UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 1.....

9/8/11 10:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strontium90 - Start San Diego RB Ryan Mathews due to Kevin Williams being suspended (for this game, and the next two as well) - and sit Jacksonville RB Maurice Jones-Drew because with Luke McClown at QB, the Titans are gonna be shoving eight and maybe even nine guys in the box on every down.

personally i would never sit a top 5 rb.. but i see your point..i think i'd still play him though
9/8/11 12:28 PM
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beanie Wells against Carolina or Rashard Mendenhall against Baltimore?
9/8/11 1:18 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealJoker - Beanie Wells against Carolina or Rashard Mendenhall against Baltimore?

Gotta go with Rashard Mendenhall even though Beanie has the much better match-up. Beanie still needs to prove himself. I have him on my team and I'm starting him as my flex...but I don't have a RB as good as Mendenhall on my team, otherwise, I would start that RB over Beanie. I can see Mendenhall getting a goal line TD in that game and 60+ yards.

I do think Beanie will do well against Carolina though. Arizona will probably be able to score anyway they want.

Who is your flex? Can you show me your starting lineup? Maybe you can find a way to get Beanie in too.
9/8/11 2:40 PM
Gracie killar
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meachem a better wr 3 than Mike thomas this week or no?

Thanks
9/8/11 3:01 PM
Monroe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Percy Harvin vs. SD or Jeremy Maclin vs. STL? (Non-PPR)
9/8/11 3:16 PM
Gracie killar
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harvin to me is the better play just because you aren't really sure what you will get from Maclin coming off the illness he had and Harvin is the no 1 guy in Minny.
9/8/11 3:42 PM
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb -
TheRealJoker - Beanie Wells against Carolina or Rashard Mendenhall against Baltimore?

Gotta go with Rashard Mendenhall even though Beanie has the much better match-up. Beanie still needs to prove himself. I have him on my team and I'm starting him as my flex...but I don't have a RB as good as Mendenhall on my team, otherwise, I would start that RB over Beanie. I can see Mendenhall getting a goal line TD in that game and 60+ yards.

I do think Beanie will do well against Carolina though. Arizona will probably be able to score anyway they want.

Who is your flex? Can you show me your starting lineup? Maybe you can find a way to get Beanie in too.
Starting Ray Rice and Rashard, no flex in my league unfortunately. Also have the Law Firn and Felix Jones waiting in the wings. Phone Post
9/8/11 4:05 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Meachem a better wr 3 than Mike thomas this week or no?

Thanks

That is a coin flip. With Lance Moore out, Meachem will certainly get more looks. I see a high scoring game tonight too...
9/8/11 4:06 PM
caleb

Gracie killar - Harvin to me is the better play just because you aren't really sure what you will get from Maclin coming off the illness he had and Harvin is the no 1 guy in Minny.

This. Although Maclin was the #1 Eagles receiver last year. I know he will be playing, but not sure to what level. You have go go with the sure thing which in this case is Harvin.
9/8/11 8:21 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am officially aboard the Reggie Bush 2K YFS bandwagon.
9/8/11 10:01 PM
Gracie killar

Why did I draft saints rbs fml lol. GB has so many wrs too I picked up Cobb.
9/8/11 10:24 PM
caleb

Gracie killar - Why did I draft saints rbs fml lol. GB has so many wrs too I picked up Cobb.

Problem is with that my WR's, it lessens the chance of your WR of having a big night. Tonight is an exception to that rule considering 3 different WR's have touchdowns. Also, don't forget about Finley (the TE)... he is going to get his too.

Fyi... Mark Ingram looks pretty good. Do you have him?
9/8/11 10:42 PM
Gracie killar

Yeah I got ingram thomas and sproles I grabbed Cobb in 3 leagues one offers return yards so he should be good in that league.
9/9/11 12:37 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha.. i picked up sproles off the waiver after his punt return td. i can't use him this game but i think he'll be good this season..

but fuck.. now i have 33 points on the bench for this week.
9/9/11 1:37 AM
Gracie killar

ya I had sproles already in a few of my leagues and I grabbed Cobb in a couple as well. Might just say fuck it and roll sproles out every week as my flex lol.
9/9/11 10:08 AM
alxholic

i played against jennings and finley last night.. it was rough..
9/9/11 11:19 AM
caleb

Yeah, I played against Jennings too. But I have Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Desean Jackson that he will have to contend with.
9/9/11 11:52 AM
alxholic

whoa.. johnson and johnson?

me too.. andre and stevie.. and chris.. i got johnsons..
9/9/11 12:41 PM
Gracie killar

You big baby Alxholic :)
9/9/11 3:40 PM
Ronin Burgundy
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/11 3:41 PM
I played against Brees in both my leagues and have a sizeable hill to climb.

I have Ben Rape in both leagues and my backups are the QBs for my #1 WRs in each league Kolb-Fitz and Stafford-Megatron.

I'm thinking about rolling the dice sitting Ben in both leagues and starting the QB-WR combos. Wat u think?
9/9/11 5:44 PM
Gracie killar

I think your move is a no brainer man gotta start Stafford and Kolb the matchups are too good to pass up imo.
9/9/11 6:03 PM
Ronin Burgundy
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Thanks GK, I just needed to hear it from someone else
9/9/11 6:53 PM
caleb

alxholic - whoa.. johnson and johnson?

me too.. andre and stevie.. and chris.. i got johnsons..

My team name right now is DREAM TEAM but I'm thinking of changing it to Johnson and Johnson or Big Johnsons, after reading your post...haha Which do you like better?
9/9/11 6:57 PM
caleb

Edited: 09/09/11 6:58 PM
Ronin Burgundy - I played against Brees in both my leagues and have a sizeable hill to climb.

I have Ben Rape in both leagues and my backups are the QBs for my #1 WRs in each league Kolb-Fitz and Stafford-Megatron.

I'm thinking about rolling the dice sitting Ben in both leagues and starting the QB-WR combos. Wat u think?

It's Balsy... and I like it. Pit and Baltimore is usually a low scoring slug it out type game. Raplisburger has a few very fast targets in Wallace and Brown, so he could light it up.. but Baltimore will be playing tough defense.

Detroit vs. Tampa should be a high scoring game and Arizona should rape Carolina. I would play Kolb-Fitz and Stafford-Megatron this week over Raplisburger.

I wish you homo's would stick to just one league. You are making my job tougher with multiple leagues.
9/9/11 7:53 PM
Gracie killar

Sorry Caleb I will try and cut down next year key word try.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.