UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 1.....

9/4/11 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, back by popular demand is the sit em start em threads. Give me your tough decisions and I will tell you who I think you should start. I will do these threads every single week on here through the season. I've been playing FF since 1995 and consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to who you should sit or start.. You've got tough choices and I've got answers.

For those giving advice, please make sure you are experienced in FF, so we don't junk up the threads with nonsense. For those asking for advice please don't post your whole team and ask who you should start. Just do it with the positions you are on the fence about. 

Bring em on....

9/4/11 10:48 AM
Mr B Rock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joseph Addai or Santana Moss  PPR league

I have addai slated in but like the match up of moss vs the giants secondary
9/4/11 11:16 AM
Gracie killar
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would roll with Moss as you said Giants secondary is hurting right now.
9/4/11 11:33 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flex:

Reggie Bush vs Pierre Thomas vs danny amendola vs felix jones..

my team is kinda stacked..:)
9/4/11 2:53 PM
Gracie killar
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PPR alxholic? if so gotta go with Felix jones imo amendola is a close second though. just my 2cents.
9/4/11 5:46 PM
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr B Rock -  Joseph Addai or Santana Moss  PPR league

I have addai slated in but like the match up of moss vs the giants secondary

This is a tough one but I would roll with Addai as long as Manning doesn't come back. The Colts are going to have to rely on the run since Kerry Collins will be the QB.
9/4/11 5:48 PM
caleb

Edited: 09/04/11 5:50 PM
alxholic - flex:

Reggie Bush vs Pierre Thomas vs danny amendola vs felix jones..

my team is kinda stacked..:)

Felix Jones. He is getting all the carries for Dallas including goal line carries and he will get a few screen passes. He is playing a tough defense in NY but don't kid yourself, he is capable of taking it to the house at any given time.
9/4/11 8:03 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have Matt Ryan vs Chicago and Tony Romo vs the Jets. Not a fan of either matchup here.

The other question I have is Steven Jackson vs the Eagles or Cedric Benson vs the Browns. I mean, you know it is the Browns, but Benson has done the week in jail. He is still expected to start though.
9/5/11 5:10 PM
MentalRage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who should I start for flex? Beanie Wells, Reggie Bush or DeAngelo Williams?
9/5/11 5:27 PM
Gracie killar

Honestly its a toss up btwn Williams and wells and right now if I were you I would go Williams. Don't think Zona's run D will be anything special really.
9/5/11 7:05 PM
caleb

Waylay -  I have Matt Ryan vs Chicago and Tony Romo vs the Jets. Not a fan of either matchup here.

The other question I have is Steven Jackson vs the Eagles or Cedric Benson vs the Browns. I mean, you know it is the Browns, but Benson has done the week in jail. He is still expected to start though.

I would take Matt Ryan at Chicago. I think the NYJ/Cowboys game will be a low scoring affair. Although I'm praying for the Cowboys to light up the scoreboard. That is my team.

I would also take Steven Jackson at home vs. Benson on the road. Too many question marks with Benson. St. Louis should run the ball plenty as well. That is one way to take the dream team corners from Philly out of the game.
9/5/11 7:15 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - 
Waylay -  I have Matt Ryan vs Chicago and Tony Romo vs the Jets. Not a fan of either matchup here.

I would take Matt Ryan at Chicago. I think the NYJ/Cowboys game will be a low scoring affair. Although I'm praying for the Cowboys to light up the scoreboard. That is my team.

I would also take Steven Jackson at home vs. Benson on the road. Too many question marks with Benson. St. Louis should run the ball plenty as well. That is one way to take the dream team corners from Philly out of the game.
Thanks Caleb, that is the way I was leaning, but it is great to be able to get other peoples thoughts.

9/5/11 9:03 PM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/11 9:07 PM
Who do I start at RB?
Turner vs CHI
Rice vs PIT
McFadden vs DEN
F Jones vs NYJ
Bush vs NE

I can only start two RB.

Who should I start at WR?

Dez vs NYJ
Moss vs NYG
M Williams vs DET
Julio Jones vs CHI
Boldin vs PIT

I have to start three WR.
9/5/11 10:40 PM
caleb

Johnny Fatz - Who do I start at RB?
Turner vs CHI
Rice vs PIT
McFadden vs DEN
F Jones vs NYJ
Bush vs NE

I can only start two RB.

Who should I start at WR?

Dez vs NYJ
Moss vs NYG
M Williams vs DET
Julio Jones vs CHI
Boldin vs PIT

I have to start three WR.

Turner vs CHI
Rice vs PIT

M Williams vs DET
Dez vs NYJ
Boldin vs PIT
9/5/11 10:41 PM
caleb

Edited: 09/05/11 10:42 PM
"Waylay - Thanks Caleb, that is the way I was leaning, but it is great to be able to get other peoples thoughts."

You're welcome. That is what this thread is all about. Two heads are always better than one.
9/6/11 1:14 PM
caleb

Rb's pick 3

Felix Jones
Tim Hightower
Beannie Wells
Ryan Grant

So far I have
Felix Jones
Tim Hightower
Beannie Wells penciled in

Felix Jones gets all the carries for Dallas and will get screen passes etc. He has looked great in practice and in preseason games. NYJ have a tough defense but Felix is capable of breaking a big run at any time. Plus he will get goal line carries as well.

Tim Hightower has looked great in preseason and has earned the roll of starting running back. NY has a somewhat tough defense but hightower should see plenty of carries, as well as goal line carries.

Beannie Wells He looked good in preseason and gets all the carries in Arizona. Has a chip on his shoulder and playing against a weak team in the Carolina Panthers.
9/6/11 2:16 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks caleb and everyone else that helped.
9/6/11 3:38 PM
Gracie killar

Just an FYI David Garrad just got released by the Jags, Luke Mccown will be the starter now with Blaine Gabbert as the back up.

Not sure how this affects mike thomas's value but I think it helps MJDs slightly.
9/6/11 4:23 PM
caleb

Gracie killar - Just an FYI David Garrad just got released by the Jags, Luke Mccown will be the starter now with Blaine Gabbert as the back up.

Not sure how this affects mike thomas's value but I think it helps MJDs slightly.

Wow.... that is big news right there. I remember 4-5 few years back Garrard looking unstoppable. Now he is cut. Some team out there will certainly pick him up as a backup.
9/6/11 5:22 PM
Gracie killar

Big news indeed but Del Rio has done this before with Leftwich in 07 the timing is more surprising. For what its worth I think Garrad ends up in Seattle and is starting there by week 5.
9/6/11 7:16 PM
Rahim Jetha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense - CHI DEF vs ATL or KC DEF vs BUF?

#3 Receiver - Mike Thomas or Danny Amendola or Deion Branch?

TE - Dallas Clark or Jimmy Graham?

With injuries/cutting, I am unsure of Thomas' and Clark's playability (I would have played those two). I am in a ppr league.
9/6/11 8:31 PM
caleb

Rahim Jetha - Defense - CHI DEF vs ATL or KC DEF vs BUF?

#3 Receiver - Mike Thomas or Danny Amendola or Deion Branch?

TE - Dallas Clark or Jimmy Graham?

With injuries/cutting, I am unsure of Thomas' and Clark's playability (I would have played those two). I am in a ppr league.

KC at home vs. Buffalo. Other mentions are Arizona at home vs. Carolina, Cleveland at home vs. Cincy, SF at home vs. Seattle.

Mike Thomas at home vs. the Titans who are terrible.

Dallas Clark. Even without Manning at the helm. He is still a tremendous target and knows how to be in the right place at the right time.
9/7/11 12:00 AM
Gracie killar

Edited: 09/07/11 1:46 AM
All right Caleb had my main league draft tonight want to know how bad my team is, I had the 10th pick in a 12 team 1pt ppr league. 6pts for passing rec'ing and rushing tds and a passing yrds bonus of 5pts at 350yrds and 10pts at 400yrds. Rushing yards bonus of 5pts at 5pts at 150yrds 10pts at 200yrds.

Here's my team

Starters
QB:Josh Freeman
WR:Hakeem Nicks
WR:Kenny Britt
WR:Mike Thomas
RB:Darren Mcfadden
RB:Felix Jones
TE:Rob Gronkowski
Flex:Mark Ingram
Flex:Jared Cook
K:Dan Carpenter
D:Curtis Lofton
D:Ndamukong Suh
D:Paul Posluzny

Bench
WR:Robert Meachem
WR:Mike Crabtree
WR:Brandon Gibson
WR:Emmanuel Sanders
WR:James Jones
RB:Pierre Thomas
RB:Darren Sproles
RB:Jahvid Best

Not the biggest fan of my bench but I think I have some decent pieces to make trades and improve my WRs. Also since we can start 2TEs should I drop Cook and grab Hernandez instead?
9/7/11 2:18 AM
Shane Sherk
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who to start?

Josh Freeman vs. Detroit

or

Kevin Kolb vs. Carolina
9/7/11 7:39 AM
caleb

Gracie killar - All right Caleb had my main league draft tonight want to know how bad my team is, I had the 10th pick in a 12 team 1pt ppr league. 6pts for passing rec'ing and rushing tds and a passing yrds bonus of 5pts at 350yrds and 10pts at 400yrds. Rushing yards bonus of 5pts at 5pts at 150yrds 10pts at 200yrds.

Here's my team

Starters
QB:Josh Freeman
WR:Hakeem Nicks
WR:Kenny Britt
WR:Mike Thomas
RB:Darren Mcfadden
RB:Felix Jones
TE:Rob Gronkowski
Flex:Mark Ingram
Flex:Jared Cook
K:Dan Carpenter
D:Ndamukong Suh
D:Paul Posluzny

Bench
WR:Robert Meachem
WR:Mike Crabtree
WR:Brandon Gibson
WR:Emmanuel Sanders
WR:James Jones
RB:Pierre Thomas
RB:Darren Sproles
RB:Jahvid Best

Not the biggest fan of my bench but I think I have some decent pieces to make trades and improve my WRs. Also since we can start 2TEs should I drop Cook and grab Hernandez instead?

Gracie,
I'm an honest guy so I'm going to shoot you straight. I'm not crazy about your team. Mcfadden will have a very hard time duplicating what he did last year, but if he does, that will be an awesome pick for you. Felix Jones was a solid pick, Hakeem Nicks was very solid, Jahvid Best isn't great but he is the main running back in Detroit and is capable taking it to the house. He started off really hot at the beginning of the season last year before getting injured.

Definitely drop Cook and pick up Hernandez. Brady loves Hernandez and I think he becomes a top 5 TE

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.