UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brett Rogers: Wife and I have our ups and downs

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/3/11 11:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

On June 28th, Brett Rogers was arrested and jailed in connection with assaulting his wife. She was reportedly strangled, punched repeatedly in the head and face, and lost a tooth in the struggle. Rogers was charged with assault in the third degree, domestic assault by strangulation and pattern of stalking conduct -- all felonies.. He was also charged with endangerment of a child, a gross misdameanor.

He was promptly cut from the Zuffa roster and publicly blasted by UFC President Dana White.

His current status was profiled on HDNet's Inside MMA last night.

Brett Rogers

"I was told not to go into details. The situation that occured happened, and it was more of a misunderstanding, when I look at it. The papers can write whatever."

"I am confident that things are going to be dropped, squared away. Then we can moved forward like we said. We are a married couple, we have our ups and downs just like everyone else."

"It was a lesson learned, life is a roller coaster, and it was a lesson learned."

Roger's wife, Tiuana Rogers

"We just enjoy being aorund each other. and we just wanna continue loving each other, loving our family, and just focus on moving forward and being positive."

"He's a family man and a lot of people don't see that with MMA fighters, they are so quick to judge."

Rogers' attorney, Murad Mohammad

"These allegations are serious allegations and we are taking them very seriously. We are looking forward to addressing them in court."

"The alleged victim is Brett's wife. And this is a family that's been together for a long time. They love each other. And Ms. Rogers, at this point, appears not to be willing to testify against Brett."

--

A jury trial is set for Sept. 13

--

In the mean time, Rogers will be making his return to the cage on Sept. 23, 2011 at Titan Fighting Championships 20 in Kansas City, Kansas against former UFC fighter Eddie Sanchez.

--

In an interview with FCFighter, Rogers loosely detailed the circumstances leading up to the incident, and took issue with the UFC over the manner of his firing.

“I’m blessed I got this fight and now I just want to let my hands go. I want to prove to the world that Brett Rogers isn’t going nowhere.  He can stand and hang with the best of them. – even if I have to crawl before I walk again.”

During fight week in Dallas, Rogers said that a three year old child of one of his neighbors walked onto Rogers’ family property and was bitten by Rogers’ dog that was on a leash outside the home.  Rogers only found out about the incident upon his return home and, after an emotionally draining battle with local authorities, he gave in to the demands of the community and put the dog down.

“The city didn’t want to listen to me,” said Rogers, an avid dog lover and member of Knockout Dog Fighting, the non-profit organization that seeks to eliminate organized dog fighting competitions.  “I felt bad for the little child but, at the same time, I thought my dog should still be living.”

Then came the incident at home for which Rogers was charged with assault in the third degree, domestic assault by strangulation and endangerment of a child.

“Don’t believe everything you read.  For me to do something (violent),” Rogers said, “you have to do something to me first.”

“I’m fighting for my family – to put food in the family.  Every second I’m fighting, I’m thinking about my family and how I can better their lives.

“Everything got blown out of proportion. It’s over and done with.  My attorney is taking care of business and making sure things are straight and that I’m home where I need to be so I can provide.”

"(Zuffa) could have given me a little more respect. I got out of jail and tried calling them, but no one picked up the phone or returned my calls.  I felt like people were just avoiding me, so I gave up.  Dana White needs to man up and pick up a phone.”

“UFC isn’t the only thing out there.  I’ve always wondered what it would be like to fight out East in Asia. I’m hoping something like that can happen down the line.  I’m going to keep my options open.”

Read entire article...

9/3/11 11:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zFugitive
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes they have their ups and downs.

He picks her up, and slams her to the ground.
9/3/11 12:07 PM
DoubleBagger
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zFugitive - Yes they have their ups and downs.

Nice
9/3/11 12:11 PM
Big_L
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zFugitive - Yes they have their ups and downs.

haha!
9/3/11 12:13 PM
Blowtorch19
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So according to Brett it's ok to beat women up because relationships have ups and downs? What a sad excuse, man up to it atleast. Phone Post
9/3/11 12:18 PM
Ryan Shank
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beat ups and beat downs?
9/3/11 12:29 PM
D241
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She looks turrible. eyebrows, make up, square face. he probably mistook her for a draq queen.
9/3/11 12:34 PM
epwar
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBob300 - Ive been waiting to use this for a couple days now...

Someone embed this for me pls.

http://tinypic.com/r/o8zz36/7

9/3/11 12:39 PM
ChicagoTom
346 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before...

These things happen in dysfunctional relationships.

Cecil peoples scored it for Mrs. Rogers

6 months of sprawl training.... Phone Post
9/3/11 1:07 PM
MMAxNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghenghis - Wonder what exactly the lesson he learned was.

You never touch the crazy bitch. Call the cops and let her keep hitting you. That is the only way.
9/3/11 1:24 PM
jason hornbuckle

how is a guy beating a woman til she loses a tooth a misunderstanding?

i mean if he thought she was cheating on him and she wasn't, like someone gave him some photoshopped pictures of her blowing another dude, then fine. that's a misunderstanding

other than that i don't see how
9/3/11 1:49 PM
chaplinshouse
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she didn't look too convincing when asked if its ever happened before.

love the "hey guys let me get a shot of your family walking the dog in the park" routine. It's like insideMMA is trying to repair his image

9/3/11 1:56 PM
EnderTL
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She looks like a psycho. It seems like one of those relationships where they both feed off the drama. They probably deserve each other.
9/3/11 1:57 PM
K-Dub-"T"

SOme golden one-liners on thread so far... lol.
9/3/11 2:07 PM
Rockstars
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's why I beat that ass. Phone Post
9/3/11 2:20 PM
Enemies

Ups: Beating Andre Arlovski.

Downs: Beating the shit out of his wife.

Ups: His wife refusing to testify against him.

Downs: Having to fight for Titan.
9/3/11 4:28 PM
CajunPest
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead of just up and down she needs to learn to bob and weave Phone Post
9/3/11 4:35 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Douche - Fuck the Bullshit! It's good to see him training with Greg Nelson instead of that other guy.

Yeah, hopefully he can finish her next time.
9/3/11 4:51 PM
user guest

Edited: 09/03/11 7:41 PM
seems like a regular everyday couple
9/3/11 7:15 PM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should be in pro elite .....he will beat sanchez bye ko.....theres some decent mid tier guys in the heavyweight division available.... rogers, sylvia, rizzo, gonzaga, mccorkle, duffee, yvel, gracie, buanetello, monson and both emeliananko brothers onefc, pro elite could have a decent heavyweight division also mix in some prospects and build them up
9/3/11 7:40 PM
Enemies

Douche - Fuck the Bullshit! It's good to see him training with Greg Nelson instead of that other guy.

That's not a guy. That's his wife. And that wasn't training. That's called domestic abuse. Come on man!
9/4/11 2:36 AM
LBH_RN
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana better man up and talk to him or else The Grim will be coming for his woman w/ his loose hands.
9/4/11 3:14 PM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CajunPest - Instead of just up and down she needs to learn to bob and weave Phone Post

Clearly shes got weave figured out already.
9/5/11 12:04 AM
laoctorr

I know at least 10 guys who had these charges brought against them, happens all the time.....right, yea right. The one trick poney is now relegated to Titan...if he is lucky maybe Bellator picks him up. Maybe a fight with Sapp.
9/5/11 8:36 AM
tres_equis_666
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup, she also has his left hook, right straight. Danga da danga da dang Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.