UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Racer, Das, Ali? Ive been away

2/3/12 7:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory has won all kinds of awards the last few years. He plays something like 17 different instruments. Amazing player. Here he is playing with my ex-wife. (yes really lol)
2/3/12 7:36 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i`m sure I`ve said this on here, but I`m getting old and can`t remember. Tommy was Tuck Andress`s guitar teacher. Tuck is also a Tulsa boy and played in the Gap Band for years.

Gina and I were sitting in the local park jamming/busking in about 2001 and all of a sudden there is Tuck and Patty standing in front of us listening. They were playing in town and were just out walking around. Tipped us a Lincoln.
2/6/12 8:52 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/12 8:52 AM
She looks like a handful! What a great song, whats it called? That's cool, T&P probably stole your songs, made them adult contemporary and made a mint.

Here's my big Western Swing revelation: Jack Wills

2/6/12 9:29 AM
Hillbilly

A handful is putting it mildly. lol.

Check this link out.

http://westernswing78.blogspot.com/
2/6/12 9:29 AM
Hillbilly

Oh and the tune was an old Ella Fitzgerald song called "When I Get Low I Get High".
2/6/12 10:39 AM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the "ex-" conversation in this context. Fortunately I don't get to see mine on youtube!

Billy Jack Wills -- that's cool; that's Bob's kid brother. I've been meaning to check some of that out forever.
2/6/12 2:37 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No kidding Ali, that's the last thing you need to see! Younger brother, that makes sense, this rendition has every trick in the book from rock to blues to jazz to country, cool stuff.

Wicked link, thanks Hillbilly.
2/6/12 3:09 PM
Hillbilly

I wonder who the musicians are on that track of Billy Jack Wills?
2/7/12 9:56 AM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the extent you that you can trust allmusic.com (which you probably can, even if it's not complete) you can see musicians listed for that record. Tiny Moore (from Bob Wills' band) being the name that meant anything to me.
2/22/12 5:58 PM
Fite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DasBeaver - Holy crap, I remembered my password.
Fite, I just found a scan of Crying, waiting, hoping and came by to see whats going on.

Ali, RX, Hillbilly, Jman, srieter, whaledog...
It's like Alice in Wonderland iin here!

Holy dog shit!! Das hella good to hear from you man how the hell have you been?
2/23/12 3:38 PM
DasBeaver

Still kicking brother!
How have you been man, been a long time!
3/6/12 11:18 PM
Fite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive been good brother still hangin in there- still playin live?
3/7/12 11:28 AM
DasBeaver

Yeah, pretty sporadically for the past year though. I just started playing with a rockabilly style trio side project, so something might come out of that.
3/9/12 12:18 PM
Fite

Good deal man i am glad youre still at it. i havnt really picked up a guitar in a few years. you still livin north?
4/4/13 2:33 AM
Ali

Kicking this one ttt.... just in case FITE might stop in again. Dude, you said hello almost 2 years ago.... once... then gone?

COME BACK!
And where is DasBeaver?

There is music to be inflicted!
4/6/13 4:13 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 4:25 AM
man i missed a lot of great stuff in this thread - glad u upped it
5/1/13 8:20 PM
Fite

WHATS UP ALI! sorry bro super busy with work and haven't been on this site in a super long time- i kinda lost interest in MMA when it hit the main stream and i had to listen to some random ass hat give me the low down on how pride fighters where really ultimate fighters lol.

how the hell ya been bro?
5/2/13 12:20 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everybody! Just checkin' in. :)

5/3/13 1:50 AM
Ali

Glad you guys show up to remind us.... of the glory days of the Soundground! I love our tiny group now, but I fear it shrinking. (And I know... I might chase people away with my taste for split-reed saxophone noise and such. But somebody's got to post!
5/3/13 6:51 PM
DasBeaver

Sorry man, life and stuff... you know the drill.
I'm like the crazy alcoholic uncle who stops by a few times a year to borrow money, just to get back on my feet.
Keep posting man, it's really intimidating to need to listen to everything you post here. In a good way!

Fite: Still up north. Playing mostly with a Horror-rockabilly/punk kind of band these days.
6/25/13 8:02 PM
Fite

sup fellas, good to hear from you all and see youre still around. Ali you keep schooling em, racer i hope youre well and das my friend i am glad youre doing good and still into the roackabilly, i hope youre still diggin lobos!

ill do my best to check in more often

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.