UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 1.....

9/7/11 7:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - All right Caleb had my main league draft tonight want to know how bad my team is, I had the 10th pick in a 12 team 1pt ppr league. 6pts for passing rec'ing and rushing tds and a passing yrds bonus of 5pts at 350yrds and 10pts at 400yrds. Rushing yards bonus of 5pts at 5pts at 150yrds 10pts at 200yrds.

Here's my team

Starters
QB:Josh Freeman
WR:Hakeem Nicks
WR:Kenny Britt
WR:Mike Thomas
RB:Darren Mcfadden
RB:Felix Jones
TE:Rob Gronkowski
Flex:Mark Ingram
Flex:Jared Cook
K:Dan Carpenter
D:Curtis Lofton
D:Ndamukong Suh
D:Paul Posluzny
D:Curtis Lofton

Bench
WR:Robert Meachem
WR:Mike Crabtree
WR:Brandon Gibson
WR:Emmanuel Sanders
WR:James Jones
RB:Pierre Thomas
RB:Darren Sproles
RB:Jahvid Best

Not the biggest fan of my bench but I think I have some decent pieces to make trades and improve my WRs. Also since we can start 2TEs should I drop Cook and grab Hernandez instead?

Gracie,
I'm an honest guy so I'm going to shoot you straight. I'm not crazy about your team. Mcfadden will have a very hard time duplicating what he did last year, but if he does, that will be an awesome pick for you. Felix Jones was a solid pick, Hakeem Nicks was very solid, Jahvid Best isn't great but he is the main running back in Detroit and is capable taking it to the house. He started off really hot at the beginning of the season last year before getting injured.

Definitely drop Cook and pick up Hernandez. Brady loves Hernandez and I think he becomes a top 5 TE this year. I drafted him.
9/7/11 7:45 AM
caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shane Sherk - who to start?

Josh Freeman vs. Detroit

or

Kevin Kolb vs. Carolina

I would take Josh Freeman here. I think this will be a high scoring game and Detroit is certainly going to be putting up some points... so TB will have to keep up. Kolb should also do well.. so it's hard to pick...but I would take the proven QB in this situation.
9/7/11 8:57 AM
FreakZilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dallas Defense vs Jets
or
Cleveland Defense vs Cincy
9/7/11 9:05 AM
leglockfan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick question on one team.

WR: Miles Austin vs NYJ 
WR: Brandon Lloyd vs OAK
WR: Mario Manningham vs WSH
WR: Anquan Boldin vs PIT
WR: Lee Evans vs PIT

I need to start 2 of the 5. What say you?

If Arian Foster is down it would be 3 of 5
9/7/11 9:19 AM
caleb

FreakZilla - Dallas Defense vs Jets
or
Cleveland Defense vs Cincy

Cleveland hands down. Cincy has a brand new QB and they are a terrible team. He should through a few picks and get sacked 3 or 4 times.
9/7/11 9:27 AM
caleb

leglockfan - Quick question on one team.

WR: Lee Evans vs PIT

I need to start 2 of the 5. What say you?

If Arian Foster is down it would be 3 of 5

You need to watch Miles Austin close.. he has been having hamstring issues. He should be fine by game time... if not, switch him out with Anquan Boldin or Mario Manningham.

If 2
Brandon Lloyd
Miles Austin (Put Boldin in if Austin out)

If 3
Brandon Lloyd
Miles Austin (Put Mario in if Austin is out)
Anquan Boldin

9/7/11 10:26 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kolb vs fitzpatrick.

i was 85% kolb until i started seeing a couple online rankings putting fitz over kolb. but just one rank higher..
9/7/11 11:26 AM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the input Caleb, guess Hernandez was drafted didn't notice till now oh well. Guess its a good thing there's a lions fan in my league.

Flex wise best or Ingram?
9/7/11 12:44 PM
caleb

Gracie killar - Thanks for the input Caleb, guess Hernandez was drafted didn't notice till now oh well. Guess its a good thing there's a lions fan in my league.

Flex wise best or Ingram?

Best.. no doubt. Ingram will be splitting carries with Sproles, and Pierre Thomas. Best will be getting 95% of all the carries in Detroit.
9/7/11 12:45 PM
caleb

alxholic - kolb vs fitzpatrick.

i was 85% kolb until i started seeing a couple online rankings putting fitz over kolb. but just one rank higher..

I prefer Kolb in this game. Only because they are playing Carolina and Carolina is terrible. I can see Kolb hooking up with Larry F. a lot in that game. Arizona should do a lot of scoring.
9/7/11 2:04 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Ridley is a good stash for me.
9/7/11 2:21 PM
leglockfan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb thank you

I will follow that advice to a tee. I was not confidant in my WR placement :)
9/7/11 2:29 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb has been a great FFB resource for years. he should be a redname in the nfl forum
9/7/11 2:42 PM
Gracie killar

TTT for Caleb getting red named
9/7/11 2:50 PM
caleb

Thanks guys..I just can't get enough football, so that is why I like coming here and giving advice. I would LOVE to be a red-name.. but I don't know how to get one. Anyone have any ideas on who to talk to?

Leglockfan,
You have some tough choices because all of your WR's are good. I just went with who I thought were your best options based on match-ups etc. I'm not perfect... so don't complain if one of the ones I didn't pick goes off!
9/7/11 3:31 PM
Gracie killar

Caleb,

Contact Kirik Jenness about becoming a mod he owns this site that might be a start.
9/7/11 3:52 PM
leglockfan

nah man anything can happen... I know that.. :)

9/7/11 5:26 PM
caleb

Edited: 09/07/11 5:57 PM
Gracie killar - Caleb,

Contact Kirik Jenness about becoming a mod he owns this site that might be a start.

I just emailed him through MMA mail. If anyone wants to help me out.. please email him too. Just click on his name on the site and email him.
9/7/11 5:33 PM
alxholic

refer him to this thread. you got my vote.
9/7/11 6:40 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/11 6:41 PM
My RBs include Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGahee and Ben Tate. Obviously, I'm starting Foster if he is healthy. If not, I'm leaning towards Tate (Houston is likely to pound the rock against the Manning-less colts). For my second RB, I'm thinking Tolbert, because he gets the goal line carries in SD and they should beat the Vikes. On the other hand, Bush will get plenty of check-downs in garbage time. Thoughts?

Non-PPR scoring, btw.
9/7/11 6:50 PM
caleb

419 - My RBs include Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGahee and Ben Tate. Obviously, I'm starting Foster if he is healthy. If not, I'm leaning towards Tate (Houston is likely to pound the rock against the Manning-less colts). For my second RB, I'm thinking Tolbert, because he gets the goal line carries in SD and they should beat the Vikes. On the other hand, Bush will get plenty of check-downs in garbage time. Thoughts?

Non-PPR scoring, btw.

I'm not so sure Tolbert gets goal line carries..although I would assume he is in a 60/40 split favoring Ryan Matthews. The Chargers are an "Air it out" team and will be lighting up Minny. I say with Tolbert you have to use a wait and see approach. I drafted Tolbert and am going to watch him closely before starting him. I want to see how Norv uses him this year.

Reggie Bush is the starter in Miami so he will get a large % of carries and he will catch a few passes as well. He also the type of running back who can "take it to the house" at anytime. I think he is going to be a huge sleeper this year.

I say Foster/Tate and Reggie Bush.
9/7/11 7:27 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is getting the goal line touches in Miami?

I can totally see Bush getting a lot of garbage yards against New England. Hopefully that includes a TD.
9/7/11 10:41 PM
Gracie killar

Pretty sure its Bush 419, Thomas has looked like ass apparently and the Dolphins have said they will give bush every opportunity to be a feature back so that makes me believe that he will get the goalline work.
9/8/11 4:48 AM
strontium90
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start San Diego RB Ryan Mathews due to Kevin Williams being suspended (for this game, and the next two as well) - and sit Jacksonville RB Maurice Jones-Drew because with Luke McClown at QB, the Titans are gonna be shoving eight and maybe even nine guys in the box on every down.
9/8/11 10:23 AM
caleb

strontium90 - Start San Diego RB Ryan Mathews due to Kevin Williams being suspended (for this game, and the next two as well) - and sit Jacksonville RB Maurice Jones-Drew because with Luke McClown at QB, the Titans are gonna be shoving eight and maybe even nine guys in the box on every down.

You have a point... although Ryan will be splitting carries with Tolbert and MJD won't be splitting much at all. Last year MJD tore it up against the Titans. I know he has a new knee and all and is a bit of a mystery this year, but I would roll with him. The Titans are going to be a terrible team this year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.