:12 AM
Fite

thanks Ali- im going to check that out sounds cool
9/13/11 2:03 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm back from burning man, what a trip that was!
9/13/11 9:45 PM
Ali

"burning man" and "a trip" in the same sentence... hmmm... tell us more!
9/13/11 11:38 PM
Fite

Racer X -  I'm back from burning man, what a trip that was!

LOL Racer!! How the heck are you man
9/14/11 1:19 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A crew from my town goes to Burning Man every year. "Camp Hate" is the name of there camp I think.. I`ve heard it`s a blast and I sure would like to go one of these years..
9/14/11 3:46 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were at camp La Petite Morte.
No trippin' Ali, other than the long ass road trip to get there.
There's plenty to see without "enhancements".

But almost nothing to hear besides Dub Step.
9/14/11 8:55 PM
Ali

I was just kidding about trippin'...

How was the Dubstep in that context? I bet I'd like it more in those circumstances than most any others.
9/16/11 11:36 AM
Racer X

This is a pretty good highlight video I found on YouTube. Not really the music we found, most of it was heavier/grind-ish, Skrillix(sp)   like? My kids know more of the names in that genre than I do.
9/16/11 8:13 PM
Ali

I suppose I deserved that, Racer.

The visuals are very cool though!
1/28/12 9:46 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap, I remembered my password.
Fite, I just found a scan of Crying, waiting, hoping and came by to see whats going on.

Ali, RX, Hillbilly, Jman, srieter, whaledog...
It's like Alice in Wonderland iin here!
1/28/12 11:56 AM
Ali

DasBeav! Good to see you.
Years, literally years, since I listened to Danny Gatton, until this morning when I wenst searching to replace some missing recordings. (And noticed, of course, a title I'd forgotten - "One for Lenny"). And then you show up. Cue Twilight Zone music (preferably not as performed by Jerry Garcia)!
1/28/12 5:52 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ali, it's been ages!
I heard Carla Kihlstedt on the radio recently and it totally reminded me of this forum.
Haha, please don't let me entrance music be Jerry Garcia!
1/28/12 6:08 PM
Ali

How about a cover of Rhinoceros' "Apricot Brandy" ?

Check THIS out! : http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Apricot+Brandy/4oY6xw?src=5
1/28/12 6:43 PM
DasBeaver

That's more like it.
Gatton: Sometimes we forget, damn!
1/28/12 9:41 PM
Ali

Edited: 01/28/12 11:14 PM
yeah, I sort of forgot. I just heard that today for the first time. I was checking out that "Rubaiyat" compilation for other reasons, and stumbled across it. And yes: damn!
1/29/12 3:56 PM
DasBeaver

That guy is like a rich risotto, take in too much and it makes you sit down and beg for mercy.

Nothing close to that realm of virtuosity, this is a recent discovery I'm kind of taken with, Egor:

1/29/12 4:00 PM
Ali

That's fun. I couldn't help but start singing along at one point, but my lyrics were... "...with his liquor and drugs, and a soft machine.... he's gonna do another strip tease..."

For some reason!
1/29/12 4:09 PM
Ali

I've been digging Little Axe. Records are unveven, but never bad and often really, really good. Blues base, electronica, often dubby...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.